Questions about preloading.

CrazyWolf

Reaction score
Hi everyone

I have read the topics; Reducing lag and Memory leaking but i dont understand some things and i hope you can help me;

1.How exactly do i preload units?I mean when my map starts i must create them at map initialization or after 1 sec from the moment the game starts with the trigger; Creat a unit at position.... or just have them already at my map and just kill them after the game ends?

2.Where the trigger Game - Preload file and Preload Batch refer to and what their use?

3.Where the trigger Game Begin Preloading refers to and what its use?

I hope u can help me.

ayumilove

Youtube account suspended! youtube.com/ayumilove8
Reaction score
create a dummy unit, place your custom abilities inside the dummy

that is called preloading abilities

some guys are so newbie that they place so many newbie triggers of theirs
in the map initialization, till my screensaver able to pop out.. waited so long
(-.-o)

and some guys who are so bored with their life, created super complex system
that ask the user to wait another 5-6 minutes for the system to load after
map initialization. map initialization is done in loading screen for your information.

Tinki3

Special Member
Reaction score
1.How exactly do i preload units?I mean when my map starts i must create them at map initialization or after 1 sec from the moment the game starts with the trigger; Creat a unit at position.... or just have them already at my map and just kill them after the game ends?
To preload units, just place 1 of each unit your map creates during gameplay, in a little corner of your map. Then, have a trigger that removes all of the units when the game starts.

This will reduce initial lag when creating these units.

Only do this for units that aren't pre-placed on your map.

Mr Zero

Junior Regular (Got the T-shirt)
Reaction score
Remember you can do it as well with items for reduce the lag if you have recipes ;)

CrazyWolf

Reaction score
And what about the triggers i mention?(BEGIN PRELOADING,PRELOAD FILE,PRELOAD BATCH)What is their role?

lh2705

Just another Helper
Reaction score
Preload File preloads that specific model that you select so that it doesnt lag a little on first sight.

CrazyWolf

Reaction score
Preload File preloads that specific model that you select so that it doesnt lag a little on first sight.

So this means all above have no reason?(putting a unit into my map nad then killing it for preloading)

AceHart

Your Friendly Neighborhood Admin
Reaction score
Putting a unit on the map and removing it in one simple loop at map init is infinitely simpler that getting the model, skin, sound and other paths used by that unit, for all units...

Preload file comes in handy though for special effects.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.