Defense Pure Zombie Survival

R

Remscarz

some shit: i started making Zombie Survival Guide and it epically failed when the only unprotected copy got curropt, other then another copy which was ~20 hours of work earlier. So i said fuck that too! At least i got some new systems outa it!
and now!!
PLOT:

I have decided to make a map and follow it to the end. Unless i lose 40+ hours of work <- Read small print
Anyways the map will be a realistic, mutated, map
Heh HEh MUTATED

Me and a dude named "snipnalCord" are kinda making the map. Hes giving ideas and testing im mmaking. I dont know why im posting this hear, maybe some people would like to pitch some ideas in. Anyways...
The game starts with like a 3 minute cutsceen, The cutsceen includes some marines from the Air Force Special OPS getting air dropped in and meeting with the surviving town authorities. The authoreties inform them of a impending doom (haha)

The Spec Op crew then air drop in supplys to aid them and the autohrities. It shows barricades and sentry guns being setup, it also has a section where it shows a hospital and some dead bodies inside...
The screen blacks out and it apears to be night. Moans are heard as zombies close in. Another scene of the hospital shows that the bodies are gone. A close up of a police man apears as he gets killed by a zombie behind him, behind the barricades
. The scene zooms out and it shows a bloody fight of zombies on both sides with humans in the middle. The scene ends giving a notion that they all get slaughtered.
The screen fades and "2 weeks earlier" appears....
You find yourself in "collegue"

GAME PLAY START

out of the 11 people playing, some special thigns are randomly chosen, 3 people are military soldiers, 2 are archetects, 2 are scientists, and 2 are losers.
You are then asked to complete a series of trails. Depending on how many you fail, you will be granted with different level jobs! low level jobs = low pay, high level jobs = high pay.
The trails are basically also a tutorial for noobs....

You then find yourself in the middle of the urban and you are asked to do various part of your jobs. As you do your jobs you get additional money which is used later game. You can also buy soem early game only items that are expensive but very useful later in game. You can also find gold throughout the game.
after 1 day or trails and 4 days of work you read a newpaper article infomring you of zombies. You start freaking out!

You have 2 days to get supplys and settle down in a fortress.
After those 2 days all hell start breaking loose. Zombies arrive and start attacking the town...
You must survive for an entire week! This will put a strain on your supplys to repair! and also a strain on your food supply! Run out of food and you will starve!
Once you have survived a week a transmission comes through that military is inbound. You are told to try to get to the center of town. You can choose to stay in saftey or risk your life to meet the army, For the people who chose to risk they'll find all the zombies are being distracted by the police....

For the stayers you will miss out on weapons, food, ammo, and supplys!
The helicoptor will land and the Special ops team will step out. The cutsceen but in gameplay mode will go on. You will be given various tasks to setup the barricades and start filling sentry guns with ammo
After about the 10 minutes of all of this the zombies start attacking you.
It leads to a bloody battle of both melee and ranged combat. You seem to be losing the battle just like in the cutsceen

And right as everything seems to be lost the screen fades in white. Every player is revived now and when the white fades you see zombie corpses evreywhere. Along with a crew of about 20 "special" Special ops team members and a tank sitting next to the barricades
Another Cutsceen occurs and you see an even larger swarm of both small and large zombies attacking.
GAMEPLAY now continues
Your job is to figth and keep the sentrys fed. Along with providing the tank with additional shells when needed.
After about 5 minutes of all this you are ordered to get to teh center of town.... As you are running. or should be running. The zombies break through and slaughter the army
The game end with all the players who made it to the designated zone getting out of the town just as they get surrounded.

You see yourself fly off into the distance...
The screen flashes green as a bio bomb is dropped on the town to erradicate all zombies.... Or so we thought

The screen then fades black for about 10 seconds as the game removes any unnesasary Memory leaks, and unit groups. All the triggers are destroyed also.
Then 8 months later pops up
You see a helicoptor flying to the town again. The helicoptor lands and 8 months later fades as the text
Operation: *************
****UNDER CONSTRUCTION*********
/////Classified//////

Umm yea....
SO far all 99% of terrain and 85% of doodads done. Part one 0.5% done. Part two-three 0% done
Part four: -100% done. NEGATIVE:)

POSTS FROM THE FIRST SITE THSI WAS ON
And BAM!!!! I just got my jass newgen pack working, its a 425x425 map size! THATS OVER EPIC!!!! I also just dished out 99% of the urban and 80% of rural. The main roads are down and basic enviormental detail is added.
I have never played the plague...
And there really isnt any classes.... Its more of random / your skills. The test at the beginning give you gold later game.. You can pick talents also.

