Question about set unit movement speed

Kayoss666

Reaction score
if you had
Trigger:
  • Set thiefspeed = (Integer((Current movement speed of (Casting unit))))
    • Unit - Set (Casting unit) movement speed to (((Current movement speed of (Casting unit)) / 100.00) x 50.00)
    • Wait 5.00 seconds
    • Unit - Set (Casting unit) movement speed to (Real(thiefspeed))
would that give you half the (units base speed with ability bonuses) or would set that as its movement speed then re-add the bonuses from your abilities?

LurkerAspect

Now officially a Super Lurker
Reaction score
Hi there Kayoss666 :D

I believe it will give you half the unit's speed plus bonuses, because you are using the "current movement speed" option, so you can safely assume that. If you used the "default move speed", then it would ignore the bonuses entirely and give you half the units base speed.

Also, just a little note, you can just go (Current movement speed of (Casting unit))/2 instead of what you currently have ;) it seems a bit long winded, unless you're just using fixed variables for example purposes.

Hope it works!

Kayoss666

Reaction score
Hi there Kayoss666 :D

I believe it will give you half the unit's speed plus bonuses, because you are using the "current movement speed" option, so you can safely assume that. If you used the "default move speed", then it would ignore the bonuses entirely and give you half the units base speed.

Also, just a little note, you can just go (Current movement speed of (Casting unit))/2 instead of what you currently have ;) it seems a bit long winded, unless you're just using fixed variables for example purposes.

Hope it works!

i am using this form because it is activated by the use of a skill and as the skill levels up that 50 becomes 55, 60, 65, 70. but actual it doesn't give half cuz it wont do decimals it reads 270 / 100 as 3 not 2.7. anyone know how to get it to be 2.7?

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.