Question on Skyboxes

Mindless

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

Is there any way to make a skybox in Sc2 game? I found there are some skybox models so I was wondering if it could be used in-game.

Any help would be appreciated.

Adovid

Reaction score
In the data editor you can modify it under texture sets and pick the tile set you are using and set "background model(fixed)" to one of the sky boxes. Some of them don't work.

If you are having trouble seeing the sky, use a camera and modify it's far clipping-- for some reason far clipping cuts off sky boxes.

Mindless

Reaction score
I tried using the trigger Set Background Model, it doesn't seem to work (i.e. the sky is still pitch black).

I think it may be the problem with Far Clipping.

Can you explain that a bit more? Like how far should I set it in order to see the sky?

Sensang

TH.net Regular
Reaction score
I tried using the trigger Set Background Model, it doesn't seem to work (i.e. the sky is still pitch black).

I think it may be the problem with Far Clipping.

Can you explain that a bit more? Like how far should I set it in order to see the sky?

I think someone said something about it being different for different terrains. That it's not possible to add a skybox on a map that didnt have one to begin with.
But maybe Im mistaken because Ive heard that some while ago...

skelieman

Reaction score
Actually I believe your right on only certain maps. If I remember correctly the very first defualt map that it's on when you click create a map works. I don't recall the name but it's just the defualt one.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.