Pudge Wars Advanced

Tossrock

Reaction score
http://pudgewars.informe.com

If you've never played Pudge Wars, the basic premise is two teams of Pudges facing off from two sides of a divided map, utilizing the meat hook type spell. Mine is a bit more advanced than the older versions, with some of the following:

Features:
-Full multiboard
-Completely JASS struct based hook allows for tons of strategy, not to mention looks cool as it curves
-Unique items allow many different styles of play
-Useful upgrades to augment your Meat Hook
-Powerups to change your hook
-Two game modes

Screens:

You can see the live action version of where these two come from here

FlameSpiralgoing.jpg

-
FinishedFlameSpiral.jpg

-
Scurve.jpg

-
Fireandhook.jpg

So yeah, try it out!

http://pudgewars.informe.com

M

Marduke

This map is pretty popular on B.net at the moment, and it's actually pretty fun.

Only gripe I had with it was that games seemed to last painfully long (Like 20 rounds or something?). But I suppose I'd attribute that more to personal taste than being the map's fault. The game seemed pretty simple (to me), so after 15 rounds things feel very repetitive.

Like I said, it's a great map, but I think the map has a lot of potential for different modes and other things that can spice up the gameplay :)

+Rep because it is a very well made map and pretty damn unique :)

Psiblade94122

In need of sleep
Reaction score
haha i remember playing this when it first came out, my team left me and the player shuffle wasent made yet so i was screwed, other then that i liked the game

from the screenshots the effects look great compared to the one i played

+rep for a good game

i recently tried this new version.. the hook laggs like crazy -_-

WarLuvr3393

Hmmm...too many things to play (WoW, COD4, WC3)
Reaction score
The game is fun and all, but I hate playing with a full house. Whenever all the hooks go out, the game just lags like a little b*tch. Don't get me wrong, this game is hella fun. I reccomend you play this 3v3 or less. Anything higher will just be a choppy game.

Tossrock

Reaction score
I'm going to try and optimize hook more, but really it's already very streamlined. I guess it really depends on your processor.

substance

Reaction score
I'm going to try and optimize hook more, but really it's already very streamlined. I guess it really depends on your processor.

Yeh the hook is built great IMO, It runs fine on my machine and its a fairly old pile.

6v6 IS kinda lame, but not because of the CPU or net lag, but because you get headshot'ed every 5 seconds =p

Great map toss, btw, where did you learn WE? I havent seen you on here or wc3c but your methods are pretty advanced.

Korolen

New User (Why do I keep getting those red bars?)
Reaction score
This map is great, +rep.

Only, please.... Turn down the headshot percentage or just make it do more damage; the instant kill is kinda lame.

my team left me and the player shuffle wasent made yet so i was screwed, other then that i liked the game
There's a shuffle? Every time I played someone on one team leaves and that team gets totally skrewed... Old version?

Tossrock

Reaction score
By shuffle he means random spawn locations, I think.

I do in fact have a wc3campaigns account, and a very very old one at that (September 2003), but I never really use it. I learned how to map edit pretty much entirely on my own. I started using JASS in the summer of '06 after opening up a map called Beamball and never looked back. I'm a computer science major, so being able to program decently is kind of a necessary skill ;)

Oh and I updated the first post for some awesome screens.

Psiblade94122

In need of sleep
Reaction score
dont headshots happen when your getting pulled by 2 hooks?

and by shuffle is, on a old version someone added an option to rebalance teams, meaning players can switch from west to east... unfortuently i dont see it on this version... (ive played 3 puge wars, one where it used the old hook modled after dota's, 2nd had shuffle and 3rd is this one)

lh2705

Just another Helper
Reaction score
Awesome game, just gets laggy....but its the most fun pudge wars ever!!

waaaks!

Zinctified
Reaction score
so...did u make this map?

because i found that there is a forum for this...

or maybe youre one of the map makers of this map?

please don't lie...

Tossrock

Reaction score
I assure you, I am the maker for the map. The forums you are talking about are linked in my first post, where I am an admin. If you look at the map, you can see my name in various places: Suggested Players says By Tossrock, the loading screen says Tossrock presents, in the Quests menu, it says Map made by Tossrock, and in the Upkeep mouseover it says Map by Tossrock.

So yes, I made the map.

Cal1991

Reaction score
A friend asked me to mod this so that there were infinite rounds. Woulda just asked you to add an option for more rounds but the vers we played had no email adress.
Anyway, after finding out that you had some map protection in place I gave up.

Nice map btw, although my comp can't handle much more than 2v2 without choking up.

Sooda

Diversity enchants
Reaction score
> Nice map btw, although my comp can't handle much more than 2v2 without choking up.

Using effects instead of creating dummies so closly together could maybe give something but I' m not sure.

Tossrock

Reaction score
You can't move point effects, as far as I know. Nor change their animation speed or scaling or tinting.

Hero

─║╣ero─
Reaction score
I played this game and it was awesome...I really like it in fact I'm hosting one right now

Sim

Forum Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
This is incredible fun.

Nice idea using Pudge ;)

Tossrock

Reaction score
Well, 1.18 is out now. It has a ton more stuff, including

Terrain redesign
Hooks deflect off walls and buildings
New powerups
New items
Custom game length
Less lag
Killing sprees etc
Easier usage for active items

and more!

Check it out at http://pudgewars.informe.com

E

ekZ

so...did u make this map?

because i found that there is a forum for this...

or maybe youre one of the map makers of this map?

please don't lie...

Well the thing is, there are many versions of the map. The first version was released by me (azur3wrath) a long time ago. It was just a plain 3v3 pudge war maps with the same hook as the one from dota. Then came out many variations of the map, such as pudge wars reloaded and this map.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.