Minigame Pudge Wars Advanced

BlackRose

Forum User
Reaction score
Sorry, I think I deleted the replay. But you wouldn't have been able to see anything anyway (I don't think). I cannot be sure how long it was before it crashed, perhaps about 15-20mins. Unfortunately I'm not sure about the Phantom Lance question. If this happens again I will be sure to send you the replay!

EDIT: I have just been playing the map and it is awesome! I just found a bug which you probably already know about. About 15 mins into the game it starts bringing up debugging messages (something about AIDS). It is a bit irritating because new messages are popping up the whole time. I have some screenshots:

This is what my last post was referring to :p I was quite disappointed to see something like that happen, although I'm taking every measure I can to try discover the cause and fix it.

Also, at some stages there is a bit of lag. Don't know whether its because of all the hooks, but it seems to become more frequent as the game progresses.

I would probably say (or guess, since you aren't telling me anything besides there's lag during some stages) that it's because of the number of hooks. It should be fairly stable in terms of framerate, at least more stable than previous versions.

Daeman

Reaction score
Hello everybody! I like Pudge Wars, it's one of my favorits maps. This game is really awesome, and in my opinion one of the best projects in WC3. Really. :)
As I can see forum at http://pudgewars.informe.com already is dead. It happen cuz BlackRose became developer after Tossrock, right? So old forum has some good suggestions, I have read. BlackRose, have you seen it? And I have some suggestions too ^_^

For beginning, new gamemods.
Fast Game (-fg) — Pudges recieve 150% XP and gold for killing.
Headshots only (-hs) — team that did more headshots win. It works with standard modes -km and -rm. When -hs mod is activated in scoreboard shown headshots count with kills/rounds. So standard mode act like timer.
Sniper mode (-sm) — pudge will die after only one hit. Works with other modes as well.
Professional mode (-pm) — Consumables shops don't work in this mode and runes spawns rarer
Banning Items (-bi) works like -xl in DotA but with items: firstly player on slot 1 choose one item from Items shop, chosen item dissapear from shop and players won't buy it in game, after that player on slot 7 (first slot in second team) ban item too, and second time again. Thus 4 items (it's not many, I sure) get banned in game. (2 items ban 1st player and 2 items ban 7th player).
Switch mechanism like in DotA (-so), for balancing teams after leaves.
Shuffle players (-sp). Shuffle Players like in DotA. Randomly switches around players from each team.

New runes idea.
• Regeneration ward: create invisible ward attached to pudge who activated rune. Healing Ward regenerate 4% of max HP per sec for 23 seconds (+2 sec effect for disappearence of aura), aura in 500AoE.
• Illusion rune: create uncontrollable illusion that imitate player's pudge movement and hooking. Illusion is unhookable and can move through units (like WindWalk, but visible). Illusion throws hook in same point with real pudge (in targeted point), but its hook move 35% slower (to avoid imba headshooting) and deals 50% damage. Lasts 20 seconds. Enemy players see an illusion like real player. When pudge-owner is hooked, illusion will disappear.
• Defence rune: make pudge recieve 50% less damage (from hooks and attack both) for 25secs.

Balance ideas.
If boosted mod (-bm) is activated, provide unhookable for 15sec. Because obviously players will stand close to shop and in this moment easy to catch them.

Cosmetic and gameplay.
Float text (damage from tossing and strygwyr's claws for example) shouldn't be visible in fog of war. Cuz it helps reveal enemy players.

Yes, about debug message. It appear each game after about 30mins of game. Must be fixed.

Just in case I should say sorry for my English, if I did grammar mistakes, it isn't my mother langauge. I'm Russian. =)

Mr_Bean355

Reaction score
@Daeman
Welcome! The website you mentioned (http://pudgewar.informe.com) is the official website, as far as I know. It appears dead because not many people know about it. I know that many people refer to http://pudgewars.tinyurl.com (which leads here). Here's what I think of your ideas:

Ideas I Do Like:
- Shuffle Players.
- Switch commands.
- Floating Text in the fog shouldn't be shown.
- Regeneration Ward (although it perhaps should regenerate just the Pudge that got it).
- Defense Rune.

