Other Puzzle and Riddles Map - |Map of the Week #7|

WarLuvr3393

Hmmm...too many things to play (WoW, COD4, WC3)
Reaction score
Are you willing to accept those classic puzzles for ideas? Such as, you have three wolves and three sheep on one side of the river. Help them get across the river with the raft that can carry up to two animals. If there are more wolves than sheep on any side, you lose.

... :p

I like that idea, I think I may do that.

Thanks.

Blackrage

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
You have a maze full of colored circles of power. Red, Green, Blue, Yellow, Purple, Teal, and Black. You also have a wisp somewhere that has 7 abilities: Change Red, Change Green, Change Blue, Change Yellow, Change Purple, Change Teal and Change Black. These are all target abilities. Once you target one of those abilities onto a circle of power, it will change ALL colors of that circle into the color you chose, but the color you chose will change into that circle's power. Once you step onto the maze the wisp will be hidden. Once you step out of the maze the wisp will be shown. You cannot go onto another color once you step in.

I also like the one wc3shady suggested. (Post # 7)

WarLuvr3393

Reaction score
You have a maze full of colored circles of power. Red, Green, Blue, Yellow, Purple, Teal, and Black. You also have a wisp somewhere that has 7 abilities: Change Red, Change Green, Change Blue, Change Yellow, Change Purple, Change Teal and Change Black. These are all target abilities. Once you target one of those abilities onto a circle of power, it will change ALL colors of that circle into the color you chose, but the color you chose will change into that circle's power. Once you step onto the maze the wisp will be hidden. Once you step out of the maze the wisp will be shown. You cannot go onto another color once you step in.

I also like the one wc3shady suggested. (Post # 7)

What's the objective of this puzzle?

vypur85

Hibernate
Reaction score
Since you're accepting classic ideas, I shall voice out some of my math ideas which I've gotten from comics. These are old school questions.

Question 1:
You have 10 bags of coins. Each bag contains 100 coins. Now, in the 10 bags, one of the bag contains all fake coins. A fake coin weigh 9 grams. A genuine coin weighs 10 grams. Now, you can only weigh once. How would you go about finding which bag has the fake coins?

Question 2:
There are 5 people. They need to cross a bridge. They have a lamp that can last for exactly 30 seconds. Every one of these individuals require specific time to cross the bridge (ie, movement speed).

Individual A = 1 second
Individual B = 3 seconds
Individual C = 6 seconds
Individual D = 8 seconds
Individual E = 12 seconds

Now, the bridge can only support 2 people at once. Once 2 people cross with the lamp, the other one needs to carry the lamp back for the remaining individuals.

Note: The faster individual needs to compromise the speed of the slower individual. Example, if A and E cross together, they will need 12 seconds time to reach across. Either one of them needs to bring back the lamp - time needed to walk back also counts.

How can all the 5 individuals make it within 30 seconds? What combination of individuals makes it possible for the to and fro process?

Some of you may have already heard these questions. If so, please....don't shoot me :p. Answers will not be given. Will be through PM. And these questions are completely do-able in WC3 world.

wraithseeker

Tired.
Reaction score
Another Idea

Madness World [Random Name]

All the players are stuck in a room where they have to try to escape from the mad people, ghoul or whatever units you want, they have to pass a question or have to escape from it with some strategry, e.g a zombie guarding a gun and they have to snatch it before the zombie infects him, and at the start, Anti infection potions should be given, 1 to each player.

Infection takes 10 second to set up and a player zombie should be alot stronger then a normal one.

Hope you like it.

Jolly chap*

Reaction score
A dice has 6 sides, with each side having a corresponding number from 1 to 6. So the chance to get a 6 when you roll the dice on top is naturally 1/6. The chance to get a second 6 in a row is 1/36 and to get a third 6 in a row is 1/216. If you manage to get all three 6's, what is the probability that you will get another 6 the next time?

The answer can be typed by the player.

WarLuvr3393

Reaction score
Since you're accepting classic ideas, I shall voice out some of my math ideas which I've gotten from comics. These are old school questions.

Question 1:
You have 10 bags of coins. Each bag contains 100 coins. Now, in the 10 bags, one of the bag contains all fake coins. A fake coin weigh 9 grams. A genuine coin weighs 10 grams. Now, you can only weigh once. How would you go about finding which bag has the fake coins?

