Tutorial Quest Types and How to Make them

dragonhord

Knowledge is true opinion. - Plato
Reaction score
Hmm how can i make it more simple to understand... I'll try to make it a little less complex. I suppose ill explain everything lol. But that might make the page really really long haha.

D

Deathisme

Its english class all over again, seeing all those grammer and spelling replies makes my head hurt :(

The Helper

Necromancy Power over 9000
Staff member
Reaction score
Dont worry about it themasta since you have Negative (Red) Rep you dont give or take any rep away anyway. If you want to know more about Reputation check here

http://www.vbulletin.com/docs/html/main/reputation

Actually, if you read that whole document you will probably know more about reputation than most on this forum :D

Peace.

dragonhord

Reaction score
Oh ok i get it i have bad typing problems... So used to playing on bnet i abreviate everything. Matter of fact (Mof) Battle.Net There you go no abreviation and make all those i's I's :p .

The Helper

Necromancy Power over 9000
Staff member
Reaction score
Yes, proper formatting of your tutorial is important here. Hint - if you are not good at that kind of stuff find someone who is that will proofread your Tutorial for you. Should not be too much of a problem to find someone like that here if you try. My 2 cents worth.

dragonhord

Reaction score
The Helper said:
Yes, proper formatting of your tutorial is important here.
Ehe i kinda noticed :p. Btw what parts dont you understand themasta? Because i thought i explained it well enough and obviously i havent...

InfectedWithDrew

I used to go here a lot.
Reaction score
Why not open it in Word and spell check? A good looking tutorial doesn't look like something I wiped off my crack 10 mins ago.
jk

M

Maverick2002

In the part of the second one about unit kills that says "Set GreenDragonKills = (GreenDragonKills + 1)" how do you do the (GreenDragonKills + 1). i mean liekw hats the path i found a triggers thats like Set Variable it it comes out to "Set SandBugKills = (a function) so what am i doing wronge?

M

Maverick2002

Maverick2002 said:
In the part of the second one about unit kills that says "Set GreenDragonKills = (GreenDragonKills + 1)" how do you do the (GreenDragonKills + 1). i mean liekw hats the path i found a triggers thats like Set Variable it it comes out to "Set SandBugKills = (a function) so what am i doing wronge?

Also Whats the name of the aprt of the trigegr that says "GreenDragonKills Equal to 10" i cannt kind ether of them everything else was simple to find there just damn near impossiable to find.

Tyrulan

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
I'm having a bit of trouble understanding the first trigger example... I am new to this. You say special effects, destroy quests.. all that stuff. I cant find it in the options - finding this really hard. Help?

W

Wyvernoid

Yeah. Dragonhord, I think if your tutorial is really for newbies, don't just list the triggers. They might not find them. Explain how to do the triggers, though it would be tiresome work ;-) BUT, after that, your tutorial would be a 5/5 one. Really excellent work it would be.

For now, I just point out some of the questions above:
@Maverick2002:
1) You're doing nothing wrong ^^ I see that you've completed the part left of the "=". For the right part, click it and in the "function" part there should be something like "Value + 1". Just click the "Value" and from the "Variable" list, choose "GreenDragonKills".

2) From the Dropdown list (the one you see while editing a condition), choose "Integer Comparison", and you see "(Number of Units....) Equal to 0". Click the left "(Number of units...)" and from the "Variable" list, choose "GreenDragonKills". For that "0" just change it to 10.

dragonhord

Reaction score
I changed some things :D anything else anyone can see that needs changing? Too hard to understand anything like that?

dragonhord

Reaction score
Ok check it out now and tell me what you think. Got rid of all of the :D . And i made a trigger help section for the confusing triggers that seemed like they would be hard to understand.

NiKaNoRoU_GR

Reaction score
dragonhord said:
Ok check it out now and tell me what you think. Got rid of all of the :D . And i made a trigger help section for the confusing triggers that seemed like they would be hard to understand.
Very impressive.Now, if you definately want to use the :D , make some comments of ur own at the tutorials end and add them there :rolleyes:

dragonhord

Reaction score
Can my comment be about 200 :D's?? Haha J/k :p Thanks for the positive feedback :D . When i was typing up that last part man... I tried to type so many :D's it was'nt even funny... Had to back up and erase them like 10 - 15 times...

NiKaNoRoU_GR

Reaction score
dragonhord said:
Can my comment be about 200 :D's?? Haha J/k :p Thanks for the positive feedback :D . When i was typing up that last part man... I tried to type so many :D's it was'nt even funny... Had to back up and erase them like 10 - 15 times...
That hard work...I know what it's like when you do something you really admire,
and people keep coming to it saying it sucks and such things and
then you have to update all the time...and none of them gives credit to TRYING...

dragonhord

Reaction score
I dont know what happened to my rep :p I had about 100 before... now its gone completely... But that aside. I suppose I have to deal with the criticism because if it wasnt for smith and some of the other guys I would'nt have made the trigger help section :D . Thanks guys :D Thanking in my own tutorial? To other people? Kinda weird :p.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.