Ideas I Don't Like:
- Professional Mode.
- Banning Items.
- Sniper Mode.

It will be interesting to see what BlackRose says!

Mr_Bean

Mr_LiSa

Reaction score
switch command mode for leavers...
- Floating Text in the fog shouldn't be shown Say this because never play with this bug at 1.24 after load,
Try and see how much this bag compares Pros with Noobs. Playing in the blind
You to much play at dota belive this modes not needed . I have not even seen what would have played on -ho
For me normal mode is ur mode -bi(but just because can play without walls and lancer)
P.S. BlackRose still dont want add sounds at PW map ? :)

mother language ) maybe native ? using google translator ? )

BlackRose

Forum User
Reaction score
Hello,

Daeman
As I can see forum at http://pudgewars.informe.com already is dead. It happen cuz BlackRose became developer after Tossrock, right? So old forum has some good suggestions, I have read. BlackRose, have you seen it?

That's the old forum, it died ages ago, was disabled, and was replaced with pudgewars.net, which has expired and is dead, also ages ago. The actual (new) forums is http://pudgewar.informe.com (note: there is no s). I asked Tossrock to reactivate the old forums ages back so I could check out the community it had back during his time. However, for some reason you can't register on that forum, so I made a new one.

Fast Game (-fg) — Pudges recieve 150% XP and gold for killing.

Well, there is Boosted Mode which is fairly similiar. 6v6 games are also fast anyways.

Headshots only (-hs) — team that did more headshots win. It works with standard modes -km and -rm. When -hs mod is activated in scoreboard shown headshots count with kills/rounds. So standard mode act like timer.

I'm not sure what you meant. The team that triggered the most headshots win? Are the headshots counted for allies and enemies? Or just enemies? How is victory determined? After a x minute match, the team with most headshot wins?

Sniper mode (-sm) — pudge will die after only one hit. Works with other modes as well.

After one physical hit? Well, I actually don't see the point in this - it doesn't seem fun at all, more of annoying and frustrating. You haven't explained what makes this a good suggestion either (for this, and some of the others).

Professional mode (-pm) — Consumables shops don't work in this mode and runes spawns rarer

There's already hook only (-ho), although I guess this is rather different. What do you mean by 'runes spawns rarer'? Runes are currently set to spawn from either side of river every 40 seconds. There isn't a chance factor involved.

Banning Items (-bi) works like -xl in DotA but with items: firstly player on slot 1 choose one item from Items shop, chosen item dissapear from shop and players won't buy it in game, after that player on slot 7 (first slot in second team) ban item too, and second time again. Thus 4 items (it's not many, I sure) get banned in game. (2 items ban 1st player and 2 items ban 7th player).

Switch mechanism like in DotA (-so), for balancing teams after leaves.

Switch mode has been suggested before; a reasonable suggestion.

Shuffle players (-sp). Shuffle Players like in DotA. Randomly switches around players from each team.

A reasonable suggestion.

Powerups:
Regeneration ward: So basically a 100% heal aura over the course of 25 seconds.

Illusion powerup: I'm not sure how the illusion behaves according to your behaviour. Is it created on the opposite side of you when you create it? Also, I think it's actually quite similiar to Doppelwalk.

Defense powerup: Actually, rather than damage resistance, how about something along the lines of Headshot and buff immunity?​

If boosted mod (-bm) is activated, provide unhookable for 15sec. Because obviously players will stand close to shop and in this moment easy to catch them.

I believe catching your opponents off guard when they are purchasing items and keeping your own guard up is a critical part of game. The same can be argued, obviously players should take more note of their surroundings - other players will hook them at the shop area.

Float text (damage from tossing and strygwyr's claws for example) shouldn't be visible in fog of war. Cuz it helps reveal enemy players.

