Prose: June 22nd

Ninva

Анна Ахматова
Reaction score
Prose of the Week (June 22nd)​

Weekly Welcome

Ninva

I apologize for my tardiness. Our comic artist is gone. He has resigned due to unknown reasons. I'll have a story for you guys hopefully next week.

---
ANIME
---

Anime Forum Update
Miz Reports

he number of Anime Guides hit 45 today (see the Anime Index for more), with our newest being xxxHolic. (Which is our anime of the week, if I am not mistaken), Ghost in the shell (Film) which I critiqued last week in the Prose and last Shounen Onmyouji: The Young Spirit Master which was posted by our wonderful jonadrian619. So check out the new guides :D

Code Geass: Lelouch of the Rebellion has been updated, again, with the links to watch the episodes on Youtube Shows. Season 2 should be coming online soon, hopefully, so its a good time to get on the bandwagon to one of the most epic animes I have seen. :thup:

In other streaming news, Full Metal Alchemist Brotherhood has two new legal episodes up on Youtube Shows, Episode 7 and 8 [Subbed] (Thank Funimation for putting them on)

As for now, that is all for this week's update. Make sure you read the other anime articles in the Prose this Week and stay classy TH.

Soul Eater Review
Miz Reports

Over the past week I have been addicted to one of my favorite Mangas/Anime (I read the Manga) in a while; Soul Eater. When I say addicted, I mean literally addicted, I read from the 1st chapter up to the new releases in like 2-3 days. (Nothing like 62 Chapters) So this week, I will be reviewing my latest series for the prose.

SoulEaterbannersmall.png

The story of Soul Eater revolves around students in the Death Weapon Meister Academy (Known as Shibusen), in Nevada, United States. In soul eater, Maka Albarn and her weapon partner Soul Eater are students at Shibusen along with Black Star with his weapon partner Tsubaki, and Death the Kid with his twin weapon partners Liz and Patti.
The school is run by Shinigami, Death himself, as a training facility for weapons and the human wielders of those weapons, the meisters. Maka's goal, along the other meisters, is to have their weapons defeat and absorb the souls of ninety-nine evil humans and one witch, which will dramatically increase the power of the given weapon and making them into Death Scythes, thus be capable of being used by shinigami.
Throughout the Series, the characters encounter many witches and their minions, who use their destructive arts to lure the Students into madness and insanity...

My Comments
It is one of the best series I have read in a while, and I highly suggest anyone to read the Manga. I say this, because the Anime deviates from the manga considerably after episode thirty-five. The anime was also 'finished' even though the Manga is still continuing with a new chapter every month. (However, the Openings for the Anime are awesome ^^)

Storyline - ●●●●●●●●●● 10/10
Characters - ●●●●●●●●●● 10/10
Setting - ●●●●●●●●● 9/10
Originality - ●●●●●●●●●● 10/10

Overall - ●●●●●●●●●● 10/10

Anime Of The Week: xxxHolic
jonadrian619 Reports

xxxholic.jpg

Studio: Production I.G.
Creator: CLAMP
Release Date: April 6, 2006
Genre: Supernatural, Comedy

Kimihiro Watanuki is a high school student who has the ability to see youkai, spirits with a strong attraction to him. These spirits can't be seen by others and oftentimes they are dangerous to unwary passersby. Things take a huge spin for Watanuki when he stumbles into a shop that grants wishes. The shop's proprietress is Yuko Ichihara, a beautiful but mysterious woman who can grant the wish of her clients, for a price. The price must be of equal value to that of the wish; Watanuki wished for the removal of his ability to see spirits, and so he will become a part-time servant of Yuko for an unspecified amount of time.

Watanuki's tasks consist of small errands dealing with supernatural cases and household chores, and food and booze runs for Yuko, much to his dismay. His love interest, Himawari Kunogi, often takes part in his work to help out, as well as his "rival" Shizuka Dōmeki. They become closer together by time, despite Watanuki's constant annoyance with Dōmeki. They will discover soon that this world is more less-ordinary than what they thought.

Our friendly super moderator Miz also did an anime guide for xxxHolic, so you can take a look at it here.

---
THE ARTS
(ART/LITERATURE/ROLE PLAYING)
---

Graphics Update
undeadorcjerk Reports[/CENTER]

Contest Announcements galore, the best of all time, and Romek is still a Dofus! This is the Graphic Newsletter for June 21st, 2009!

