Minigame Pursuit

Frosthowl

TH.net Regular
Reaction score
[News]
Well, everything is going along well....
+Added Rogue Hero
+Redid Terrain
+Redid Pits of Death (Yellow Circle)
+Added Sand Worm Trap (Blue Circle)

[Intro]
Hello everyone. Almost all of you have heard of "The Predator" by now I assume. If you havn't, you can read about it here: http://www.epicwar.com/maps/47684/ (Out of Date Copy). Basically, my map works like this, every round, every player gets on random hero. With that hero, they must kill one other specificaly designated person. Since each person must kill one other person, every person has someone chasing after them! Once you kill someone, you are then set to target your target's target. You must use your spells to damage your target as well as to evade the person chasing you! You can also pick up items that have their own spells that work against anyone!

[Gameplay]
Well, since I already stated my plan, ill use this to go into further detail about the items, mechanics, ect.

On each side of the map, two auto kill zones are in place for the not-so-careful player. If you enter the pit, through a knockback or some other instance (honestly, don't be dumb enough to run into the pit), you imidiately die and lose two points. Yes, this idea came from the predator so dont flame me. On the top of the map, there is a fountain which can restore mana (yes I know -.-). Items will randomly show up on the field at random times. Their effects vary greatly from knocking your pursuer backward or healing you to full health. Use these to get even at past enemies, save yourself, or throw off your pursuer. Did I mention that no player can attack someone who isn't their target?

To make the system a little more clear...imagine 4 players playing the game. The players are A, B, C, and D. Upon starting the round, the game randomizes the targets through a system I developed. We will say this is the outcome. Player A is assigned to kill player c, b to kill d, c to kill b and d to kill a. If you notice, it forms a circle, A[c], B[d], C, D[a]. Now, if a player dies, say player c, since player a is assigned to kill player c, he will be assigned player c's target instead. Now it will be A, B[d], C[X], D[a], and this will repeat until only one is left.

[Heros]
Each hero will have 4-5 abilities. One movement spell and one spell to destroy trees and doodads will be present with each hero. As I add more heros, ill post them for you. Most of the hero's spells will be done in jass.

+Demigod+
Model: Keeper of the Grove
Spell Q: Entangling Roots - Causes many roots to sprout in a small 200 AOE trapping any enemy within them.
Spell W: Leech Seeds - Sends several seeds out onto an enemy. In about 5 seconds these seeds will grow and start sucking health every 3 seconds and restoring it to the user.
Spell E: Grapple Vine - Throws out a strong vine that latches onto a unit and pulls you toward it.
Spell R: Razor Leaf - Sends a small group of leaves outward to damage units hit by them.

+Sorceress+
Model: Jaina
Spell Q: Arcane Explosion - A very low cooldown spell that causes damage to all units within the area. Consumes mana quickly
Spell W: Polymorph - Turns any enemy into a sheep for X amount of seconds. Damage to the enemy reverts them to their normal form.
Spell E: Starlight - Causes stars to rain down in a small area. The stars will form a random patern (Circle, Triangle, Figure 8, Pentagram, ect.) and each star damages a unit by X. All the stars hit at the same time and its possible to dodge them.
Spell R: Blink - An instant cast ability that moves the sorceress forward X feet.
Spell X: Invisability - A long cooldown ability that allows the sorceress to go invisable. While invisable, she will have distorted vision and will be unable to attack or see any other units. Any attacks or spells cast will take hero out of this mode.

*NEW*
+Rogue+
Model: Warden
Spell Q: Throwing knives - Throws two knives outward hitting all units in a line. The knives go out in two angles and home in on a central point x feet away before dissapearing.
Spell W: The Chase - The rogue begins accelerating, increasing her movement speed to the maximum over 8 seconds. Once it hits the maximum, its speed drops down to the original speed over another 8 seconds. (Credits to Psiblade94122)
Spell E: Shadow Frenzy - The rogue warps to a nearby location and upon arriving, she throws out a shower of knives cutting all trees away and damaging any nearby units.
Spell R: Shadow Step - The rogue targets a location and warps to a location slightly behind before running to the location and knocking forward any unit she comes in contact with.
Passive Spell: Assassinate - Every time the rogue attacks you from behind, she does triple her normal attack damage.

More Coming soon

[Progress]
Gameplay and Map Triggers: 99%
Terraining - 90%
Heros - 15%
Spells - 12%
Items - 15%

[Conclusion]
Let me know what you guys think. Feel free to suggest stuff such as items and heroes. Please include the hero name, model (must be already ingame and have hero glow), and possible spells.

Attachments

• MapTerrain.jpg
    MapTerrain.jpg
    145.3 KB · Views: 237
  • MapTerrainDesc.jpg
    MapTerrainDesc.jpg
    154 KB · Views: 245

Charapanga

Reaction score
The terrain IMO looks kinnda boring, but the idea of the game is really good...good luck with it and i'm looking forward to the release :)

Frosthowl

TH.net Regular
Reaction score
60% done with it meaning I will add a few more details and maybe a few triggerable traps and such, but due to the nature of the map, not many effect doodads will be placed. Trees will be a major part of blocking though so expect that. That is mostly a map outline anyway.

Ghostwind

o________o
Reaction score
Since the map is so small, I can whip up some sweet looking terrain that's still fairly open for you.

