Tutorial Quest Types and How to Make them

P

PVblaa

Cool! Nice tutorial! But i also want to know how to make other types of quests. For example, i need to make a quest where you must build a town hall to complete. Also, i need one thing for my quest. You must find a unit. But you have only 5 minutes to do that, if the time reaches 00:00, the quest is failed. And i also would like to know, how to make a quest, that marks as failed, if your hero dies?

snowtiger

Reaction score
Cool! Nice tutorial! But i also want to know how to make other types of quests. For example, i need to make a quest where you must build a town hall to complete. Also, i need one thing for my quest. You must find a unit. But you have only 5 minutes to do that, if the time reaches 00:00, the quest is failed. And i also would like to know, how to make a quest, that marks as failed, if your hero dies?
For the town hall quest, make a trigger with
events:
Unit - A unit owned by Player 1 (Red) Finishes construction
Conditions:
(Unit-type of (Constructed structure)) Equal to Town Hall
Actions:
Quest - Mark (yourQuest) as Completed

I

ianthemad

Need help

Hi
I used this tutorial for my Warcraft map and it worked fine
But then I wanted to make a "Killing unit" quest just with the ability to kill a race (in my example the Satyr) I can't get it to work and would like some help plz :D

Plz answer fast :S
Can't continue my warcraft map until I get that info XD

dragonhord

Knowledge is true opinion. - Plato
Reaction score
Tutorial has been updated with some desired information, so let me know if its to vague, or if anythings wrong with it :D . I also fixed some errors I noticed before.

O

Orange_dude

Great tutorial but Im having trouble finding out how to get the condition for lost child (complete)

saio

Reaction score
Great tutorial but Im having trouble finding out how to get the condition for lost child (complete)
yep having troubles too. dragonhord can you save them on a empty map it will be easyer for all aspecialy for the newbs like me

Kazuga

Let the game begin...
Reaction score
Would be nice if you updated your progress in hole triggers instead of one line here and one line here. If this tutorial is supposed to be for noobs (like me when it comes to quest making) it's extremely hard to follow how the hell you think! I'm trying to create a "kill unit" quest but can't follow your logic cause you jump over parts and don't give full examples. 2/5.

T

Turminator8

Would be nice if you updated your progress in hole triggers instead of one line here and one line here. If this tutorial is supposed to be for noobs (like me when it comes to quest making) it's extremely hard to follow how the hell you think! I'm trying to create a "kill unit" quest but can't follow your logic cause you jump over parts and don't give full examples. 2/5.

I agree with Kazuga. You need to make things A LOT clearer. I haad trouble with the very first part... Where do you find the code:
Set Quests[1] = (Last created quest)
2/5

C

caspos

Help

I used your quide but I got a problem :banghead: I can walk 6 times thoew the quest thing and I get the Quest 6 times :S how can I fix that

D

Dynasty.

Well I was looking at your tutorial (I'm completly new to this world editor) and I don't understand where i put the codes you give us. Like for example where do i put the "kill a unit" quest codes? Do i make a action, event, condition? Am I even in the right place? :confused:
Please answer

mgsfan18

Reaction score
Well I was looking at your tutorial (I'm completly new to this world editor) and I don't understand where i put the codes you give us. Like for example where do i put the "kill a unit" quest codes? Do i make a action, event, condition? Am I even in the right place? :confused:
Please answer

events are used to TRIGGER what you want to be done. Example you can have when a certain unit dies to every 3 seconds.

actions are what you want to be done when your Event takes place. Example
EVENT: every 2 seconds
ACTION: player 1(red) current gold increases by 1

and lastly conditions are needed to make sure your actions are used only when needed. Example

EVENT: every 2 seconds
CONDITION: player 1(red) unit town hall is dead-false
ACTION: player 1(red) current gold increases by 1

*this allows play 1(red) to keep receiving 1 every 2 seconds until his town hall is destroyed*

If you need any help with this PM as I will probably not go back on this thread.

Persepeikko

Reaction score
You could have explained more about how to make a variable for noobs like me. Didnt help me at all because i don't understand how variables work:banghead:. Otherwise just great. 3/5

dragonhord

Knowledge is true opinion. - Plato
Reaction score
Hmmm.... I updated the tutorial hopefully better accommodating for newcomers to the trigger editor... Let me know if it helped a bit more.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.