question about programming.

midnight8

NUON & Atari VCS Forum Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
What software do you need to program for the nuon. I want to start reading and earning about it but I want to make sure what I read and software I get is going to be useful to what I am doing. Also I assume I can burn anything I would make strait to cdr. Will the player read dvd r also?

midnight8

Staff member
Reaction score
What software do you need to program for the nuon. I want to start reading and earning about it but I want to make sure what I read and software I get is going to be useful to what I am doing. Also I assume I can burn anything I would make strait to cdr. Will the player read drd r also?

well i found the sdk on this site. I guess now my question is what programming languages can I use and software should I buy or download. As far as programming experience Many years ago I used to do some msdos based stuff using power basic, qbasic and to a lesser extent the old borland c++. I think it said you could use c language but what would be best for me to use.

Skah T

Former VML engineer
Reaction score
Best would be straight C. I think there's a C++, but have never tried it myself.

Start with the samples included in the SDK. Modify them, add to them, understand them. You'll be on your way :)

midnight8

Staff member
Reaction score
do you use and ide and if so which one? or are use just using a text editor

midnight8

Staff member
Reaction score
will any program written i c compile and run for the nuon as long as you program the controller or is there something i'm not catching? Forgive me for the stupid questions.

Skah T

Former VML engineer
Reaction score
If it compiles, any program will try to run. Whether it does anything useful, or crashes altogether, is another question.

There are things you need to do to set up the screen, read controller input, etc.

Again, I'd take a look at the samples in the SDK and try to understand how they do what they do.

E

EugeneE

One way to learn how to program the NUON, would be to look at the source code included in the NUON SDK & modifying the source code is one way to learn to program the NUON.

Or start out by writing small snippets of code to learn also.

Some of you might remember me from the old VM Labs forums and the old Nuon Dome forums. I still remember the old member named Millon who started problems with us with his XBOX talk all the time.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.