I had always wondered whether I should fix that. Although like Mr_LiSa has mentioned, it really does seperate the good from the bad. Aesthetical reasons may take precedence though.

Yes, about debug message. It appear each game after about 30mins of game. Must be fixed.

Agreed :p

Just in case I should say sorry for my English, if I did grammar mistakes, it isn't my mother langauge. I'm Russian. =)

Your post was coherent and I was able to understand generally everything. Thanks anyways :D

Mr_Bean355
Actually, the website he mentioned was http://pudgewar[COLOR=red]s[/COLOR].informe.com. Also, the tinyurl link that referred to this thread was http://tinyurl.com/pudgewars. Thanks for trying to clarify, regardless.

To all,
I would appreciate if the new official forums was being used for discussion :p It would help to create a larger community.

Daeman

Reaction score
Some so awesome things. =)

Mr_LiSa said:
mother language ) maybe native ? using google translator ? )
I thought so. It was ABBY joke). But really more important that you could understand me. =)
Hey. I saw your Host bot today in Russian PW room in Garena. Bot's interface was in Russian... so it mean only that
?, ??-?????, ???? ????????. ?????? ??? ?? ????, ??? ?????? ????, ??? ????????? ?? ????????? ? ????? ?????? ??? ????????? ? ?????? ?????, ??? ?? ??????? ???????????. ) ????? ?????. [Do not even try to translate through Google, you will get crap. Rusian is untranslatable, especially if you don't know Russian.]
Or is it wrong? But... I know I right. =)
BlackRose said:
Well, there is Boosted Mode which is fairly similiar. 6v6 games are also fast anyways.
But if I play not 6x6 or not even 5x5 and I wanna REALLY fast game? ) So -bm make game faster only at start. 250 gold it isn't 1.5k and 15 upgrade points is only 5-9 upgrades.
BlackRose said:
I'm not sure what you meant.
I'm explaining: for each headshot on enemy, team will earn 1 headshot point, standard modes work like a 'timer'. For example
if mode is -km45hs, game lasts as usually, and will end after 45 kills, BUT wins team that have more headshot count. Maybe players will get 2x XP from headshot? Oo
BlackRose said:
After one physical hit?
After any recieved damage pudge will die (hook, normal damage, item). Yeah. It's just for fun. Only for fun.
BlackRose said:
There's already hook only (-ho)
No. It is not same. I suggest to remove only all reveals and heals in this mode. Because in early game it's imba. Reveal costs only 5gold (!) and reveals 800 AoE for 30 secs Oo. I hate it. All enemies can purchase Tiny's arm and Landmines and levels it up in beginning of the game, and after that use Reveal... And BOOM! Starts a real epic bombardment. Just imagine - reveal lasts 30sec, Lay mine CD is 15, so each player in team can throw mine two times during this time, 6x2x1350=16200damage. Or even if count with arithmetic average of damage (min 400 max 1350 (400+1350)/2=875) and if bear in mind chance to miss, so damage will be about 8000! Thrown mines deal 1350 damage (!) when pudges have only about 2500hp at this time (in early game).
Hm... I have some ideas.
[Balance]
[Consumables remake]
• Healing Salve
Heals 1000hp by 25secs. Healing will be interrupted when pudge uses spell/attacks/gets damage. Costs 20 gold (for 25secs rest time when healing pudge will earn 25/10*5=12.5gold), so it isn't high price.
• Potion of Greater Healing
Heals 665hp by 4secs (so 2 Healing Slaves = 3 Potions). (Meat Hook CD is 3secs). Healing will be interrupted when pudge uses spell/attacks/gets damage. Costs 30.
• Sentry Wards
Reveals area in 600 AoE (not 800 as I can see). Lasts 45secs. Have 2 charges and costs 20gold. Max amount in the store is 2. Refill delay in store is 60secs. Ward has 300hp and 2secs fade time.
• Reveal
Reveals an area in 800 AoE. Lasts 20secs. CD (in shop) is 90secs (cooldowning begin after targeting). Costs 30gold.

