Votes: 18 72.0%
  • No.(Continue It)

Votes: 7 28.0%

• Total voters

Crazy_Dead

Reaction score
Sorry for Polling This.

->

I've been working on a map for 1.3 years now. It's so messy. I have 4 heroes, and was thinking of 20 of them from the start, all with coded abilites. And they are, 4 of them. Terrain is Done. I have only the spells Triggerred. I'm so tired of this map.(Good vs Evil, I bet that there is another AoS with that Name.)

So the question: Should i quit it, and put my life to vJASS spells and systems?

Poll time. Yes or No on the question above ^.

Sir Gordon

Decent User (I'm as good as you)
Reaction score
That really depends on you, not us. If you really admire the effort you put in this map, I would say you shouldn't quit it. As for the name and context, you can always change it.

Moridin

Snow Leopard
Reaction score
Depends on you really. I know that I don't have the stomach for vJASS right now so I'm sticking to GUI. If you feel like you want to continue your map, go for it.

mapguy

Reaction score
I create maps because I like.
I use GUI because I'm lazy.

It depends on you if you use JASS or GUI and depends on you if make or not maps.

Creating maps is a creative job, you must like what you do to do it right. If you don't like to make maps, STOP NOW!

Dinowc

don't expect anything, prepare for everything
Reaction score
I'm so tired of this map
I say quit it then

there's no point of making a map if you're not 100% into it

since you're tired of it, you lost the motivation and without it you can't finish it

and even when it's finished, it's still needs to be constantly worked on, because the map soon becomes old and outdated

it's really hard and frustrating to create maps all by yourself, at least for me

that's why I stick to spell making

Dirac

Reaction score
Read Dinowc's subtitle "Failure is success if we learn from it."

i voted for yes

Crazy_Dead

Reaction score
You all have right. Dinowc's title says everything. So i keep to creating spells and systems, helping other people doing maps.
Thanks!

Aedes

Reaction score
continue what you have started. don't give up! fight fight fight! :thup:

Saintbob

Reaction score
Sorry for Polling This.

->

I've been working on a map for 1.3 years now. It's so messy. I have 4 heroes, and was thinking of 20 of them from the start, all with coded abilites. And they are, 4 of them. Terrain is Done. I have only the spells Triggerred. I'm so tired of this map.(Good vs Evil, I bet that there is another AoS with that Name.)

So the question: Should i quit it, and put my life to vJASS spells and systems?

Poll time. Yes or No on the question above ^.

How about posting this Map of your's and let us take a look, perhaps asking for someone to help you finish the map, bring this long project to a nice a close.
If its taken you around 1.3 years to get to where you are, i would imagine you would atleast have a something playable to share with us.
Let some people help you.

Or if you prefer to things solo, then atleast keep working at it, you never know how good the map will be received if you don't finish it, plus you will only regret deleting it or not finishing it in the long run.

Just my thoughts, but if you are getting tired of it, take a break or work flat out one week and try to get it finished then release it.

Anyways im going to stop rambling on.

Good luck mate, and i hope you find you're passion again for the map you started :D

death_knight

Dark is the heart of a corrupted man.
Reaction score
I would love to say continue it, but if you have no motivation to finish, then there's not point, because you're not going to put as much effort in if you've lost your enthusiasm. Instead, I recommend you post the map up for two reasons:

1. If someone or a group of people is willing, they can finish it and give credit to you
  2. People can learn from the triggers you've put on already.

But it's really up to you what you do with this map.

INCINERATE

Reaction score
i say quit it and put your effort into something that will be atleast played .. there is already so much AOS map out there that even if you finish this the map its just going to be another statistic.. Get sc2 and start a revolution. There will be alot more player base there .. The fact is, unless you have a host bot on war3, The map will be going no-where (good luck with manual host). War3 is dead . Just switch over to sc2 and make some nice maps That will actually be played :)

sorry for being brutally honest

jhnam95

Reaction score
1.3 years is a long time. If you're tired of it, you might as well take a break, but I'm sure something about the map will eventually draw you back to work on it again. If you've worked on it for so long, you probably will come back to it eventually.