Whats up kiddies? This week was nice. The Graphic Zone is still going strong after it's spontanious jumpstart a few weeks ago. Lets check up on the rest of the world.

Wacom and DeviantArt wrapped up a few things this week, most notabally is the winners announcement of the Wacom Bring Your Vision To Life Contest. Congradulations to *sandara for all your hard work you win a prize package of over 2,000 big ones. Thats right.

And not to be out done by Wacom, Adidas announced their winners for the adidas Finger Painting Contest. Not so much exciting stuff there... Moving on.

PSDTUTS is back with their best ever? Uh... kay? According to the +Tuts master... these are awesome. The Top 10 PSD+ Tutorials of All Time aren't that bad actually... esspecially if your looking for just this. With a small bonus at the end, these might be worth the time.

Straight from TheHelper.net, we have news from Romek on the poll for the T-shirt Design Contest. What say you Romek?

"The poll won't be up this weekend. I was far too busy. Heck, I didn't even write anything for the prose."

Great...

"Soon. I promise."

You said that last week.

So there you have it, the first interview with another member and get nothing. Way to break the mold Romek.

Finally, this week's featured art is from the one and only Sil3nt. Fountain of Blood was initially designed for one of the signature contests that used to be held every other week or so back in TheHelper.net's old days. The piece was part of the Sig Contest XVII. It soundly took victory, even though people disliked it because of its size. It is this week's featured art because, no matter how many times I look through my favorites, I still have to stop and stare at this one.

Word of the Week
Knight Reports

Word of the Week​

Ductile​

Pronunciation: /’dʌk tl, -tɪl/ (English guide to IPA for you lot who aren’t linguistics nerds)

Various Definitions:
adj. 1.capable of being hammered out thin, as certain metals; malleable.
2.capable of being drawn out into wire or threads, as gold.
3.able to undergo change of form without breaking.
4.capable of being molded or shaped; plastic.

Etymology: < Latin ductilis, malleable < ductus, duct, tube < ducere, to lead. Ultimately from the Proto-Indo-European root *deuk-, to lead.
Some interesting notes: Proto-Indo-European is the theoretical language based on the language family Indo-European, which consists of basically all of the European languages, including English. Linguists construct Proto-Indo-European based on ancient languages and conjectures. Words that are hypothetical, such as ones in Proto-Indo-European, are linguistically marked with a * before them. Just clearing that up if you were wondering.

Example sentence: “I do not know the meaning of ductile.”

RP Update
Miz Reports

It looks like the Pirates are back, after taking a break for a month, for one of the most successful and biggest Roleplays of the forum, Plunder! With only a few more post left till it hits 100! Not too shabby for a roleplay with only 3 people, including me xD
Of course, anyone is free to join Plunder, but they're are some requirements such as longer, more detailed post; unique and balanced characters; and players putting input into the plot. So if your up for the challenge post in the OOC Thread for Plunder in the Warehouse Forum and make sure you read all the rules and all of the posts posted so far, so that you will have some understand on whats happening.
As for other roleplays, Heroes, the roleplay well about Super natural humans has finally kicked off and is developing into an action-packed Roleplay, good for anyone who wants to start in Roleplaying Forum and its not too late to Join. Just post in the Heroes OOC thread and wait for approval from Kc102 :D

Extinction, our only DnD game on TheHelper.net, didn't have a session this week because of "member" and "showing-up" issues :mad:. So the plot must wait, yet another week. So feel free to PM Pineapple or post in the Thread for Extinction in the Warehouse Forum to join.

Souls of Paranoia is still looking for members, so check it out and if interested go to the OOC thread, as usual, to join... :eek:

That's all for now, have fun Roleplaying TH :D

---
ENTERTAINMENT
---

Upcoming Movies
Miz Reports[/CENTER]

Some new movie releases coming up for Father's Day Weekend if you plan to go with family or friends. We have 2 highlights for this week's upcoming movies. The first is the 3rd movie to the new Ice Age Series; Ice Age: Dawn of the Dinosaurs. Its rated PG so its good if your taking younger kids with you. The second movie is the highly anticipated sequel of the Transformers Movie; Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen, its rated PG-13 so its not suggested for anyone under the age of 13.

That's all until next week, you can see the full list of upcoming movies at the Upcoming Movies Archive. :thup:

059526H1.jpg
Ice Age: Dawn of the Dinosaurs (PG)
Opens: 06/21/2009

The sub zero heroes are back. Scrat is still trying to nab the ever elusive nut, while maybe finding true love. Manny and Ellie await the birth of their mini-mammoth.