[Item remake]
I think, Detonate (max lvl landmines bonus) should have casting time 1sec with indicator, (like with Dynamite rune) cuz it quite imba with toss combo, e.g. today I saw with each Detonate pudge kills 3-4 pudges 4 or 5 times.
And one more idea. Maybe make some Items (in Items shop) limited for purchasing. For example, 20 Tiny's arms (for upgrade item to 5 lvl you have to buy it 5 times), 15 Techies Explosive barrel, 10 Earthshaker's Totems and 15 Strygwyr's claws. I'm not sure about this idea, but I should tell all suggestions that I have in mind :D

BlackRose said:
Regeneration ward: So basically a 100% heal aura over the course of 25 seconds.
Oooff. 100% HP/sec. Aura in 500 AoE that instantly heal all team? It is too much, I think.

I played today and happen one funny bag with rune and half of game we was playing in slow motion =)
Download replay: http://rghost.ru/15469221
(it's Russian file manager, for downloading clik on button '???????'.)
___
Did you know?
Pudges are able to toss Sentry Wards with Tiny's arm as well. :D

Mr_LiSa

Reaction score
you're wrong 3x3(-km100nt)- 18 ~ 23 min
game with the mode -bm mostly for noobs so as to pro most important thing in the beginning, when there are havenot items and can show skill at denied and headshots

Daeman

Reaction score
Dammit. Forum script don't show non american characters.
Mr_LiSa, yes, I was wrong. You are not Russian, you are Ukrainian. )
Mr_Bean355 said:
Looking forward to seeing what new content you include!
Yeah. Forum is almost empty now.

Mr_LiSa

Reaction score
siraraz for most online at forum think need little better design
its because ur mission was just create separate site of PW ?

BlackRose

Forum User
Reaction score
I'm a little lost on what new content to add to Pudge Wars. This problem is further complicated by the fact that I'm rather busy with the my education.

--

I have a few questions on the mode selection and game mods:
1. Do you use the manual input (typing) more often or the dialog-button interface?
2. Do you think the dialog-button mode should be removed and mode selection should be completely manual-input based?

siraraz for most online at forum think need little better design
its because ur mission was just create separate site of PW ?

I am available to any suggestions for better forum design. Main mission was to create a separate site for Pudge Wars.

Mr_Bean355

Reaction score
I have a few questions on the mode selection and game mods:
1. Do you use the manual input (typing) more often or the dialog-button interface?
2. Do you think the dialog-button mode should be removed and mode selection should be completely manual-input based?

1. I always use manual mode, because it is much quicker and I know the various modes.
2. I think the dialog-button mode is helpful for beginners that don't know the manual commands. I think it should be left the way it is (you have an option to choose either methods).

Good luck!

Mr_Bean

Mr_LiSa

Reaction score
I think the dialog-button mode is helpful for beginners
Noobs dont know what means km or nt, usually they click anything for game starting.
Better manual easy say to red player if he newbie

Daeman

Reaction score
BlackRose, what about my suggestion?
But I wanna edit some values.

Daeman said:
• Reveal
Reveals an area in 800 AoE. Lasts 20secs. CD (in shop) is 90secs (cooldowning begin after targeting). Costs 30gold.

• Reveal
Reveals an area in 1000 AoE Lasts 20secs. CD (in shop) is 70secs (cooldowning begin after targeting). Costs 30gold.

BlackRose

Forum User
Reaction score
1. I always use manual mode, because it is much quicker and I know the various modes.
2. I think the dialog-button mode is helpful for beginners that don't know the manual commands. I think it should be left the way it is (you have an option to choose either methods).

Good luck!

Mr_Bean

I think I might just remove the dialog selection entirely. Manual mode selection is just more cleaner and easier to organise.

Noobs dont know what means km or nt, usually they click anything for game starting.
Better manual easy say to red player if he newbie

Good point as well.

I Think if make design like at old forum its not will crime :)

So the black theme for the forum?

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.