Tutorial Quest Types and How to Make them

dragonhord

Knowledge is true opinion. - Plato
Reaction score
Anyone mind giving me more feedback lol. Id like to know if its a good Tut or not :D . I wonder how many smileyfaces there were in this thread before i edited the tut...

dragonhord

Reaction score
People, rate the thread plz lol. Even though i think he already asked you in his own way for me :p haha. I want some feedback. Too hard to understand? Not enough info? What?!?!

NiKaNoRoU_GR

Reaction score
dragonhord said:
People, rate the thread plz lol. Even though i think he already asked you in his own way for me :p haha. I want some feedback. Too hard to understand? Not enough info? What?!?!
See ur thread rating :D

dragonhord

Reaction score
Cool 5 stars :p . Hopefully ill get more feedback haha. 5 stars... better than 4 stars. Worse than 6. Which from my knowledge isnt possible to get therefore woohoo!

NiKaNoRoU_GR

Reaction score
dragonhord said:
Cool 5 stars :p . Hopefully ill get more feedback haha. 5 stars... better than 4 stars. Worse than 6. Which from my knowledge isnt possible to get therefore woohoo!
6 stars...if you catch 6 stars from the sky, +rep :p .Btw, your improvements on your tutorial made it look official, good work ;)

dragonhord

Reaction score
Thank you, thank you :D. Btw... off topic

400th post :D!!! Itd be about my 700th but about 300 of my old posts got deleted. Any ideas why?

dragonhord

Reaction score
Chocobo said:
For Quest Types, most of them gives you a item reward, you should teach people on how to use Item Pools, so they can learn more. :p
Oh hadnt thought of that one :D . I'll add that right now as a matter of fact.

Chocobo

White-Flower
Reaction score
Item Pool contains a percentage to be chosen, like Item Drop Neutrals.

call RandomDistAddItem( ItemId, X )
Gives to Id item X% chance to get chosen

call RandomDistReset( )
Resets the Item Pool

call CreateItemLoc( RandomDistChoose(), GetUnitLoc(GetTriggerUnit()) )
Create a item from the Item Pool

Edit : Those functions exist in WEU as GUI.

dragonhord

Reaction score
I had thought more on the lines of a item reward for the quest short and simple haha. This is kind of a basic quest tutorial :p . Not often do quests give random items to the player.

Tyrulan

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
I need some help.... cant quite understand how you got this.

Actions
Special Effect - Destroy QuestEffects[1]

Where am I supposed to find that? Ive looked under Special effects and all it comes up with is Destroy [Last created special effect], need help finding the paths you took. Really confusing.

Tyrulan

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
So.. I figured out the QuestsEffect thing, thats using variables I would think? After that Im having problems with Set Quest[1] nad the rest. Now when you do Use Special Effect on Unit and the rest of those single line codes. Are those sepparate Triggers? Maybe you should say that cause I am totally lost......

Tyrulan

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
Thats not exactly helping me... lol - Just need some things set straight. Not how to find certain codes.

dragonhord

Reaction score
Im pretty sure i explained all of your questions in the tutorial. Look over it and see if you can find what you want. I explain how to find all of the trigger things. If you still need help let me know.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.