Minigame Pudge Wars Advanced

tooltiperror

Super Moderator
Reaction score
You should really change your version numbering system.

... it's ugly.

... like you.

BlackRose

Forum User
Reaction score
Thanks. Update: v2.00 B06d - Should be fine this version.

P.S.: Is anyone even watching this thing? :(

AoW_Hun7312

I'm a magic man, I've got magic hands.
Reaction score
I'm still watching this project. I've just been waiting for you to release a stable version I can play over battle.net

BlackRose

Forum User
Reaction score
I think this one is finally at last, stable. Except for me forgetting to remove the food cost off the dummy segments, but don't worry about that.

Edit.

I see what you mean. I just had to update it again.

BlackRose

Forum User
Reaction score
Update: v2.00

Hopefully this is completely void of any major bugs, and all it's synonyms. So have fun :p!

P.S. I've also began work on a different map, although that won't get far with Kenny's absence.

BlackRose

Forum User
Reaction score
Updated thread

It is more detailed, and has all the information I know on the map background, and proof I didn't steal this map... also how else would I have worked on it if I stole it :p Like hell was I going to build the map from scratch, or work with obfuscated code, or using the Single Timer map.

I am also working on the map terrain.

Pudge Wars Advanced - Terrain WIP #1 - Beach/Ruins/Thing Themed (24/09/2010):

I didn't know how to terrain the map, so I thought why not just make it look like a beach, beach = fun :grin:

Here it is SO far with in-game camera view. It kind of looks crap O_O, and I yes I already know of the ugly water on the cliff. I also know I am using Blizzard cliffs. But anyways, gameplay is more important? :thumbs_up:

Adding to the terrain are random scenery events (like I mentioned), I've only added one simple but working concept, Seagulls.

Seagulls will randomly spawn from any map edge and travel to the other, you will hear water waves and seagull cries as they pass. They won't affect gameplay at all. You can test it in the map attached (uses vJass).

Another idea I had was to have the sun move by, and you could see the sun in the water as it moved, but the water is too shallow to show properly? And I couldn't get any good reflection effects out of it :( So that's a failed experiment.

Yet another idea was to have a random beachball be thrown around the arena, just for another fun factor idea. Haven't gotten around to that yet.

Any ideas for the scenery events and terrain are welcome.

TerrainWIP1.jpg

Edit.

I think I might even remove the cliffs and start the terrain from scratch. Anyways, beach theme good/bad?

Attachments

• Pudge Wars Beach.w3x
    76.4 KB · Views: 281

AoW_Hun7312

Reaction score
For some reason, the segments on the hooks are acting weird. If I have a long hook, more often than not, the head of the hook will have more segments than the rest. If you use the grappling hook then get hooked, the segments of the grappling hook begin to disappear.

BlackRose

Forum User
Reaction score
Segment spacing is relative to Range, the shorter, the more segments created, and vice versa. I did this so less units were being created to lessen the lag people reported. It seems to be fine now, it lags a teeny bit with 12 Hooks active, but nothing as much as before.

Because of the spacing, the Meat Hook segments will sort of group together upon bouncing off something (it is like that isn't it?), and the later segments will be left behind.

As for the Grapple Hook, can you explain that more? If you are Hooked while Grappling, the hook dragging will take place before you travel along your grapple hook.

AoW_Hun7312

Reaction score
Segment spacing is relative to Range, the shorter, the more segments created, and vice versa. I did this so less units were being created to lessen the lag people reported. It seems to be fine now, it lags a teeny bit with 12 Hooks active, but nothing as much as before.

Because of the spacing, the Meat Hook segments will sort of group together upon bouncing off something (it is like that isn't it?), and the later segments will be left behind.

As for the Grapple Hook, can you explain that more? If you are Hooked while Grappling, the hook dragging will take place before you travel along your grapple hook.

Yeah. The grapple hook does exactly that. The difference from this and previous versions is that the grapple hook's segments seem to disappear after it starts to retract/expand.

