Minigame Pudge Wars Advanced

BlackRose

Forum User
Reaction score
PUDGE WARS
by Siraraz

http://www.epicwar.com/maps/206645/

Pudge Wars is a small map where two teams of up to five players aim to achieve victory by meeting a certain objective. The map is staged in a small square arena divided by a river running vertically in the middle; effectively creating two sides: West and East.

MapLayout.jpg

Pudge Wars is based on the Butcher character from DotA, and his ability: Meat Hook. The map has heavily expanded on the simple Meat Hook ability and is the core of the map. The ability Meat Hook is a simple concept: Pudge throws his bloody Meat Hook towards the targeted location. Any units hit by the hook will be damaged and reeled back to Pudge. Once reeled back, you can kill the target by attacking him or hooking him again. However, one expect the enemy to have the same goal in mind; creating a chaotic festival of bloody butchery.

Zack1996

Working on a Map
Reaction score
Woah. Did Tossrock cease working on it? The forums became inaccessible a few months back.

BlackRose

Forum User
Reaction score
Woah. Did Tossrock cease working on it? The forums became inaccessible a few months back.

Yep. I'm working on it now. Lol. Does the thread name attract you or make you think 'wtf troll'.

Coding's a pain, I'm recoding some things, or just making them more neater to read. Also trying to fix the new updates in the map.

BlackRose

Forum User
Reaction score
Jellyfish.

I need ideas. Good ideas. Sane ideas. Ideas that will work. Actually scratch good ideas, just sane ideas that will work.

There is a new item to be - I've been left little? information to the item's future, so I need sane ideas:

Phantom's Lance

What will it do?
So far, it only has an active that splits your Pudge into 3 mini pudges that constantly rotate, you can fire hooks from these Pudge's. Resulting in a greater chance of Headshotting enemies (Is that what was intended, don't ask me.).

Potential passives?
Will it like make some sort of Slow on the target after it hits? I... don't... know.​

Zack1996

Working on a Map
Reaction score
Hmm, that item's active looks strangely familiar. I think I saw it before in one of Tossrock's test maps.

Anyway, the passive could be something that creates a fixed amount of illusions whenever your hook retracts. This is for ganking purposes xD

Kunkka's Tidebringer
Passive: Pudge's hook splashes its damage in a small-large area.
Active: A torrent of water erupts at the location of Pudge's hook. May not be used if an enemy is already attached to the hook.

XeNiM666

I lurk for pizza
Reaction score
I have an idea. I just don't know if it's good. Change them however you like if its too OP.
Leoric's Crown
- After dying, resurrects the hero after 10/9/8/7/6 seconds with 20/40/60/80/100% life.
- Pudge will have its items reduced to level 1 and increase its level by 1 every 4/3.5/3/2.5/2 seconds until it reaches the items current level.
- After reviving with Leoric's Crown, Pudge will not be immune to hooks.
- Has a cooldown of 100/95/90/85/80 seconds.
- 3 uses of Leoric's Crown will count as 1 death.
- At Level 5, Leoric will have 50% more attack damage and 20% increased max life for 4 seconds after reviving with Leoric's Crown.

BlackRose

Forum User
Reaction score
Hmm... sorry guys. Didn't mean to get you excited :)

I mean't for Phantom Lance specifically. I don't really want to add mega new stuff. Just get all the coding to "my coding style" and fix the current new content.

Anyway, the passive could be something that creates a fixed amount of illusions whenever your hook retracts. This is for ganking purposes xD

Hmm.... maybe this item doesn't need a passive. A illusion per hook can get annoying. Maybe it should have an active only.

Question is now: What shall the max level effect of Phantom's Lance be?

---

Kunkka's Tidebringer
Passive: Pudge's hook splashes its damage in a small-large area.
Active: A torrent of water erupts at the location of Pudge's hook. May not be used if an enemy is already attached to the hook.

Passive: I actually like that concept of Area Damage.
Active: Will that require some timing? Perhaps you can just throw Grapple and use it like that? I think the area could be proportional to your hook radius level.

Weaver's Warp
Using the time and space, Pudge travels the time back 5 seconds, resotring position, HP and Mana.

That's a straight off DotA, it doesn't have any difference. Won't this possibly be OP? You get Hooked, then poof. You travel back.

Leoric's Crown
- After dying, resurrects the hero after 10/9/8/7/6 seconds with 20/40/60/80/100% life.
- Pudge will have its items reduced to level 1 and increase its level by 1 every 4/3.5/3/2.5/2 seconds until it reaches the items current level.
- After reviving with Leoric's Crown, Pudge will not be immune to hooks.
- Has a cooldown of 100/95/90/85/80 seconds.
- 3 uses of Leoric's Crown will count as 1 death.
- At Level 5, Leoric will have 50% more attack damage and 20% increased max life for 4 seconds after reviving with Leoric's Crown.

Hm. Death isn't a major factor of the game is it? (I'm just developing lol, I'm not the pro synergy strategy guy). Death reviving doesn't take very long. And on 20% life, you usually get denied anyways.

XeNiM666

I lurk for pizza
Reaction score
well it was just an idea. :)

What shall the max level effect of Phantom's Lance be?
well now all i can think of is a slow when it hooks a unit. maybe some random visual effects for the hooked target that only the hooked target can see that can confuse him. ( like 2 pudges attacking each other, imaginary hooks and what not ) lol :)

BlackRose

Forum User
Reaction score
Well Phantom Lance gives a greater chance of Headshot!'s.

So a slow wouldn't work would it if they are already dead? Hm. This is tough work.

Also, how do you make two pudges attacking each other only to one player? Effect's can't play animations o_O Locally creating units? I aware there is fly height stuff but ya know :cool:

SerraAvenger

Cuz I can
Reaction score
wtf. troll. mapstealer.

btw, I never grasped the concept of pudgewars... Played the map three times, 100% death rate and didn't get what was actually happening. Not my mapstyle, it seems ; )

BlackRose

Forum User
Reaction score
You just shoot this long hook and hope things get hit, you drag 'em over, and hope things dies.

Did you want proof I didn't steal ;)?

SerraAvenger

Cuz I can
Reaction score
You just shoot this long hook and hope things get hit, you drag 'em over, and hope things dies.
Well... I got the first part back then^^
And my, did I shoot that long hook... And my, did I hope things get hit...
And my, got I dragged over... And my, did I die...

Did you want proof I didn't steal ;)?
Yes of course! But only mathematical is accepted!

PS: You kinda should allow others to spam your profile. Right now you're kinda having monologues.

BlackRose

Forum User
Reaction score
Well... I got the first part back then^^
And my, did I shoot that long hook... And my, did I hope things get hit...
And my, got I dragged over... And my, did I die...

And so this repeats. Just keep killing/dying.

Yes of course! But only mathematical is accepted!

01101000011101000111010001110000001110100010111100101111011010010011010000110101001011100111010001101001011011100111100101110000011010010110001100101110011000110110111101101101001011110011001000111001001101100011000001101001011101000110101100101110011010100111000001100111

DuelPlayer

Reaction score
Btw BlackRose, i have played the pudge advanced long ago and found a bug long ago.
I can make game crash or stand on the cliff

BlackRose

Forum User
Reaction score
Is it by Blinking onto the outer boundary then using Richochet Turbine level 5 to spam lightning? If so. Fixed already.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.