Other Puzzle and Riddles Map - |Map of the Week #7|

WarLuvr3393

Hmmm...too many things to play (WoW, COD4, WC3)
Reaction score
Spiky's Puzzle and Riddles Map Suggestion Thread

Introduction

I have actually been working on this map on and off for a year now. I've just been pulled into so many games such as Call of Duty 4, World of Warcraft, DotA, etc. But, after all this time, I've gotten 7/10 levels done. I did have another suggestion thread and I was thinking of reviving it, but I don't think the mods would like that.

The other suggestion thread can be found here.

Now you may be asking, "Why don't you just get the suggestions from your other thread?" Well, the computer I was working on broke, but I saved a backup of the map but not the ideas. I told the people to edit their posts so anyone that needed help on a puzzle wouldn't get the answer from this thread. That's why I'm re-posting this thread.

Map Information

The map currently has seven, fully-functional levels. These levels contain riddles and puzzles that may require people. The minimum amount of players required to play to beat the game is four. However, I may add a command for single player play as well.

Level Examples

For spoiler protection, I will only include a description of the level, not what you actually have to do.

level2ah2.jpg

You come across an engineer with 4 switches. Really easy...

level4p1la6.jpg

You have a sea of circles in front of you. You know there's a certain path you must take or death will knock at your front door. A clue is revealed to you:

level4clueoj1.jpg

Another easy one...I think

level6kp9.jpg

You see many circles in front of you (not all puzzles are circle puzzles), each with their own number. The clue tells you that everyone will have a specific riddle which corresponds with a certain circle. Can you figure out which circle you must step into before the timer expires?

What can I do to help?

Well, the map is almost complete and there's pretty much no where else for me to go. In other words, I want to finish the map already and stop putting it off. What I'm looking for is three elaborate puzzles that are difficult but possible to solve. I would prefer them not to have riddles in them, but if you can make a riddle that cannot be just google'd and relates to the puzzle, then that's acceptable.

When will the map be released?

This map is probably going to be open beta to everyone here but I cannot post the map until I get some ideas so please post anything you have.

Thanks a bunch everyone, I hope to get this map out soon.

~WarLuvr3393 (a.k.a. "Spiky")

WarLuvr3393

Reaction score
24-hour BUMP

I am giving +rep to any ideas that you guys have, even if I'm not going to include it in the map.

Help me get this done.

wc3shady

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
Hm you should explain what levels you already have, so we can base ours in the same style as those and know what you've already done.

WarLuvr3393

Reaction score
Hm you should explain what levels you already have, so we can base ours in the same style as those and know what you've already done.

Okay, I updated the thread with level examples (+pictures).

Ideas please.

wc3shady

Reaction score
Hm well first of all the first puzzle was pointlessly easy and the second puzzle was almost as easy.

Maybe... a puzzle in which you have to move boxes or something around to get to the end, but you have to do it under a certain number of movements, and maybe you have to do it in like an odd number of turns? I dont know I'm bad at thinking up riddles.

WarLuvr3393

Reaction score
Hm well first of all the first puzzle was pointlessly easy and the second puzzle was almost as easy.

Maybe... a puzzle in which you have to move boxes or something around to get to the end, but you have to do it under a certain number of movements, and maybe you have to do it in like an odd number of turns? I dont know I'm bad at thinking up riddles.

Hmm, I'll see what I can do with that.

BTW, those aren't the WHOLE levels, I just wanted to post the ones that were really easy so the other harder ones won't get spoiled. :p

+Rep

Anymore?

wc3shady

Reaction score
I see, thanks for rep!

Anyways... Ok I have an idea. How about there are 9 Circle Making a square (the number doesn't matter, but it needs to be at least 9), and they are red circles. Whenever you step on a circle, that circle would remain the same color, but all circles around that color switch (red to green, green to red)

so
R = Red Circle, G = Green Circle, P = Person, <--/--> = Moving left/right

R R R P
R R R
R R R

R G R <-- P
R G G
R R R

EDIT - How about, seeing as how there is more than one player, make that a one player version, with other versions for if you have 4 or more people. If you have multiple people, each person only has a square with 4 circles, but each set of circles is part of a bigger square, so if one whole mini square turns green, all the mini squares around it switch colors. Catch my drift?

12sea21

Reaction score
that was done before(wc3shadys idea..).... its easy for some people.. my idea is:
You show 4 people, citizens, Man Woman 2 boys, the boy is on a circle, the other boy is on a ball, the man is eating Icecream(that is not necessary) and the woman says you squares!
There are 4 types of "Circle of power"s , one is square, one is circle, one is triangle, one is rectangle, they need to step on the odd one out!

