Question about my Corrosive Tower

MissKerrigan

Reaction score
Hello Starcraft 2 editors,

I duplicated the 'Corruption Ability' 5 times and called this 'Corrusion' and I programmed the next:

Corrosive Tower 1: when creep hit by this tower, the targeted creeps gets +10% damage of towers
Corrosive Tower 2: when creep hit by this tower, the targeted creeps gets +20% damage of towers
Corrosive Tower 3: when creep hit by this tower, the targeted creeps gets +30% damage of towers
Corrosive Tower 4: when creep hit by this tower, the targeted creeps gets +40% damage of towers
Corrosive Tower 5: when creep hit by this tower, the targeted creeps gets +50% damage of towers

When a creep get's hit by the Corrosive Tower, is get something brown on it
What I actually want, is that the targeted creep turns into a blue color (just like pacman, when you eat a special dot, the ghost turns blue)
The Corrosive behavior takes 10 seconds, so after 10 seconds the creep must turn back to white if it still lives ofcourse :)

Does anybody know what I'm saying here?
How do you add actors to Abilities anyway? (just like the fungal growth, some green stuff)

MissKerrigan

Dave312

Censored for your safe viewing
Reaction score
When you duplicated the Corruption ability, did you also duplicate the corruption behaviour? If you did, did you also duplicate the Corruption Model actor? Either case will mean the brown corruption model will be shown on the unit when the unit gets the behaviour.

Depending on which objects you duplicated, you will need to find Corruption Model actor which is tied to your ability. If you tell me which objects you duplicated, then I can narrow down which actor you need to find. Once you find this actor, edit the Event: Events + property and deleted these 2 events (they may not look exactly like this):
Code:
Behaviour.Corruption.On
   Create

Behaviour.Corruption.Off
   AnimBracketStop BSD

To make a unit turn blue when they have the Corrosive behaviour, you need to find the Actor base class for units. This is called GenericUnitBase. Typically, you need to add an event to the units actor which causes the unit to change colour when the behaviour is applied. However you will want this to take effect for all units, so rather than adding these events to every unit, you can add it to the base class which means it will be copied across to every actor which is based on this one. So find the GenericUnitBase actor, edit the Event: Events + property and add the following events:
Code:
Behaviour.<YOUR_CORROSIVE_BEHAVIOUR>.On
   SetTintColor 0,0,255

Behaviour.<YOUR_CORROSIVE_BEHAVIOUR>.Off
   SetTintColor 255,255,255

NOTE: When setting the tint to blue, if you specify a label, then you can use the Clear Tint Color actor instead of setting the colour back to 255,255,255

If you get stuck with this, let me know and I'll try to explain it a bit more.

Extra model effects are normally added via actor events. I suggest you read the this tutorial as it covers this subject fairly well.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.