Quest from buying item

Kayoss666

Reaction score
I am trying to figure out how to activate a quest by the character selecting/buying a item in a quest giver shop. i have the item set to use when bought so it doesn't take up a inventory slot. Right now my trigger is Event: Unit - Blake 0000 <gen> Uses an item. Condition: ((Item being manipulated) Equal to Clean_up_item. *which is a item variable of the item being bought*. Action: (1): Game - Display to (All players matching (((Triggering Unit) is in (Units owned by(Owner of (Triggering Unit)))) Equal to true) for 5 seconds the text: "Text". (2): Quest - Create a Optional quest titled Clean Up with the description "Text", using icon path ReplaceableTextures\CommandButtons\BTNAmbush.blp (3):Set QuestCBegin[(Player number of (Triggering player))] = true.

KaerfNomekop

Swim, fishies. Swim through the veil of steel.
Reaction score
Try using the event Sells an Item, with Sold Item replacing Item Being Manipulated.

Kayoss666

Reaction score
okay sell item worked with a few changes but now comes the turning the quest in. i played a game called twilights eve and in order to turn in a quest you had to be standing next to the guest giver then right click them again to turn the quest in. any have an idea how to do this? i figure the next to them is just a enter region event centered around the QG. but i don't know what the right click would be.

KaerfNomekop

Reaction score
Right-clicking most likely issues a "smart" order on the target. Try detecting that event.

KaerfNomekop

Reaction score
A "smart" order is typically issued when you right-click, be it on an item, unit or location. But this doesn't always happen, for example if the unit is Suicidal and has a Kaboom!-based ability. You can detect when an order is issued onto an object (your unit in this case), then check to see if the issued order is "smart".

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
Code:
Event
 Unit is given an order targeting an object
Condition
 Issued order == "smart"
 Target unit of issued order == SOME_QUEST_GUY
Actions
 Do stuff

Kayoss666

Reaction score
Smart command not work

I have tried the smart order in every possible combination i could think of. so i have added my map i will continue to work on it but any help will be helpful.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.