061240H1.jpg
Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen (PG-13)
Opens: 06/24/2009

Sam Witwicky again joins with the Autobots against their sworn enemies, the Decepticons.

Tune of the Week
Vestras Reports

Sunlounger ft. Zara - Lost (Club Mix + Aly & Fila + Andrelli & Blue Remix)
This tune manages to stay relaxing and make your heart beat faster every single time you listen to it. It is definitely an interesting tune, the lyrics are cool, but I feel that it after the first 2 - 3 minutes kinda loses its coolness, as it becomes very monotonous, dull and kinda silent. But I must say that the first minutes of this tune is worth listening to =)

[youtube]3BuUBRYHg-8[/youtube]​

John O'Callaghan - Big Sky (Markus Schulz AX Remix)
Oh my fucking god. Big is not enough, epic neither. The melody at 1.56 is simply amazing, and gives the tune a rather amazing feel to it, more than the original mix. (which, by the way, also is great!) In the middle of the tune, a 'more human' voice comes in over a little piece of relaxing piano play, which is quite enjoyable too. If I should do anything to this tune, which in my opinion would make it the tiny bit better it needs to become the TotW, I would raise the tempo a bit. But all in all, brilliant tune.

[youtube]AOVNObOP9gw[/youtube]​

Mark Eteson & Jon Prior - Dynamic Stability (Aly & Fila Remix)
Now this is what I'm talking about! This tune is just great from beginning to end, it makes your heart beat faster and makes you relax, and when your heart has just been up at the climax, it gets to this amazing break with a very cool and relaxing techy yet very trance-like melody. And suddenly it goes bum. Like, not exploding bum, but bum. And then we're talking business. This tune cannot be described with words! I love it! Mmm mm mmmm!

[youtube]oH4Qsd3kl4c[/youtube]​

This week's Tune of the Week is...
[youtube]oH4Qsd3kl4c[/youtube]​
Mark Eteson & Jon Prior - Dynamic Stability (Aly & Fila Remix)

That's it for now, guys! Thanks for reading!

"I'll Be Seeing You in WEHZ"
Romek-3.jpg

Miz

Administrator
Reaction score
Good Prose even though this week I wrote almost half of it. :p
(Which is why its so good)

If we need extras, I am writing a parody, or a part of one, about TH but mostly Pineapple ;)
So hopefully I don't procrastinate and not finish it and stuff.

Romek

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Sorry about the graphic contest.
Had an unexpectidely busy weekend.

The same youtube vid is there twice by the way, and
tags are broken a few times.

I guess the odd kid is me in the comic? :p
"Travel to the Tutorial System" ...?
Vypur left? :(

Ninva

Анна Ахматова
Reaction score
Hmm, can't I have a Vestras reports like that other guys? =(
But I feel nice that I'm in it!

My bad. Song of the week usually doesn't have a reporter. I guess I'll have to make one from now on. I'll add that promptly. :p

vypur85

Hibernate
Reaction score
You're that hot guy, Romek. Fulfilled your wish with spiky hair. But a little blunt. The people on the UFO consists of Ghan, Hulky, Andrew and Flare. In the last two boxes, Mr Perdedor and Mr Fuhkov are fighting. There's another character. Find it, if you're too free. :p Have been rushing for this episode. There're a lot of white spaces that are supposed to be coloured black, but I decided to just skip those.

Yeah, I've decided to resign. Hope you guys enjoyed my brief period being the comic artist for the prose. Probably someone better would replace my position in coming future.

<3

Knight7770

Hippopotomonstrosesquiped aliophobia
Reaction score
Yeah, I've decided to resign. Hope you guys enjoyed my brief period being the comic artist for the prose. Probably someone better would replace my position in coming future.
I doubt it <3
There's another character.
31325338.png

There.

jonadrian619

-___-
Reaction score
I'm sorry, I did so much for school and as busy as heck, that I only wrote the Anime of the week.

Next week, I have plenty of anime articles in mind, and a row of anime guides in the next three months.

I'm currently learning how to draw manga, but I'm still a beginner. I literally draw anime characters every night (I'll draw Maka from Soul Eater later), while observing anatomy, proportions, creases, and all other details. If I'm proficient enough (maybe 3-4 years from now, being good at drawing ain't that easy) then I can be a comic/manga artist, as it's my aspiration. So, not now.

I like vypur's comics a lot! Hope we see you soon!

General chit-chat
Help Users

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.