Weird P'town schools to distribute condoms

Drakethos

Preordered Sc2 ftw!
Reaction score
PROVINCETOWN — Beginning in September, the Provincetown School Committee will allow any student — regardless of age — to ask for and receive a condom.

The policy, initiated by the public school district's health advisory committee, was approved unanimously by four members of the school committee on June 10, school committee chairman Peter Grosso said yesterday. The fifth member of the school board, Kerry Adams, was absent from the June 10 meeting.
Related Stories

* Gov. Patrick objects to P'town condom plan

"The thing is, sexual activity starts younger and younger," Grosso said. "We don't know what age that is. So we just said, 'We'll make it available to all of them.' We didn't want to pick an age, and I really don't believe we're going to get first-graders asking for a condom, as a practical matter."

In Massachusetts, individual school districts make their own policies about the distribution of condoms, Heidi Guarino of the state Department of Elementary and Secondary Education said yesterday.

The new condom policy is admittedly different than most, Provincetown school Supt. Beth Singer said yesterday.

"Typically they are building-specific," said Singer, noting condom policies have been adopted for Bay State high schools. "We're not such a building-specific district."

The school district in the current year had 86 students from kindergarten to sixth grade in the elementary school, and 66 students from grades seven through 12 in the high school.

Provincetown is among the smallest K-12 public school districts in the state and is in the midst of a reorganization. Singer was hired last summer, and earlier this year the school committee voted to close the high school in 2013 because of declining enrollment.

Part of the reorganization plan calls for using the school district's two buildings — one traditionally the elementary school and one the high school — as a blended campus for the remaining kindergarten through eighth-grade students.

Under the new condom policy, a student can go to the school nurse and ask for a condom, and not be turned away, even if the request is a joke, Singer said yesterday. The nurse would offer counseling and the option to talk to other trained counselors.
--
That's just nuts :nuts:

Last edited by a moderator:

Roden

Reaction score
You'd be surprised. Some people are too shy or would feel embarassed going someone to buy condoms. Usually people from anywhere below the age of 17. This is nuts, I agree, but that's probably the reason they are doing it. If they are too shy or embarassed to go buy condoms, then they just don't use one.

Drakethos

Preordered Sc2 ftw!
Reaction score
What kinda message does this send to student though. You shouldn't have sex but we'll give you condoms anyway because its not as bad as long as she doesn't get pregnant :p. I mean they might as well start vending drugs, kids are doing drugs anyway, they might as well cutout the middleman. Sure lets tell them how to get drugs. :p I personally think its not of the school's God damn business to give students condoms. Sure they can talk to students about that stuff, but giving them condoms doesn't solve anything.

esb

Because none of us are as cruel as all of us.
Reaction score
If you're shy or embarrassed to ask for a condom, free or not, then you shouldn't be having sex.

seph ir oth

Mod'n Dat News Jon
Reaction score
If you're shy or embarrassed to ask for a condom, free or not, then you shouldn't be having sex.

Truth, but you know that means that there will be the kid who's afraid to bring it up with the teacher, but still has the natural urge to screw someone. Thus, unprotected sex still endures.

HeX.16

Isn't Trollin You Right Now
Reaction score
A better way to stop sex is.
#1 - Hand out pics of old ladies (for most people i hope)
#2 - Penis exams to check for erection (lol)
#3 - Handjob machines in the bathsrooms (that is just for me)

NightShade

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
Since he's in Canada I doubt it. I guess the school likes making money from the students sexual activities.

I don't see any problem with free condoms.

SerraAvenger

Cuz I can
Reaction score
A better way to stop sex is.
#1 - Hand out pics of old ladies (for most people i hope)
#2 - Penis exams to check for erection (lol)
#3 - Handjob machines in the bathsrooms (that is just for me)

Best way to stop pregnancy is building trust into heavy petting. If you do it right, no sex is needed.

esb

Because none of us are as cruel as all of us.
Reaction score
You can't stop sex. It's just impossible. Only thing that does is women and their 'not in the mood' thing. Which... theoretically if something could make women never be in the mood then no one would have sex... then it is possible!!!

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.