Tutorial Quest Types and How to Make them

dragonhord

Knowledge is true opinion. - Plato
Reaction score
Replaced all
Code:
 tags w/ [wc3] tags to make it look more presentable... Hopefully it's also a bit more noob friendly. Anyone care to give some feedback perhaps :D?

-OverpoweR-

Reaction score
4/5 for the guide, it takes around 10 or more times to read it in order to start understanding it(i mean for newbies like me xD), but its worth it ^^

feistaghelm

Reaction score
troble with finding code

I love your tutorial but I can't seem to make the code line for the last created special effect. The menu only gives the option for last quest created.

Trigger:
  • Set QuestEffects[1] = (Last Created Special Effect)

I made the QuestEffects variable with checking array and all but for the (Last Created Special Effect) part I can't find it in the menu at all.

feistaghelm

Reaction score
-OK. I figured out what my noobness was breaking... I now have the right variable type for the effects and the right variable type for the item.

Toggar

Reaction score
Cool

Well thanks to the guy who made this to begin with, but it was difficult to follow.

Im hoping someone can help me figure out the part in the Item Recovery Tutorial part.

Trigger:
  • Actions
    • Set Questcomplete(Player number of owner of Hero manipulating item) equal to Questcomplete(Player number of owner of Hero manipulating item) +1
    • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)

So that first line has me completely confused. I cannot figure out how to make it.
I start by making an action, then selecting "set variable"from the drop down list.
Then I set the variable to one I created titled: "QuestComplete" its variable type is Quest Array(1)
I then click on the [Index] and attempt to change it to "Player number of Hero manipulating Item" but it is not there.

Can anyone tell me what Im doing wrong and/or show me how to fix it?

CroMoX

Reaction score
i dont understand this part Set GreenDragonKills = (GreenDragonKills + 1) im trying to work out (GreenDragonKills + 1) but i cant find it. Can any1 please tell me how to get it right?

Equivalent

Reaction score
I can't get past the
"Set Questcomplete(Player number of owner of Hero manipulating item) equal to Questcomplete(Player number of owner of Hero manipulating item) +1"
Part...
Can someone explain it to me :| Sorry but I'm horrible with this... I get owner of item being manipulated and not owner of Hero manipulating item... Also after the = part i always get <something> in the last created hashtable... am I supposed to have that?

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.