Crazy_Dead

Reaction score
i say quit it and put your effort into something that will be atleast played .. there is already so much AOS map out there that even if you finish this the map its just going to be another statistic.. Get sc2 and start a revolution. There will be alot more player base there .. The fact is, unless you have a host bot on war3, The map will be going no-where (good luck with manual host). War3 is dead . Just switch over to sc2 and make some nice maps That will actually be played :)

Really love this post. Will do!

mapguy

Reaction score

WC3 is not really dead...

a few people will still play it.

I will, for sure, start editing on SC2, but, first, Ill finish my AOS on WC3, and then, I jump to SC2.

(when is SC2 official release date?)

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • The Helper The Helper:
    The bots will show up as users online in the forum software but they do not show up in my stats tracking. I am sure there are bots in the stats but the way alot of the bots treat the site do not show up on the stats
  • Varine Varine:
    I want to build a filtration system for my 3d printer, and that shit is so much more complicated than I thought it would be
  • Varine Varine:
    Apparently ABS emits styrene particulates which can be like .2 micrometers, which idk if the VOC detectors I have can even catch that
  • Varine Varine:
    Anyway I need to get some of those sensors and two air pressure sensors installed before an after the filters, which I need to figure out how to calculate the necessary pressure for and I have yet to find anything that tells me how to actually do that, just the cfm ratings
  • Varine Varine:
    And then I have to set up an arduino board to read those sensors, which I also don't know very much about but I have a whole bunch of crash course things for that
  • Varine Varine:
    These sensors are also a lot more than I thought they would be. Like 5 to 10 each, idk why but I assumed they would be like 2 dollars
  • Varine Varine:
    Another issue I'm learning is that a lot of the air quality sensors don't work at very high ambient temperatures. I'm planning on heating this enclosure to like 60C or so, and that's the upper limit of their functionality
  • Varine Varine:
    Although I don't know if I need to actually actively heat it or just let the plate and hotend bring the ambient temp to whatever it will, but even then I need to figure out an exfiltration for hot air. I think I kind of know what to do but it's still fucking confusing
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Maybe you could find some of that information from AC tech - like how they detect freon and such
  • Varine Varine:
    That's mostly what I've been looking at
  • Varine Varine:
    I don't think I'm dealing with quite the same pressures though, at the very least its a significantly smaller system. For the time being I'm just going to put together a quick scrubby box though and hope it works good enough to not make my house toxic
  • Varine Varine:
    I mean I don't use this enough to pose any significant danger I don't think, but I would still rather not be throwing styrene all over the air
  • The Helper The Helper:
    New dessert added to recipes Southern Pecan Praline Cake https://www.thehelper.net/threads/recipe-southern-pecan-praline-cake.193555/
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Another bot invasion 493 members online most of them bots that do not show up on stats
  • Varine Varine:
    I'm looking at a solid 378 guests, but 3 members. Of which two are me and VSNES. The third is unlisted, which makes me think its a ghost.
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Some members choose invisibility mode
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I bitch about Xenforo sometimes but it really is full featured you just have to really know what you are doing to get the most out of it.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    It is just not easy to fix styles and customize but it definitely can be done
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I do know this - xenforo dropped the ball by not keeping the vbulletin reputation comments as a feature. The loss of the Reputation comments data when we switched to Xenforo really was the death knell for the site when it came to all the users that left. I know I missed it so much and I got way less interested in the site when that feature was gone and I run the site.
  • Blackveiled Blackveiled:
    People love rep, lol
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    The recipe today is Sloppy Joe Casserole - one of my faves LOL https://www.thehelper.net/threads/sloppy-joe-casserole-with-manwich.193585/
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Decided to put up a healthier type recipe to mix it up - Honey Garlic Shrimp Stir-Fry https://www.thehelper.net/threads/recipe-honey-garlic-shrimp-stir-fry.193595/
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Here is another comfort food favorite - Million Dollar Casserole - https://www.thehelper.net/threads/recipe-million-dollar-casserole.193614/

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.