Question 2:
There are 5 people. They need to cross a bridge. They have a lamp that can last for exactly 30 seconds. Every one of these individuals require specific time to cross the bridge (ie, movement speed).

Individual A = 1 second
Individual B = 3 seconds
Individual C = 6 seconds
Individual D = 8 seconds
Individual E = 12 seconds

Now, the bridge can only support 2 people at once. Once 2 people cross with the lamp, the other one needs to carry the lamp back for the remaining individuals.

Note: The faster individual needs to compromise the speed of the slower individual. Example, if A and E cross together, they will need 12 seconds time to reach across. Either one of them needs to bring back the lamp - time needed to walk back also counts.

How can all the 5 individuals make it within 30 seconds? What combination of individuals makes it possible for the to and fro process?

Some of you may have already heard these questions. If so, please....don't shoot me :p. Answers will not be given. Will be through PM. And these questions are completely do-able in WC3 world.

I have sent you a PM about your idea. Thank you.

Another Idea

Madness World [Random Name]

All the players are stuck in a room where they have to try to escape from the mad people, ghoul or whatever units you want, they have to pass a question or have to escape from it with some strategry, e.g a zombie guarding a gun and they have to snatch it before the zombie infects him, and at the start, Anti infection potions should be given, 1 to each player.

Infection takes 10 second to set up and a player zombie should be alot stronger then a normal one.

Hope you like it.

Thanks for your contribution, however this doesn't really sound like a puzzle, more like a zombie infection game. :p However, I have +rep'd you for your contribution. :)

A dice has 6 sides, with each side having a corresponding number from 1 to 6. So the chance to get a 6 when you roll the dice on top is naturally 1/6. The chance to get a second 6 in a row is 1/36 and to get a third 6 in a row is 1/216. If you manage to get all three 6's, what is the probability that you will get another 6 the next time?

The answer can be typed by the player.

If you read my original post, I said that all riddles need to be relating to a puzzle. I don't want anymore "-answer" riddles. Thanks though.

Lots of ideas. Thanks a bunch. Anymore ideas?

Jolly chap*

Reaction score
How about a solving mystery kind of thing? It will take a bit of time doing this but the main point of this "puzzle" is to solve let's say, a crime and you must gather information by talking to other people.

Another idea is you see these 5 towers with all different colours or shades. You must choose the correct tower for 5 peasants. Each peasant has a certain like for a tower and you must order the peasants to go inside the towers. Say for example:

Peasant 1 likes the green house.
Peasant 2 has to be beside Peasant 3.
Peasant 3 doesn't want to be next to Peasant 1.
Peasant 4 wants to be in between Peasant 1 and 2.
etc. etc.

Then once you insert the peasants in the tower, you have to click an ability to check if it's right or wrong.

Grundy

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
I would prefer them not to have riddles in them, but if you can make a riddle that cannot be just google'd and relates to the puzzle, then that's acceptable.

If we post ideas here with riddles, then wont google pick it up?

Heres an idea:
You have 3 buildings, Barracks, Guard Tower, and a Town Hall. You have 5 units that start in the Barracks: Peasant, Militia, Footman, Knight, and Paladin. Any unit can move to any building 1 at a time, but: no soldier can leave a building with lower ranked soldiers than itself left in the build; and no soldier can enter a tower that has lower ranked soldiers. the goal is to get all 5 soldiers to the Guard Tower ready to defend the "town" in under 50 moves. You could change that number if you want. To do it correctly on the 1st try takes 31 moves but if the 1st move you make is wrong and you don't realize it untill it's too late, it will take you 46 moves to get it right assuming you never mess up again.

In case it's not obvious, ranking goes from lowest to highest: peasant -> militia -> footman -> knight -> paladin

#2:
8 x 8 grid (or more) of breakable rock doodad thingies 3 peasants spawn at random places to replace the rocks. A fire sprite (lava elemental) is hiding inside one of the stones. You have to pick the right one and break it open to destroy the fire sprite! If you don't the grid is remade, fire sprite goes to a new spot and peasants move to new spots. The peasants give you clues to where the fire sprite is by telling you how hot they are in their position. "I'm burning up!", "i'm on fire", "I'm hot", "I'm warm", "I'm cold", "I'm freezing", whatever..., etc...

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.