BlackRose

Forum User
Reaction score
The difference from this and previous versions is that the grapple hook's segments seem to disappear after it starts to retract/expand.

o_O, really? So they actually disappear? Can't even see? I always thought it worked fine?

Terrain looks freaking awesome.

Ahaha. I'm dumping that. I decided to remove the cliffs, here is the concept so far. I'm stuck as to what to put now.

Ignore the portals, I just placed them randomly.

AoW_Hun7312

Reaction score
I hope you realize what you've gotten into. Everyone will want a different version of the terrain for each release. :)

Zack1996

Working on a Map
Reaction score
That's interesting, the land mass seems to be smaller than the sea mass (near the top).

I think you could have more of those tropical trees. Those have to be the best tree models Blizzard made in Warcraft III.

Maybe you could place more rocks and corals :D

Terrain remake -> Great way to mark the beginning of PWA 2.00+

BlackRose

Forum User
Reaction score
I hope you realize what you've gotten into. Everyone will want a different version of the terrain for each release. :)

Bad sign :thdown: <3

That's interesting, the land mass seems to be smaller than the sea mass (near the top).

Well, I wanted more ocean than land, because I just love the water?

I think you could have more of those tropical trees. Those have to be the best tree models Blizzard made in Warcraft III.

Well, those trees were actually made by Nasrudin I believe. Can be found in the Ultimate Terraining Map. They just looked cool and they are animated as well :thup:

Maybe you could place more rocks and corals :D

Terrain remake -> Great way to mark the beginning of PWA 2.00+

:thup:

BlackRose

Forum User
Reaction score
Question: How should Phantom's Lance Split function?

Currently makes three miniture versions of Pudge that rotate around, they all can hook, each hook deals 100% damage. But the mini-versions die in about one hit (100 HP).

It's quite GG when you deal 3x damage. So I was perhaps thinking of increasing their HP and making only one hook work, or each hook deals 33.33% damage instead of 100% because hitting a target is easy when you have three hooks.

Thoughts?

Laiev

Hey Listen!!
Reaction score
each hook deals 33.33% damage instead of 100% because hitting a target is easy when you have three hooks.

this :)

and maybe limit the amount of hooks per mini pudge

PS: -.- the helper are kidding with me? deleted my post lol?

Zack1996

Working on a Map
Reaction score
I think something like 50% is better, since it would cripple your damage way too much if you only manage to hit one enemy.

Plus, its would be ridiculously scary to have 3 enemies homing at you :p

BlackRose

Forum User
Reaction score
Kenny's Meat Hook will ignore a target already hooked if Headshot is disabled, so perhaps I should just make it search another target?

and maybe limit the amount of hooks per mini pudge

What you mean? Currently the Meat Hook cooldown is 3.5, there is 3 of them, so you can fire 9 maximum (considering enemies are in short-range) within 3.5 seconds, I guess you're right. But I thought low HP and something like Tossing or a Land Mine would be effective to counter them.

I think something like 50% is better, since it would cripple your damage way too much if you only manage to hit one enemy.

Also the chance of only one hook hitting is rather low. It's a Level 5 ability with a 90 second cooldown, so it's got to have some effect. But it's already powerful because of it's 25% Doppelwalk :D Hmm...... but 150% damage seems alright to me, a bit of bonus damage :D

Mr_LiSa

Reaction score
I very long play in pudge
2.00 version little inbalanced the windwalk in so small map not very good
Version 1.24 - almost perfect just need to dell drop lighting bug(bug with suicide rune sometimes and remove the item walls at will) and its all no need to trying the invent new items and runes just fix its all that I beg and I think many will agree with me.
Can too add switch mode .. but on my mind switch mode invent for leavers its not good people must stay and not leave with the thought that anything bad in there anyway to replace me
Thx for what I have heard (P.S. Join to Russia Pudge Wars Room at Garena

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.