Question about events

INCINERATE

Reaction score
lets say i use many events such as "a unit starts the effect of an ability"

or "a unit is attacked", or "a unit dies" etc etc

does this mean that during a game, lets say i have 100 triggered events with " a unit starts the effect of an ability". Is this checking Every single event with that name everytime any hero in the game casts a spell? . even though it might be in the nano seconds of time it takes to check, if this is true, isn't this a highly non efficient setup going on here? ( this applies to all events im asking about if this is indeed true)

also question.. for triggers that run once, such as map initialization.. does it make any difference if i destroy them after?

Laiev

Hey Listen!!
Reaction score
lets say i use many events such as "a unit starts the effect of an ability"

or "a unit is attacked", or "a unit dies" etc etc

does this mean that during a game, lets say i have 100 triggered events with " a unit starts the effect of an ability". Is this checking Every single event with that name everytime any hero in the game casts a spell?
no, this mean everytime a UNIT, hero, non-hero, every UNIT cast an ability will run the trigger.
. even though it might be in the nano seconds of time it takes to check, if this is true, isn't this a highly non efficient setup going on here? ( this applies to all events im asking about if this is indeed true)
True, or less or something like this, no matter, this don't will lag EXCEPT every 0.01-0.02 trigger, which is very low time in periodic timer which probably will lag in slow computers

also question.. for triggers that run once, such as map initialization.. does it make any difference if i destroy them after?
I don't think so

Nenad

~Choco Coronet~ Omnomnom
Reaction score
The time it takes to check the triggers is incredibly small. Just look at GDD for example. The GDD_Event (whenever a unit takes damage) will run almost all the time in the map. And yet it never lags. There's no difference since the actual conditions of the trigger determine whether or not the triggers will lag.

If you want to make a map lag using these events alone, you would probably need next to 10000 units on the map, which the engine and warcraft itself doesn't support anyway.

And if a trigger runs once and then is over, it doesn't run more, it makes no difference if you destroy it or not.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.