World Protests Greet Ahmadinejad Win in Iran: 'It's Not Possible!'

Seb!

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
Iran's Interior Minister announced Saturday that incumbent president Mahmoud Ahmadinejad had won 63.29% of the vote in the nation's closely watched presidential poll. The announcement, greeted with widespread skepticism by Iranian opposition supporters and by foreign analysts, has brought thousands of people onto the streets where they have encountered a strong police presence and the threat of violence.

Last edited by a moderator:

Vicboy

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
Heh, my country, the president cheated on the elections and nothing we can do with it but stay with her until 2010.

Effane

Save/Load Code Tutorial
Reaction score
This shouldnt be a huge surprise. Elections are generally easy to rig. Even moreso when you have the backing of the officials running the election and the military/law enforcement.

Seb!

Reaction score
Heh, my country, the president cheated on the elections and nothing we can do with it but stay with her until 2010.

I feel you man. Someone in our country rigged the election and we had to live with him for eight years.

Wiseman_2

Missy wants blood!
Reaction score
Hey, our leader didn't even bother to rig an election, he just came in unelected after our previous one quit. The new guy's even worse and even though his party actually has one of the smallest % of votes while still being in power in history, he won't stand down. Still, only a year left now...

xxxtrickyxxx

(o Y o)
Reaction score
sigh, is there such a thing as a "fair" election in the middle east?

i really loathe ahmadinejad, hes just like Kim Jong in that they both like to make false accusations and threats to other nations just for attention. one threatens to go to war with anyone who searches their ships, while the other publically declares he wants to whipe Israel off the face of the planet on national tv.

New_U.S.

ITS OVER 9000!
Reaction score
eh, I don't think it was fully rigged. The election was won by a large margin of victory, meaning it would be harder to rig. Also, the main competitor against Ahmadinejad only campaigned for 4 weeks for the election, while Ahmadinejad had been campaigning for years.

Were the elections 100% straight... I wouldn't say that. However I think the main reason he lost was he didn't campaign that long.

Ioannes

Oh man, I shot Marvin in the face.
Reaction score
When unhappy - keep protesting. That's what made the French Revolution happen :thup:

That, and a century of Enlightenment in Europe, of course. But still, it might as well work.

Seb!

Reaction score
eh, I don't think it was fully rigged. The election was won by a large margin of victory, meaning it would be harder to rig. Also, the main competitor against Ahmadinejad only campaigned for 4 weeks for the election, while Ahmadinejad had been campaigning for years.

Were the elections 100% straight... I wouldn't say that. However I think the main reason he lost was he didn't campaign that long.

Everyone knows it was rigged.. There are literally millions of protesters in the street. They're all young people, too. Very close to a revolution.

Effane

Save/Load Code Tutorial
Reaction score
Well we could hope that Iran stands on the edge of a cliff and just needs a slight push to make it fall. But then again just what we need is more chaos in the middle east. Personally I hate Iran for some of the things it has done against the US in Iraq but I dont like the idea of a civil war (Ironic they call it civil) in any country. Those kinds of wars are brutal and bloody, Iraq and Afghanistan are kindergarten field trips compared to what I imagine an Iranian Civil War would look like.

Varine

And as the moon rises, we shall prepare for war
Reaction score
sigh, is there such a thing as a "fair" election in the middle east?

i really loathe ahmadinejad, hes just like Kim Jong in that they both like to make false accusations and threats to other nations just for attention. one threatens to go to war with anyone who searches their ships, while the other publically declares he wants to whipe Israel off the face of the planet on national tv.

Yeah... the Israel thing probably isn't an empty threat. He declared once upon a time that if Iran acquired nuclear weapons he would use them against Israel. Along with every nation around it. And a part of their own nation.

And yes, it was probably rigged given that everyone counting the votes were part of Ahmadinejad's regime.

Well we could hope that Iran stands on the edge of a cliff and just needs a slight push to make it fall. But then again just what we need is more chaos in the middle east. Personally I hate Iran for some of the things it has done against the US in Iraq but I dont like the idea of a civil war (Ironic they call it civil) in any country. Those kinds of wars are brutal and bloody, Iraq and Afghanistan are kindergarten field trips compared to what I imagine an Iranian Civil War would look like.

It would be good in a way. They would tear themselves apart and for a while one party and assuming our side wins with slight help it would be more beneficial to our relations. Same thing with a lot of countries in South America, like Venezuela. It would have been bad in Greece though.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.