Strategy Protoss - Mobile Deathball

Bloodcount

Starcraft II Moderator
Reaction score
Style Type: Powerful and mobile ball of units
Skill level: Hard
Style pro’s: The ball is very mobile and powerful. You can take out entire bases of your opponent without him being able to stop you.
Style countered by: Air builds (soft/hard counter, depending on both player’s unit composition), Harass builds (for example blue hellion drop, hard counter)
Most powerful in: Late Game
Mach up: Any (though at a slight disadvantage vs protoss)

Basic thought process and tips:
• We are going to use the collosi ability to walk on cliffs to provide vision on our stalkers.

• These two units are the core of our ball.

• We are going to have one warp prism full of sentries, who are going to forcefield the ramps while we take out the infrastructure and workers of our opponents

• The warp prism will provide reinforcements from the gateways, use it, but try not to loose it

• It is always nice to warp in dark templar when possible

• Even though it is a mobile build, do note that blink has a cooldown

• Try not to get into a place where you can’t get out of if the enemy army blocks the entrance

• The more bases your opponent has, the more options you have. That being said, you don’t need to rush to blink or collosi, just make sure you have them at a reasonable time

• If you need to transition out of this, just add the extra tech to the gateways (twilight council and the templar buildings)

• Defending drops is never easy, however stalkers and collosi are expensive and you need good income. Be very defensive if you have to but make sure you have good economy

• The success of this build depends on your skill level, APM, multitasking, and decision-making. That is one of the reasons it isn’t mainstream

• Do not forget 1 observer for detection. Banshees and dark templar can screw your day. Fungal growth and burrowed roaches are also potential problems

• If your opponent goes mass anti armor, just start producing chargelots and archons

•If you get blink early, you can use it to deny your opponent's third base

Final Word: This is very APM intensive and you don’t have a lot of sentries, but your forces are extremely mobile and you can punish your opponent for moving out to attack at the wrong time. You are vulnerable to drops until the moment when you have 6-8 warpgates worth of chargelots.

Screenshots:
Blink your army, force field, warp in DT's back up when his army arrives.
This build isn't as effective against protoss, because collosi negate the force fields and there is usually an observer in a protoss ball... Still I tried it nonetheless and it worked out pretty well. I wasn't ahead that much, however I did kill some vital infrastructure. A few minutes later I returned with some blink stalkers and sniped most of his pylons while attacking his third. After that I just massed an army and attack-moved...
ec16ca0ce340725f.jpg

0b85e02482be72c8.jpg

ab2787f6aa45e2c2.jpg

1e07b223ba506e84.jpg

506a7a3b7184d1dc.jpg

60c22c9b5ed7be87.jpg

ce4d110989b9c034.jpg

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.