Question about "triggering player"

F

Frockner

Hello again, everyone. In the middle of a map i am making, a dialog appears and gives the players choices. Each dialog button allows the player to create units, buildings, etc. So in my trigger my event is "a dialog button has been clicked" then the condition "clicked dialog button equal to... etc."

Here is where my question comes in. In my actions, lets say i want to create a unit called... the Dark Lord. So would i create the Dark Lord for the triggering player (being the one who is clicking the dialog button)? I had it set as a variable before but there were problems, but as long as its set on triggering player, then those units will ONLY be created for the person clicking on the dialog button, right? Because that's what i want to happen.

As a variable my problem was that the units were not being created for the right people so i don't think thats the right way to go about it.

In some of those triggers, i have triggers that are like "for each integer, do trigger etc." and the trigger it runs creates more units. In that second trigger do i still create the units for the triggering player?

I'm sorry if i sound confusing, anything you need clarified please ask. Thank you in advance for any help you could offer.

S

s-H-a-D-o-W

You were right, you choose the triggering player,
and i dont get what you mean the second question.

AceHart

Your Friendly Neighborhood Admin
Reaction score
> As a variable my problem was that the units were not being created for the right people so i don't think thats the right way to go about it.

Hm... that actually was the way to go...

Set <some variable of type player> = (Triggering Player)
and use that variable everywhere.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.