Minigame Pudge Wars Advanced

Tossrock

Reaction score
Gosh, it does my heart good to see that people still care about that little old map I made.

Much love!

Mr_LiSa

Reaction score
lol my bot host pudge wars 1.24
almost 24 hours online :cool:

Bot name: HostLis
Channel of bot: Pudge Wars
Servers:Alkar,PG,SibNet,GamerGrad.ru,EuroBattle.net,Fawkz,Nothrend,Azerot,Kalimdor,Lordaeon,Garena Russia Pudge Wars Room
Map: Pudge Wars 1.24
(GhostOne 1.7.266)

BlackRose

Forum User
Reaction score
Me dunno. You don't have any evidence/screenshot for the gold bug? Or I'm blind and missed it.

In regards to the "speedbug", are you sure you attached a replay in that mail? All it has is the text "here" inside it. See the screenshot.

Just to let you know, I am still working on the map, but there isn't going to be anything big in the next release.

Dirac

Reaction score
Hey man, congrats for you minigame being hosted by clan BG on battle.net servers. The other day a friend of mine told me "Hey i found this new cool game on bnet" and i was all like "i know the guy who did that lol".

Also i'm back

BlackRose

Forum User
Reaction score
Hey man, congrats for you minigame being hosted by clan BG on battle.net servers. The other day a friend of mine told me "Hey i found this new cool game on bnet" and i was all like "i know the guy who did that lol".

Cool :thup: Nice to hear people still play this map. Although this map is hardly "new" though.

Also i'm back

Welcome back :p.

Mr_LiSa

Reaction score
sor maybe my fail send another replay ... i will try find speeed bug at autoreplays ...:cool:

Mr_LiSa

Reaction score
lol at this replay speed bug too at and ... (watch on red .. probably 5 tinmes min have gold bug)
P.S. dont know what bush from lantertn can stuning the 3 minipudges(lance ultimate) =)

BlackRose

Forum User
Reaction score
Speed bug:

What do you mean by speed bug? Time of replay in which this happens as well?

Gold bug:

From the replay you sent to me, are you referring to the moment in which red player (lucky_guess) gains +470 gold at approximately 5 minutes? I'm going to assume it is, correct me if that isn't the moment you were referring to as the "gold bug".

As I've said before, the equation for calculating bounty for gold is:
Bounty (Gold) = 10 + 5 * ((level of enemy - 1) + (spree of enemy unit * 10))

Your hero level: 3
Your kill spree: 9 (Godlike equivalent)

Substituting in the values:
10 + 5 * ((3 - 1) + (9 * 10))
= 10 + 5 * ((2) + (90))
= 10 + 5 * (92)
= 10 + 460
= 470

He gains 470 gold from ending your godlike spree, while you were level 3.

P.S. dont know what bush from lantertn can stuning the 3 minipudges(lance ultimate) =)

I don't know what you meant by that.

Mr_LiSa

Reaction score
21 min and etc.
i played at 1.24 many times and never seen that for the killing were given more 45 kills in 100nt
475 gold for kill, lol think its cool if at map can collect 5 upgrading item need probably 400

Mr_Bean355

Reaction score
Hello,

My and my friends love playing Pudge Wars both at LANs and online. However, on a few occasions we find this rare bug which causes the game to crash :/. Occasionally, one player magically gets trapped in the bottom-left hand corner of the map, out of the playable area! Unfortunately I have never actually seen how they get there. The game then freezes for a few and then crashes, bringing up some critical error message.

I haven't got a screenshot of this, but I do automatically save replays. However, I watched the replay and it obviously didn't save properly because it only lasts 31 seconds (where we played almost a full game before it crashed). Let me know if you want the replay.

Do you already know of this? Once again, great work on Pudge Wars! :thup:

Thanks,

Mr_Bean

Mr_LiSa

Reaction score
Hello,

My and my friends love playing Pudge Wars both at LANs and online. However, on a few occasions we find this rare bug which causes the game to crash :/. Occasionally, one player magically gets trapped in the bottom-left hand corner of the map, out of the playable area! Unfortunately I have never actually seen how they get there. The game then freezes for a few and then crashes, bringing up some critical error message.

I haven't got a screenshot of this, but I do automatically save replays. However, I watched the replay and it obviously didn't save properly because it only lasts 31 seconds (where we played almost a full game before it crashed). Let me know if you want the replay.

Thanks,

Mr_Bean

Saw this bug at 2.00beta at in the higher versions do not notice (though I only played just 30 in PW 2 ....)
BlackRose do not know how to be more precise but in the F version as it is often smeared with hooks, I would even say that pass through

BlackRose

Forum User
Reaction score
Hello,

Thanks,

Mr_Bean

I have noticed it happening a few times, but not in the most recent release. It's related to some sort of bug that happens with Meat Hook, was common and easy to recreate in earlier versions.

I theorize that one of the Meat Hook chains (as the entire Meat Hook is comprised of multiple knife-like units) suddenly disappears (due to an unknown reason). In addition, the map's origin on a Cartesian graph is translated to the north-west. (0.00, 0.00) is located somewhere to the South-West. As the chain is invalid, the next chain does not know where to go, and thus goes to the origin. As stated, the origin is somewhere South-West. This results in a player's Pudge becoming trapped.

I would appreciate if you gave me the replay so I could see myself. Although I don't think I'll gather anything useful in resolving the bug, as it didn't save properly. Never know though. A few questions though:
1.) What was the duration of the game before this bug occurred?
2.) Perhaps Phantom's Lance may have done something wrong, any use of the level 5 ability: Split?

(though I only played just 30 in PW 2 ....)

:confused:

BlackRose do not know how to be more precise but in the F version as it is often smeared with hooks, I would even say that pass through

Sorry, I can't really understand exactly what you are trying to tell me, however, I think I get the gist of it. In the latest release (version 2.01f), Meat Hooks tend to pass through other Pudges?

BlackRose

Forum User
Reaction score
Updated! Hopefully I haven't left any debugging/testing remnants inside this release :p

Mmmmmmmm....... not even 10 games and heaps of bugs occur! Oh the joy!

Mr_Bean355

Reaction score
I would appreciate if you gave me the replay so I could see myself. Although I don't think I'll gather anything useful in resolving the bug, as it didn't save properly. Never know though. A few questions though:
1.) What was the duration of the game before this bug occurred?
2.) Perhaps Phantom's Lance may have done something wrong, any use of the level 5 ability: Split?

Sorry, I think I deleted the replay. But you wouldn't have been able to see anything anyway (I don't think). I cannot be sure how long it was before it crashed, perhaps about 15-20mins. Unfortunately I'm not sure about the Phantom Lance question. If this happens again I will be sure to send you the replay!

By the way, I just downloaded the new map and I can't wait to test it with bots - great job!

EDIT: I have just been playing the map and it is awesome! I just found a bug which you probably already know about. About 15 mins into the game it starts bringing up debugging messages (something about AIDS). It is a bit irritating because new messages are popping up the whole time. I have some screenshots:

WC3ScrnShot_071211_220634_01.jpg

WC3ScrnShot_071211_220637_02.jpg

WC3ScrnShot_071211_220712_03.jpg

WC3ScrnShot_071211_220715_04.jpg

Also, at some stages there is a bit of lag. Don't know whether its because of all the hooks, but it seems to become more frequent as the game progresses.

Hope you are able to fix this soon! Thanks,

Mr_Bean

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

• Ghan
        Administrator - Servers are fun

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.