Prose: Apr. 18th

Ninva

Анна Ахматова
Reaction score
Prose of the Week (Apr. 18)​

Letter from the Editor

Lo' and behold! Prose of the Week marches on! This is our 10th issue published! Woohoo! Let's start a revolution! We got some new material today. Enjoy the new topics and ideas that have been floating around.

- Ninva

Crossology 101 Lifts Off the Ground!

Ninva Reports​

Seth Cross is the big guy around here. But he's more than a young man working a day job or a TH.net administrator. Seth Cross is a genuine writer. Seth has proved to be a brilliant speaker, writer, and thinker. He's a bit blunt, which is his claim to fame. Thus there isn't a surprise. We all knew that Seth will one day start a blog. And again I'm not surprised to find out that the blog is actually a good one. Crossology 101 is a excellent read. It is also interesting to learn about someone important to the TH.net community. You may subscribe to Seth Cross's blog as a google user.

WE Update

Romek Reports​

The World Editor Help Zone has been full of activity - as always. The contest results have been released, with the winner being Builder_Bob, followed by emjlr3. Both of these were very impressive spells, and I suggest you check them out as soon as possible! The next contest will be up soon, however, it probably won't be a spell contest. That's as much as I'll tell you; the rest is a surprise! ;)

A new version of JassHelper has been released recently. We're now on version 0.9.G.1, and a few new features have been introduced in this version. One of which is 'modules', which are essentially fancy textmacros for structs.

If you have anything World Editor related that you think could go here, feel free to PM.
This includes, but is not limited to, project advertisement or updates.

Resource of the Week:
I'll be starting resource of the week, which I'll be including in this space. So be sure to watch every week!
If you have any decent suggestions, feel free to PM me. The featured resource will also get rep from me, and anyone else who wants to.

The first Resource of the Week is [thread=76409]Cohadar's Perfect Unit Indexing (PUI)[/thread]. It's one of the most commonly used systems out there, and for good reason. It's the best indexing system there is, and it provides multiple ways to attach structs to units (Which is a very common need of mappers). There's even a simple, understandable tutorial for everyone who wishes to use it. Congratulations Cohadar.

Graphic Art Update
undeadorcjerk Reports

We're back with this week's Prose of the Week article! WOOOO!

Starting us off is DeviantArt's announcement that they are selling the five best artwork of all time on posters. Thats right people, the five best. I hope you have a 24" by 36" space on your wall for these monsters, the best part... $15 each. Go to DeviantArt Poster Series 1 to buy yours.

Next I need to say that the Wacom: Bring Your Vision to Life contest ends on May 19th. Just give Wacom your version of good vs evil and win a bunch of goodies. Remember the goodies.

For the featured art, I just have to feature Chronoscape- thundersnow by =alexiuss. The amount of detail put into everything and the brilliant colors make this one an insta-fave.

I've you have a suggestion for the next featured art or if you have a news tippet that you want seen in this article, pm me and I'll stick it in for you. Untill next week, later.

Humor Hour!
Pineapple Reports

The days seem to grow longer as we approach summer, well, you know, for those of us in the northern Hemisphere. (That’s the one that matters) You probably find yourself thinking to your self. “Huh, its almost summer, break. I wonder if I locked the door? Oh, I should visit the Humor Forum of TheHelper.net far more often than I currently do!” Alright, I’ll accept that may not be true (We don’t all wonder if we locked the door.) but you must come to terms with a few things to truly experience the humor zone to its full potential!

There is a few things you should consider when living life in the humor zone! We will start with perhaps the most important one. Pineapple loves you, no, not really, he will bitch slap you with all his powers (If he feels limited, he’ll just get Miz to do it, that's easy enough). Pineapple hates your ideas, not true, nothing satisfies the sexy beast of a fruit more than a good idea he can steal and claim as his own. That’s all fine and good, but how does that improve your enjoyment of the humor zone? Obey the rules and you will have fun, send in suggestions and you will have fun.

Now, lets get to some more serious matters, thread stealing! Have you ever seen a video and thought “Whoa! I would love to steal this thread so others think I posted it!” Well, the easiest way to steal a thread effectively is post a related link in the thread. If they posted a video of dinosaurs eating bananas and quoting Shakespeare, then post that comic of Shakespeare writing a play about dinosaurs! Remember, your not high jacking the thread, your stealing it; and as we learned last paragraph, pineapple seems fine with that.

Lastly, always remember that your links, videos, or anything humorous! Post them! Content is an amazing thing, the more the Humor forum gets the less chance AceHart has to say that the humor forum, in fact, lacks humor. When you can help stop AceHart from making sarcastic and hilarious comments you are doing a good job. Well, maybe not.

Song of the Week

Intro with Music
[YOUTUBE]rqKgmq-ew5Q[/YOUTUBE]

Just Music
[YOUTUBE]DH4hVPouAEg[/YOUTUBE]

Prose of the Week:
"Untitled" by Jimpy

"Care to be

Don't leave joy in this world;
of wasting chaperons.

It seems we have a problem;
The events of time can establish the movements of favor.

So long as we leave be, can we hesitate to relieve me?"

Jimpy sent me a letter last week. He wanted to see if I liked this poem, which he called "possibly perceived as absurdest poetry." I liked the fragmented feel to the whole poem. There is obviously a more deeper meaning, but you'd have to figure that out for you self. Post your opinions.

Romek

Super Moderator
Reaction score
This is a good issue indeed. :D

Where's Smith and his comics? I'm pretty sure Knight's written a few scripts for the comics, it's just the drawings that aren't coming. :(

Ninva

Анна Ахматова
Reaction score
This is a good issue indeed. :D

Where's Smith and his comics? I'm pretty sure Knight's written a few scripts for the comics, it's just the drawings that aren't coming. :(

Smith bailed.

DM Cross

You want to see a magic trick?
Reaction score
Ugh. Comics are done for, are they?

I'll see what I can do.

Ninva

Анна Ахматова
Reaction score
We could use a new comic artist. In the meantime, I'll use Andy's Pokemon Sprite comics. I'm sure he won't mind.

Knight7770

Hippopotomonstrosesquiped aliophobia
Reaction score
Until I find another artist, I could get by using stick figures.

kitkat24210

Reaction score
Er, I suppose I could do some of the comics. Examples of my recent art are up on the intarwebs if you're interested.

Ninva

Анна Ахматова
Reaction score
Prose of the Week will be a bit late. I'll get things back on schedule once I have a good hour to put everything together.

Genkora

Frog blast the vent core!
Reaction score
Until I find another artist, I could get by using stick figures.

I could also help with comics every now and then, I'm a pretty good artist, but I don't have a scanner or tablet so everything I do would be with a mouse, which is not a tool that I am so great with. But whatevs

DM Cross

Reaction score
I was considering bringing GH back, actually, in Black and White.

Til I realized that meant using the scanner/printer in the living room. Eh.

Knight7770

Reaction score
Here's the next issue of "The Lurker," drawn by vypur85. Enjoy :)

Comic1WithDialogue.jpg

DM Cross

Reaction score
Why would you put the comic up BEFORE the Prose?

Knight7770

Reaction score
It's for the ones that were missed. There must have been at least 2 issues without the comic in them.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.