Questions about Glaxy Editor features

Tom_Kazansky

--- wraith it ! ---
Reaction score
I'm a WC3 mapper, I'm planning to switch to Galaxy Editor. I have some questions about its features:

• dynamic tooltip: I have an ability that deals 100 + 2.5 * Str damage, I want to calculate this and show it in the tooltip, this is more convenient for players right?, is it possible?

• custom "cost": there are life/energy/mineral/gas cost, can I have my own custom "cost"? shield cost, maybe, or my own resources :p

• fake info panel icon: the icons I'm talking about are:
    infopanel.jpg

yes, it's the Attack and Armor, can I have a fake one, only to show info?

• keyboard event: I wanna do thing like: press the key X and minimize/maximize multiboard, is it possible?

• mouse event: right now I don't have things that would use this, just asking. Are there mouse events on UI, dialog, ground/unit/... ?

• armor value %: armor value in SCII is flat number, right? can I have % like WC3? or I have to trigger this?

• can floating texts be "aligned": can I center-align a floating text?

• unit bars: like health/energy bars that are shown when Alt is hold, can I have a custom/fake one? or it has to "depend" on other things?

(EDIT)
  • unit model: can this be changed 'easily' ? in WC3 this requires using Chaos ability :banghead:

• upgrade: can upgrades be down-graded?

(EDIT, again)
  • pathing: are there pathing on units/buildings/trees/cliffs? I mean can I allow a unit to go through other units but not buildings?

Thanks in advance! :)

X-maul

AKA: Demtrod
Reaction score
At the moment I do not know much about the editor, as I'm still exploring, but I do know this:
Keyboard Events:
You can use this event:
Code:
        UI - Player Any Player presses X key Down with shift Allow, control Allow, alt Allow

X-maul

AKA: Demtrod
Reaction score
Oh, why not? It's exciting :) Loads of new features and improved graphics :D

celerisk

When Zerg floweth, life is good
Reaction score
- dynamic tooltip: I have an ability that deals 100 + 2.5 * Str damage...

Well, you can get something like (1 + 0.6^x) by stacking a behavior...
And, yes, the text module allows references (tried, works) and formulas (never tried them).

- custom "cost": there are life/energy/mineral/gas cost, can I have my own custom "cost"? shield cost, maybe, or my own resources :p

One "custom" resource is already provided. It's called "custom" :p
Yes, you can add more if that still makes sense.

- fake info panel icon: can I have a fake one, only to show info?

Perhaps.
I know that attributes can (or not) show on the unit...

- keyboard event: I wanna do thing like: press the key X and minimize/maximize multiboard, is it possible?

Yes.

- mouse event: right now I don't have things that would use this, just asking. Are there mouse events on UI, dialog, ground/unit/... ?

Generally, yes.
Though... UI? Dialog? Clicks work. Things like "does the mouse hover over the GUI?"... not that much, no.

- armor value %: armor value in SCII is flat number, right? can I have % like WC3? or I have to trigger this?

See "dynamic tooltip".

- can floating texts be "aligned": can I center-align a floating text?

I haven't the foggiest.
Though, all Blizzard examples are centered, and I dare say that's automagic.

- unit bars: like health/energy bars that are shown when Alt is hold, can I have a custom/fake one? or it has to "depend" on other things?

Presumably there's some type of custom bars... never tried them though.

- unit model: can this be changed 'easily' ? in WC3 this requires using Chaos ability :banghead:

Define easily.
You can create as many "morph" abilities as needed, even automatic ones.

- upgrade: can upgrades be down-graded?

Yes. Just setting them to the required level will do.

- pathing: are there pathing on units/buildings/trees/cliffs? I mean can I allow a unit to go through other units but not buildings?

Well, there's the footprint editor...
Very flexible. And, just as the rest... it needs work. Mostly from your side :p

GFreak45

I didnt slap you, i high 5'd your face.
Reaction score
you should search making heroes for your fake info panel question

there is a way to create fake attribute displays etc, play sotis (storm of the imperial sanctum) for a perfect example of this

Siretu

Starcraft 2 Editor Moderator
Reaction score
>> dynamic tooltip: I have an ability that deals 100 + 2.5 * Str damage...

>Well, you can get something like (1 + 0.6^x) by stacking a behavior...
>And, yes, the text module allows references (tried, works) and formulas (never tried them).

I also think there's some way to reference specific data fields, I just don't remember how to do it atm.

>> fake info panel icon: can I have a fake one, only to show info?

>Perhaps.
>I know that attributes can (or not) show on the unit...

Why not just make a custom armor, apply it to your unit and modify it to fit your needs?

>> mouse event: right now I don't have things that would use this, just asking. Are there mouse events on UI, dialog, ground/unit/... ?

>Generally, yes.
>Though... UI? Dialog? Clicks work. Things like "does the mouse hover over the GUI?"... not that much, no.

There is an event for when a mouse enters a dialog item.

>> armor value %: armor value in SCII is flat number, right? can I have % like WC3? or I have to trigger this?

> See "dynamic tooltip".

I don't know how your answer for dynamic tooltip relates to this, but yes, it think it has built-in support for that, otherwise it's doable in the data editor without triggers.

>> unit bars: like health/energy bars that are shown when Alt is hold, can I have a custom/fake one? or it has to "depend" on other things?

> Presumably there's some type of custom bars... never tried them though.

I don't understand why you can't use the normal ones... Although, with the recent addition of attaching dialogs to units, you could always do it with dialogs, although it would be some work.

>> unit model: can this be changed 'easily' ? in WC3 this requires using Chaos ability :banghead:

> Define easily.
> You can create as many "morph" abilities as needed, even automatic ones.

Yes, pretty easily with actors. Zerglings are an example of this, they swap models when they get the metabolic boost upgrade

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.