Protoss vs Zerg openings

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi huys, wanted to talk a little bit about PvZ tactics and builds right now.

I am a random player, but for some reason unknown to me, my chance of playing PvZ are pretty high.

Just today i played again against a high ranking diamond zerg player (among the first 8) while chatting with my brother. It was late at night and i didnt play very seriously. Just so you can make a picture for yourself, i forgot to build my FIRST pylon and got supply blocked at 10/10! (yeah, it was bad)

Then a forge fast expand and i really didnt know what to do now.
I knew he was going 3 hatch, scouted that. So here is what i came up with.
I delayed my cyber core a little bit and got 3 gates, and started pumping out zealots like crazy. (with attack upgrade!)

Moved out with 10 zealots fairly early and pushed against his third. I didnt get it down but that wasnt the plan anyways.
What it did was to force him to get units, and he got a ton of them. He teched and quickly build them up to defend my attack, i was deliberately making sure he would scout my forces early.

Now i knew he went roaches and lings and that was the moment when i decided i go mass void rays. (Yay bronze league strategies!)
And i also got a warp prism, and again, i let him scout it with an overlord deliberately. I wanted him to think i am going robo gateway. At that point, i only had 2 gateways 1 robo and 2 stargates.

5 minutes later, he did bother to scout my main AT ALL i had 8 void rays and a bunch of 1/0/1 zealots and pushed out.
He had what i expected, many resources, many roaches, many lings, and no anti air at all.

Do you guys try to trick your enemy sometimes into believing you would go a certain build while doing some proxy stuff or cheese?
I really like that.
I also like to go 3 hatch as zerg and then not produce ANY drones but build a huge army of roach/ling very early.
My enemy sees me expanding like crazy and expands himself. And then i own. (or he rushes me, meeh, whatever)

Nigerianrulz

suga suga how'd you get so fly?
Reaction score
how could he have not gone spire if he saw robo anyway... and did he not scout with an overseer?

its hard for a zerg player to trick opponents cause zerg is mainly a reactionary race, you have to get the right stuff to counter your opponent which consist of either roach or banelings :D how fun is that.

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
He didnt scout my main at all. I was surprised myself.
But on the other hand, he saw forge fast expand, and he saw a warp prism. He can rule certain builds out and i assume he did. And that was his problem in the end.

You have to keep in mind, that voidray build was really fast. I did only get like 2 sentries and 2 stalkers and other then that only zealots. I was at 4 assimilators fairly early, got weapon lvl1 and air-weapon lvl 1 pretty fast. Delayed warp-tech even.
It might have seem like a newby build to him, he was diamond, i wasnt even ranked at that time (no games in season 8) so maybe he underestimated me.

As a zerg you can still build only a few mutalisks and hope your opponen overreacts with turrets and techs to blink stalkers quickly. At least you will keep him in his base which you can abuse to mass expand for example.
The problem when trying to trick your opponent is that, your chance of winning depends on his mindset and how much he is used to fake openings.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.