Question on Auras

Mindless

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I'm wondering if I can make Brilliance Aura have effect on all units on the map, enemy, allies, neutral, friend, structures... everything. Any idea how can I achieve this?

Any help would be appreciated.

duderock101

Check out my 2 Player Co-op RPG!
Reaction score
create your aura and set the Area of Affect to 999999 and set tick all targets allowed

Inflicted

Currently inactive
Reaction score
create your aura and set the Area of Affect to 999999 and set tick all targets allowed

Lol, what he said. But dont obviously tick debris and destrctables etc.

No need to give those things aura's.
Also note that it might affect structures, the buff might be hidden. Take note of that.

tommerbob

Minecraft. :D
Reaction score
Something else to consider is that you cannot remove the buff from an aura via triggers, so unless you are dealing with the origin of the Aura, you can't manipulate it at all.

What are you trying to achieve? Maybe there is a better solution?

Mindless

Reaction score
Actually, I'm trying to achieve the cloud ability making all units under its effect unselectable. However, my game is turn based (meaning each player gets 60 seconds to either move a unit or cast and ability) so a simple setting of the duration in the ability fields will not work as a player can then simply wait for the buff to end.

This is my idea: after the dragonhawk cast cloud, I'll create a dummy unit with the brilliance aura (with the fields edited to give a buff of Cloud) that affects the all the units in the range. I'll add an expiration timer to it and pause the timer whenever it is the enemy's turn, so the opponent can't "wait it out". Then I'll start the expiration timer when its your turn again. Obviously you can choose not to do anything in your turn and wait for the buff to end. Then, I'll have a trigger that goes: whenever a unit is selected, on the condition that it has the buff Cloud, deselect that unit.

I don't know if this is the best way, any other suggestion is welcome.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.