A save/load system seems reasonable. Itc oudl be good for +HP +DMG +speed +ATK SPEED, Maybe with some extra jobs available and the chance to get assault rifles earlier then normal in game. Also PART 2 of teh game which is so far CLASSIFIED will have classes and save / load system for sure. It of course will be last to be made.. i am also debating rutehr i should allow you to instantly skip to it, or it requires a code which with the code you can instantly skip.

The day 1,2,3 part is yes very nice i myself like it.. I am hoping to have lots (too add interest) of cutsceens in-game where all units pause and it shows random things. Like for example, if anyone ever got the police job then they will be ordered to go investigate something out side the city
. This will be teh first encounter with zombies and 100% winnable. The police officer wiill basically walk through and see impaled corpses and cages with moaning people. As hes walking down the path surrounded by impassable woods he sees some barricades and a man hunched over. He approaches and the man starts moaning and walking towards him. The cop orders the man to stop but he continues moving. The cop pulls out his [PISTOL: Very light hand weapon- RELOADABLE/ Contains 12 shots in 1 magazine. AMMO- COMMON. Damage: LOW] and dispatches 3 shots into the zombie.

The zombie continues at him and the police officer starts rapidly firing. He luckly hits the zombie in the head once and the zombie falls down and dies. He decides he saw nothing and leaves the place. As hes walking away he thinks: It seemed liek the shot in his head stopped him!

There will be cutsceens like that and many more before and during main combat.
I have breifly thought about some possible jobs you can get..
OHHHHH! ZOMFG I KNOW! You can SAVE/LOAD your test scores! And youc an take thes test again to get more points!!! Then you can get better jobs @ start!!!!!
Anways...
Jobs could be thigns like:
PLumber
SalesPerson
Taxi Driver
Cop
Teacher
Mailman...

IF you got suggestions just say em. I hope to be working furiosly on systems this weekend.
Oh yes and i got this really sweet system for mass movement groups
Basically whenever you give an order for like 20+ units to move with tirggers it runs a system which organizes teh units into clumps and sends them in different groups reducing unit lagg and overall lagg. Its even in old school JASS so yea...

And if anyone is really good with jass and wants to teach me some tricks, feel free...
Post good posts in this topc 4 or more times and you will get your name in credits..

The game will also ALLOW you to kill ally computer players... but you will then be under arrest... Cop cars will start showing up near you and you will be constantly ambushed for 1-10 minutes based on the severity of your crime. And yes you can permanantly die from this. Unless you turn yourself in, pay to clear your name, threaten an official member of the PD. And not to mention... the army counts as the PD and will kill you also if its very severe =)

GG

REEDITED
And also
BASIC BETA TESTING WILL BE HELD WITH 3 WEEKS. MAP RELEASE WILL BE 1-2 MONTHS

thewrongvine

The Evolved Panda Commandant
Reaction score
Uh, too much unorganized text. No one's gonna' want to read all of that blob. Decorate your thread. :) Use colors, spaces, different fonts, bolded and italicized words, etc. Make it look nice. I suggest also making sections so it's easier to read.

staskax

Reaction score
Sorry but thewrongwine is right, I didn't read it ;D Actually I stopped where it said something about 3 MINUTE CUTSCENE !!! Who the hell will watch a 3 minute introductional cinematic each time he hosts the map ?

R

Remscarz

of course he can... and only host can.. if someone presses ESCAPE otehr then host theyll prob get booted too!
Also the Cutsceens WONT be shitty like many game cutsceens. THEY WILL HAVE VOICES!!!!! AND AWESOMENESS!!! Also it will have hidden details in teh background.. off of the main focus. Like behind the character it will show a hidden item...
Also The trail section of the game will be a player centered camera while the real gameplay is far veiw or close veiw camera... Also the specialty custceens are an average of 20-60 seconds so they WONT be skippable. I will need in teh future though... people who can speek lines for me...

thewrongvine

The Evolved Panda Commandant
Reaction score
Yeah, it looks a lot better but it could still be improved. Now, I read about 50% of it instead of just 10%. :D

Make different sections and seperate them with like BIG text titles for each section.

G

GH0ZT

haha i only read about 50% also.
you need to make it look professional.
Indented Titles, with all the info on that sunject under it neatly.
Then so on and so forrth. Maybe do every subject a different color or something.
Other than that the game sounds pretty kool from what i read.

R

Remscarz

haha i only read about 50% also.
you need to make it look professional.
Indented Titles, with all the info on that sunject under it neatly.
Then so on and so forrth. Maybe do every subject a different color or something.
Other than that the game sounds pretty kool from what i read.
i dont care if its proffesional or no... its called a draft... suck it up

kingbdogz

The Edge of Eternity is upon us.
Reaction score
well unfortunately no one will read it, so suck it up yourself. It is a bit better but you must section alot of your writing with either spoilers or just titles. Either way this seems pretty good, i have played a few zombie/mutated maps and they are really fun to play.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.