Minigame Pudge Wars Advanced

black.sheep

Reaction score
Damn, good to see this is still being worked on. Its a wonderful map.
The phantom thingy is pretty cool, but if you fire a hook and your images die, then the hook moves to the center of the map.
You probally know that allready thou.

HeX.16

Isn't Trollin You Right Now
Reaction score
I played Pudge Wars a while ago. I got bored of it really quick.

BUG: When using that 'Split'(Demo Map) if you hook someone and then go back to normal the target will just run randomly to a point in the map xD
Includes caster and his own hooks =/

EDIT/BUG2: Again with Split. If the caster dies it just spins the 3 dead bodies around.

tooltiperror

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I demand a reference to myself somewhere in a tooltip.

Also, can you make it so we can change the hook model to akamas?

BlackRose

Forum User
Reaction score
Uhm. It's not exactly perfect. Infact - that is NOT even my coding in that demo. It's Tossrocks. I haven't even touched it as I don't know what to do with it ... yet. I've been working on,...... something else.

Also, can you make it so we can change the hook model to akamas?

Do it yourself? Modify your wc3 MPQ :) Also - demand refused :)

-------------------------------------------------

Holidays are soon for me. So hopefully, I can get something - something - out by the end of that period.

Zack1996

Working on a Map
Reaction score
Holidays are soon for me. So hopefully, I can get something - something - out by the end of that period.
Told myself the same thing. Now 3/4 of my holidays are over (1 week left) and I haven't touched the map xD

Active: Will that require some timing? Perhaps you can just throw Grapple and use it like that? I think the area could be proportional to your hook radius level.

Never thought of Grapple, but yep, you could definitely use it like that.
To make it more fun, you could give the torrent a small delay, so you can plant a torrent and hit them while their being pulled back.

Code:
 o                           o
/|\ <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<< -( )-
/ \         ^               / \
            Torrent Here

It would be incredibly hard to aim if used this way, so it should be a rather powerful ability.

And yep, I was thinking of the radius thing too :)

I remember the test map to be a year old. Did Tossrock give you anything other than the map?

SerraAvenger

Cuz I can
Reaction score
Why is one of them really fat?

Don't ask me - I only did the formatting. Ask zack about it.
Btw, those wc3 peeps seem to get younger and younger. Back then I was 15. Now they're all like 14 and stuff. They really should concentrate on other stuff more. Eg, going to university for a semester or something like that.

TDN

Reaction score
The biggest drawback of this map is a lack of AI. It's the primary reason why I stopped playing it, because 1 vs 1 isn't fun for much long.

Not looking for uber-smart AI, just some guys that will throw their hooks around and cause some mayhem.

Ninva

Анна Ахматова
Reaction score
When will this come out? The last Pudge Wars I tried didn't work on my computer. I'll subscribe to the thread and wait for the new version to come out rather than dink with the older version. :p

BlackRose

Forum User
Reaction score
The biggest drawback of this map is a lack of AI. It's the primary reason why I stopped playing it, because 1 vs 1 isn't fun for much long.

Not looking for uber-smart AI, just some guys that will throw their hooks around and cause some mayhem.

1v1 was never fun. One player will become stronger while the other becomes weaker, the other can't do much when they have nothing. You need a decent number of players in-game to enjoy this - the way it's meant to be, a fast paced mini-game.

I could try thinking of something for offline play. I know nothing much of AIs, but I know someone who does. They may be able to do something about it. But it's definitely not a priority in this upcoming version.

When will this come out? The last Pudge Wars I tried didn't work on my computer. I'll subscribe to the thread and wait for the new version to come out rather than dink with the older version. :p

I'm hoping to have everything out within 2 weeks. The latest Pudge Wars Advanced was 1.24, there are some fake 1.25's with cheats however. But both should suffice for playing anyways - as I'm pretty sure no one knows of the cheats (I can't seem to understand the deobfusciatiated code).

But all is steady, I've finished up one big part of the new version.

BlackRose

Forum User
Reaction score
K. HAI. I'm back again. This project is not dead. I've done alot so far. Most of it rewriting messy code and fixing up things that look bad (eg, instant fog fade out instead of over time).

Time's almost come for some sort of 'playable' edition. But expect bugs :)

Hm. I've finally recieved the information I needed on Phantom's Lance (new item to be). So yay :) I can work on that further now.

BlackRose

Forum User
Reaction score
OK. I might upload a beta :) Has ASI (Artificially Stupid Intelligence), a new item, some bugs, and random crashes. :p

BlackRose

Forum User
Reaction score
It mean's most of the coding is done. Just time for bug hunting and the like. Haha. Things that are known to fail are Thunder and Flame, also some things to do with the new item. :X - It's a pain figuring out why things don't work...

AoW_Hun7312

I'm a magic man, I've got magic hands.
Reaction score
Pudge Wars was once one of my favorite maps. Sadly, it's fell out of the game list. The only time I get to play it now is when I use a host bot. Good luck on your project, I hope to play it some time. :)

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.