Prometheus aka kc102

The Helper

Necromancy Power over 9000
Staff member
Reaction score
Back in the beginning of TH.net history with Warcraft 3 and the World Editor came the first ones. kc102 was one of them. In 2005 after the great crash is when TH.net exploded on the WC3 Map Editing scene. Soon after that I created the Special Members forum group and brought the first recognized Helpers into the sites fold.

From what I remember, kc was not part of the beginning stuff. He was a little kid on the forums. He must have been 12 or 13 when he first arrived. Acehart remembered those days and would not forget them. kc grew up on these forums and Acehart never saw him change. Ace just wrote kc off as a lost cause. kc did seem like a lost cause. All the lead admins were in there 30's or 20's and immaturity was highly looked down upon

The true fact of the matter is many of our members came here very young. TH.net was one of there very first forums. Those are the people that are still around today. kc was just more newb like and happened to act that in front of many of the future admins.

Ace was not interested in that. He wrote kc off. Ace did not like kc.

When Ace did not like you, you were pretty much gone.

kc did not give up. He got better. He got older. He connected with me and I decided to try and train him up like someone that could be more into the site since that is what it SEEMED he wanted.

When kc was all trained up and ready to go I decided to do a site promotion. Made him a Moderator or something and Ace went ballistic. He said if I promoted kc he would quit the site.

I said fine. I knew it was time for Acehart World Editor Version 2.0 to go. The World Editor forums were dying off and I knew Ace was just sticking around so he did not leave us in a lurch.

So Ace left because I promoted kc. I would not listen to him about how crazy I was for doing it and I just present evidence - kc did not destroy the site. As of a matter of fact he disappeared into Lurker Land.

kc was more than ready to be a moderator and he really wanted it. I think he wanted it crazy. I would love to get his story on this. I just refuse to look at someone's past only when they are 13 and label them as a dipshit all there life. People change. kc did a whole lot for the site especially in the Tech Forums a number of years that I do not think Ace took into consideration.

In the end they both left.

Enter Prometheus - kc is back. It is ironic sometimes to watch kc post about Ace because I know he does not like him and still holds a grudge. I know Ace doesn't. kc was just an excuse to move on and keep interested. The fact of the matter is Ace could come back. If we ever met up with his interests again.

As for you kc102, oh I am sorry, Prometheus - Thanks for Helping my friend. You know I got your back! Helpers should not be treated like you were and for that I am sorry. You will always have your place here. Just do not talk bad about Ace too much. I really like Ace.

This section is WIP

Varine

And as the moon rises, we shall prepare for war
Reaction score
I was hoping for more of a... bang. Like, I don't know... a TH terror cell or something.

tom_mai78101

The Helper Connoisseur / Ex-MineCraft Host
Staff member
Reaction score
I think his old name is kc102, dang I forgot.

The Helper

Staff member
Reaction score
His name WAS kc_102 - if you search the forum for his posts it is all there.

The Helper

Staff member
Reaction score
He has to be 21 at least now. I know Conan just turned 21 so KC is probably right there too. Doubtful he drinks though.

tom_mai78101

Staff member
Reaction score
Not multiples. I was implying he changed his name a few times. Maybe I remembered wrongly...
Good, this means we need a petition to read Acehart's story in his own perspective.

monoVertex

I'm back!
Reaction score
Lol, I thought it was a serious reason, like some kind of open war in the Admin forums. This seems like something pretty petty to me :/.

Anyway, I can understand Ace's reason and his attitude towards noob, immature users, was pretty well known. I always tried to be as mannered and mature as I could when talking to Ace, haha.

I can still remember his original Ace Hart avatar, ah, those days...

Prometheus

Everything is mutable; nothing is sacred
Reaction score
Hey, hey, I still lurk! Old username was kc102, no underscore. Someone made a kc103 at one point to screw with me. As for Ace, I never really had hard feelings against the guy. I was more amused then anything that someone could hold such a static view of a person. I'll have to sit down and run over old memories, but gimme a bit and I'll have a story for you all. ;)

Side note: Only 20 :(

FireCat

Oh Shi.. Don't wake the tiger!
Reaction score
Just Wow
The Helper said:
I know Ace doesn't. kc was just an excuse to move on and keep interested
I agree. seems like an excuse. Well, and also I've seen it before.

The Helper

Staff member
Reaction score
Just Wow
I agree. seems like an excuse. Well, and also I've seen it before.

Ace has left the site before when the Questions died out. If we get super busy in something interesting and we need help I have a feeling we could see Ace again. He comes when Help is needed. He is a Helper. A real good one too :)

AceHart

Your Friendly Neighborhood Admin
Reaction score
Sherlock HOLMES said:
It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts.

> People change...

Do you? You should.

> If we ever met up...

...in person, I'd kick your sorry hide straight to the Ninth Circle.

Yours,
AceHart

P.s.: My only relation to DotA2 is watching the occasional Tobi Wan cast, never played that thing.

Varine

And as the moon rises, we shall prepare for war
Reaction score
Apparently the emotional turmoil remains consistent through several years.

tom_mai78101

Staff member
Reaction score
Apparently, Acehart held a grudge against The Helper, I'm probably nosy about this, but maybe Acehart wanted us to forget him. Let's be ecstatic about this, and move on.

The way he implies "People change, so should The Helper" means he wanted The Helper to change from a soft-hearted to absoluteness. And the additional quote, "...will kick your sorry hide...", implies that The Helper won't be forgiven, no matter what.

I'm sorry.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.