Q&A Batch 52 - Discussion

Zwiebelchen

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
Am I the only one upset that the new language still isn't object orientated? I mean ... c'mon, I don't want retarded disguised-globals as struct replacement ... -_-'

Having to use 3rd party preprocessors sucks.

Slapshot136

Divide et impera
Reaction score
from what was said about the UI, i understood it as you can modify your own UI by replacing some files within the sc2 directory, but that means that you wont be able to define the UI within the map, and everyone else will just have the normal sc2 UI, can anyone clarify this?

ButcherBunny

Reaction score
Hm... I am a newbie. Do you mind telling me when vJass was created ? I beleave that there will be an upgrade for galaxy, but 2-3 years after the third expansion comes out.

Narks

Vastly intelligent whale-like being from the stars
Reaction score
If we are going to get a vGalaxy (or vBASS rofl), I think it would be out pretty quickly - now that these guys know what they are doing, it wouldn't be hard to replicate it for StarCraft II (especially if the editor supports it).

Vestras

Retired
Reaction score
Am I the only one upset that the new language still isn't object orientated? I mean ... c'mon, I don't want retarded disguised-globals as struct replacement ... -_-'

Having to use 3rd party preprocessors sucks.

What would you use OOP for anyways? It's not like modding a game requires anything super advanced, isn't events enough?

DarkRevenant

Mad Scientist
Reaction score
Obviously he wants a 3d-projectile collision and physics system that supports over 500 objects. Which OOP would be useful for.

BlowingKush

I hit the blunt but the blunt hit me.
Reaction score
So far I have seen NOTHING in regards to real time processing triggers.

This means, once again, we won't be able to make any arcade like games, or physics engines so that you could use the arrow keys or mouse to control units and make tons of games in that genere.

The only way to make a process loop is an event: Every .001 seconds
which #1) is gay #2)lags out the gaming engine #3)still allows alot of frame lag when ran on multiple units.

screw you Blizzard

Sevion

The DIY Ninja
Reaction score
Mouse To Control Units -> Trackables ;)

But that's only if they have it in BASS.

Looping -> Timers?

sqrage

Mega Super Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
>>This means, once again, we won't be able to make any arcade like games, or physics engines so that you could use the arrow keys or mouse to control units and make tons of games in that genere.

It's a map editor not a standalone game engine.

Sevion

The DIY Ninja
Reaction score
>>This means, once again, we won't be able to make any arcade like games, or physics engines so that you could use the arrow keys or mouse to control units and make tons of games in that genere.

It's a map editor not a standalone game engine.

SHH! I don't think he has no idea what he are thinking!

rover2341

Is riding a roller coaster...Wee!
Reaction score
object orientated. Would make roller coaster easier to rebuild.
But not by too much. It would just help make it cleaner.

ButcherBunny

Reaction score
This is a grave mistake for blizzards. Imagine how many more players will wc3 have if the WE was flexible to the point where you can make your own fps for example.

I mean, with the current standarts, this what is pretty much possible:

Melee/altered melee
RPG's
Some crap-arena maps
very limited mini games.

What is not possible:
Real FPS, like L4D for example
Real fighting games like, DMC or GOW or even PoP.

With all the respect for every map-maker and Blizzard, but the coolest and not so hard to make maps are left out. I think that this is a grave mistake. No, it won't hit the Star Editor, simply because, if something isn't made, the people don't know what they have been missing, but... just imagine, you run Starcraft II and you have a collection of... 40-50 maps, from every game style made... ever. Now, that is a game that will never go down.

I hope that you guys see my point and don't hate me for my statements, but this is the truth for me. What do you think ?

DarkRevenant

Mad Scientist
Reaction score
You CAN make those things. It's just much harder and the engine itself isn't suited for it.

Keep in mind, Starcraft II is a fucking RTS. If you really want a FPS mod, just pick another game like Half-Life 2, Unreal Tournament 3, etc to mod.

Sevion

The DIY Ninja
Reaction score
But those aren't as fun to mod. Jesus.

I'm making a something called NeoTrackers for WC3 :-/ Imagine Warcraft 3 for WII... kinda...... Keyboard == Nunchuck and Mouse == Wiimote?? Maybe?

chanta45

Reaction score
:eek:This time around, I honestly do think a pretty fluent FPS will be possible with SC2's editor. And if they improve the editor it with each expansion.. Who the hell knows, I think the SC2 editor is going to make a big big impact for a long time.

-NOTE- The hero system more flexible then warcraft 3, you can make more stats that effect certain things, like not just strength, intelligence, and agility, more then that, whatever you want, that alone I think is amazing and will open ALOT of doors... I can see alot of very in depth RPG's AoS types that will take huge advantage of that fact... I'm excited!

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.