WarLuvr3393

Reaction score
that was done before(wc3shadys idea..).... its easy for some people.. my idea is:
You show 4 people, citizens, Man Woman 2 boys, the boy is on a circle, the other boy is on a ball, the man is eating Icecream(that is not necessary) and the woman says you squares!
There are 4 types of "Circle of power"s , one is square, one is circle, one is triangle, one is rectangle, they need to step on the odd one out!

I'm not a modeller so making a triange-shaped "circle of power" (lol) is going to be impossible for me.

+Rep though

Anymore ideas? I'd like for these puzzles to be really challenging since they're towards the end.

wc3shady

Reaction score
I have some side ideas that aren't actually puzzles but they could be used in them.

Maybe some sort of maze where there is red fire, blue fire, green fire, and purple fire, each moving in different directions. Fire moves up, green down, purple right, blue left. You need to use switches and stuff to change them, so you can make it through the puzzle. And if two colors hit, they switch colors.

Renendaru

(Evol)ution is nothing without love.
Reaction score
Well just a classic riddle I've come across.

What object has keys that open no locks, space but no room, and you can enter but not go in?

A: A keyboard.

WarLuvr3393

Reaction score
wc3shady said:
I have some side ideas that aren't actually puzzles but they could be used in them.

Maybe some sort of maze where there is red fire, blue fire, green fire, and purple fire, each moving in different directions. Fire moves up, green down, purple right, blue left. You need to use switches and stuff to change them, so you can make it through the puzzle. And if two colors hit, they switch colors.

Care to elaborate more on this puzzle? This may be a good idea but I'm not seeing the big pictures.

Renendaru said:
Well just a classic riddle I've come across.

What object has keys that open no locks, space but no room, and you can enter but not go in?

A: A keyboard.

If you read my first post, I asked that riddles have to be apart of the puzzle. I don't want anymore "-keyboard" answers. I want the riddles to have a meaning and they're supposed to apply that answer to the puzzle.

rover2341 said:
Neat Game.

Lol? This is a suggestion thread...you're supposed to post a suggestion.

Metaldrummer

Reaction score
You could make a maze of colored teleporters, and each time you would have a few options, each a different color. When you teleport in, the color of the teleport effect would designate the next correct choice. Either that, or the order of color would be the player colors, i.e. Red, then Blue, then Teal, then Purple, etc. Or whichever way your unit is facing when you teleport in.

Another puzzle would be something like turning on certain switches in a certain order based on a clue word or phrase. Sorry I can't be more specific, but I can't think of a good example.

WarLuvr3393

Reaction score
You could make a maze of colored teleporters, and each time you would have a few options, each a different color. When you teleport in, the color of the teleport effect would designate the next correct choice. Either that, or the order of color would be the player colors, i.e. Red, then Blue, then Teal, then Purple, etc. Or whichever way your unit is facing when you teleport in.

Another puzzle would be something like turning on certain switches in a certain order based on a clue word or phrase. Sorry I can't be more specific, but I can't think of a good example.

1. You're going to have to elaborate more. I understand your idea, but I'm still trying to grasp the overall puzzle.

2. Do you have an example of a clue word I could use to depict the order of the switches. Elaborate please. :)

Anymore ideas?

Metaldrummer

Reaction score
Say, for the teleporters, there would be a group of rooms in which there would be four teleport pads, circles, whatever.

E=Where you enter the room
O=Teleport pad/circle
X=Open Area

All rooms would look like such:
OXO
XEX
OXO

Each teleporter would be tinted a certain color, and based on either the color of the effect around your character as you teleport in, or some other logical color order (i.e. the order of the player's colors), you must chose the correct teleporter to reach the end of the puzzle.

As for my other puzzle idea, I couldn't provide an example because I hadn't thought of one, and it was four in the morning. I was hoping you would get some ideas from it, and create an example better than this, but here is one I just came up with:

There are four switches, each with a letter above them (E, R, V, and S). You are given a key word: "reverse". In order to proceed, you must figure out the correct order to hit the switches. (For this example, you would hit the switches in this order: E, S, R, E, V, E, and R)

Andrewgosu

The Silent Pandaren Helper
Reaction score
I've always loved these kind of riddle maps and this one is no exception.

Congratulations, this is the Map of the Week #7!

No matter it's still even not in the beta...but like I said, a nice idea can win it also.

Anyway, looking forward for the release of this map!

WarLuvr3393

Reaction score
I've always loved these kind of riddle maps and this one is no exception.

Congratulations, this is the Map of the Week #7!

No matter it's still even not in the beta...but like I said, a nice idea can win it also.

Anyway, looking forward for the release of this map!

Thank you very much AndrewGosu, I'll be sure to get this map going.

Ideas are still being accepted, so please post them. :)

Jolly chap*

Reaction score
Are you willing to accept those classic puzzles for ideas? Such as, you have three wolves and three sheep on one side of the river. Help them get across the river with the raft that can carry up to two animals. If there are more wolves than sheep on any side, you lose.

... :p

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.