Ghostwind

o________o
Reaction score
I think with a game like this and a map this small, items should NOT be your average +# to stat items. They should, instead, have effects like blink or something.

thewrongvine

The Evolved Panda Commandant
Reaction score
Sounds cool. :thup: I'll be waiting for this. Me likey these types of games. :)

~Hai-Bye-Vine~

Frosthowl

TH.net Regular
Reaction score
I think with a game like this and a map this small, items should NOT be your average +# to stat items. They should, instead, have effects like blink or something.

I already said the items all have their own abilities and effects that can be used against those who arnt your targers... =/

"Items will randomly show up on the field at random times. Their effects vary greatly from knocking your pursuer backward or healing you to full health. Use these to get even at past enemies, save yourself, or throw off your pursuer."

Lightstalker

Reaction score
Sounds like a good map. Terrain could use a bit of work though... Maybe you could randomly generate it?

Frosthowl

TH.net Regular
Reaction score
Ill make any improvements to the terrain AFTER I make a releasable version. I want function over appeal right now.

Psiblade94122

In need of sleep
Reaction score
True Ancestor
Model: Warden with red ribbons on her weapons (attachemnt effects)
Spell Q: Focus - Gives 30% critical (for 1.5x damage) and evasion for 10 seconds, has a chance to cast Acceleration along with this cast.
Spell W: Multi Slash - Chains shackle the target while the ancestor warps and slashes at the target. This deals Multi Hit damage.
Spell E: Zero Shift - Warps to target point. Clears trees and doodads that are in the way.
Spell R: Accelerate - Maxes movement speed then slowly lowers movement speed until movement speed is at default. Also during its duration Zero Shift's cool down is reduced. If manually casted, focus will be dispelled but if it was auto casted then focus will stay.
Spell X: Blud Die Schwester - Chains reach up to the moon and pulls it down to deal Global AoE damage (because your map size is so small). The channel cannot be interrupted and if she dies during the channel the moon will crash dealing a lower amount of global damage.

Frosthowl

TH.net Regular
Reaction score
Sorry I havn't been able to work on this lately. Finals are quickly approaching and im trying to finish up in many of my classes. I will resume once finals are over. Side note, I liked the "Accelerate" spell idea.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Varine Varine:
    How can you tell the difference between real traffic and indexing or AI generation bots?
  • The Helper The Helper:
    The bots will show up as users online in the forum software but they do not show up in my stats tracking. I am sure there are bots in the stats but the way alot of the bots treat the site do not show up on the stats
  • Varine Varine:
    I want to build a filtration system for my 3d printer, and that shit is so much more complicated than I thought it would be
  • Varine Varine:
    Apparently ABS emits styrene particulates which can be like .2 micrometers, which idk if the VOC detectors I have can even catch that
  • Varine Varine:
    Anyway I need to get some of those sensors and two air pressure sensors installed before an after the filters, which I need to figure out how to calculate the necessary pressure for and I have yet to find anything that tells me how to actually do that, just the cfm ratings
  • Varine Varine:
    And then I have to set up an arduino board to read those sensors, which I also don't know very much about but I have a whole bunch of crash course things for that
  • Varine Varine:
    These sensors are also a lot more than I thought they would be. Like 5 to 10 each, idk why but I assumed they would be like 2 dollars
  • Varine Varine:
    Another issue I'm learning is that a lot of the air quality sensors don't work at very high ambient temperatures. I'm planning on heating this enclosure to like 60C or so, and that's the upper limit of their functionality
  • Varine Varine:
    Although I don't know if I need to actually actively heat it or just let the plate and hotend bring the ambient temp to whatever it will, but even then I need to figure out an exfiltration for hot air. I think I kind of know what to do but it's still fucking confusing
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Maybe you could find some of that information from AC tech - like how they detect freon and such
  • Varine Varine:
    That's mostly what I've been looking at
  • Varine Varine:
    I don't think I'm dealing with quite the same pressures though, at the very least its a significantly smaller system. For the time being I'm just going to put together a quick scrubby box though and hope it works good enough to not make my house toxic
  • Varine Varine:
    I mean I don't use this enough to pose any significant danger I don't think, but I would still rather not be throwing styrene all over the air
  • The Helper The Helper:
    New dessert added to recipes Southern Pecan Praline Cake https://www.thehelper.net/threads/recipe-southern-pecan-praline-cake.193555/
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Another bot invasion 493 members online most of them bots that do not show up on stats
  • Varine Varine:
    I'm looking at a solid 378 guests, but 3 members. Of which two are me and VSNES. The third is unlisted, which makes me think its a ghost.
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Some members choose invisibility mode
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I bitch about Xenforo sometimes but it really is full featured you just have to really know what you are doing to get the most out of it.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    It is just not easy to fix styles and customize but it definitely can be done
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I do know this - xenforo dropped the ball by not keeping the vbulletin reputation comments as a feature. The loss of the Reputation comments data when we switched to Xenforo really was the death knell for the site when it came to all the users that left. I know I missed it so much and I got way less interested in the site when that feature was gone and I run the site.
  • Blackveiled Blackveiled:
    People love rep, lol
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    The recipe today is Sloppy Joe Casserole - one of my faves LOL https://www.thehelper.net/threads/sloppy-joe-casserole-with-manwich.193585/
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Decided to put up a healthier type recipe to mix it up - Honey Garlic Shrimp Stir-Fry https://www.thehelper.net/threads/recipe-honey-garlic-shrimp-stir-fry.193595/

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.