Questions! Easy Peasy ~

TheGosuBox

Reaction score
1. Why can't I place units on the map? It appears as a red highlight, and it won't let me place it on the ground.

2. How do I make it so that the "Blink" ability by the Stalkers don't require the upgrade - they already have the ability right from the beginning of the game?

3. I am well experienced with the WarCraft 3 World Editor, I was wondering if the triggering for the Galaxy Editor works the same (more or less).

Joker(Div)

Always Here..
Reaction score
1. You didn't give your new unit an actor. Look up custom unit creation tutorials to create new units properly.

3. Can't you figure this out by testing it out for like 10 seconds? The GUI is very similar but it has many more features that war3 GUI didn't. The Jass equivalent for SC2 has minimal support.

Please check the Tutorial Repository.

Dave312

Censored for your safe viewing
Reaction score
1. You're not trying to place units outside the bounds of the map? You should turn on the map bounds (View > Show Terrain > Show Bounds)

2. Just use a trigger that runs on map initialization.

3. It is very similar to WC3 with a few add-ons. Just experiment with it and you should pick it up fairly easily.

onisagi

Reaction score
1. Dave's guess sounds more likely, since you see a red highlighted unit... it means it has an actor already, or at least a placement model. Most likely the area you're placing in is unpathable. Turn on pathing layer as well under View->Show Layer. Possibly due to either it being the lowest cliff level, outside of playable bounds, or over unpathable markers/brushing/actors

2. To do it in the data module, either modify Requirements or remove the requirement from the Ability.
Removing it from the ability:
Data Type: Abilities -> "Stalker - Blink" -> Commands + -> select the Execute command requirements, press red X on the bottom right to remove "Use Blink" requirement.

or Modifying requirements:
Data Type: Requirements -> "Use Blink" -> Delete/change stuff under "Requirement +" field

while you at it, you can also change the cooldown time by going to
Abilities -> "Stalker - Blink" -> "Cost +"
select the Cost that is there already and scroll down to Cooldown -> Time Use (default: 10)

3. very similar, if you've triggered well in WC3, you'll do fine with SC2. Also the triggers all convert into galaxy code in the background when you save, which can be viewed by going to Data -> View Script. And if you're good at programming you'll be able to do alot more by writing custom scripts.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.