Quests and "}"

Chocobo

White-Flower
Reaction score
How to make quests accept the sign "}"?

For instance, you have the following quest info (that's stupid to write that but it's only an example) :

Code:
[COLOR="Red"]Median of {4,5,6,7}[/COLOR][COLOR="Blue"] is 5.5?[/COLOR]

And in game you will see :

Code:
[COLOR="Red"]Median of {4,5,6,7[/COLOR]

but I want to see

Code:
[COLOR="Red"]Median of {4,5,6,7}[/COLOR] [COLOR="Blue"]is 5.5?[/COLOR]

How to make quests accept the symbol "}".

note: I need "}" for lists so they are more readable. [] used for matrix, () for logic operations for a fixed amount of terms.

edit : it seems Worldedit eats also all after "}" included in quests when you save the map.

off-topic : How to make the Trigger Editor read all triggers 1 by 1 in the list it is used in the Trigger Editor (example: {Trigger 1, Trigger 2, Trigger 3, Trigger 4, Trigger 5} in this order)?

lets say :
Code:
Trigger 1 : created first in the Trigger Editor
Trigger 2 : created 3rd
Trigger 3 : created 4th
Trigger 4 : created 5th
Trigger 5 : created 2nd

but the result in war3map.j would be :
Code:
Trigger 1
Trigger 5
Trigger 2
Trigger 3
Trigger 4

and I want :
Code:
Trigger 1
Trigger 2
Trigger 3
Trigger 4
Trigger 5

this question is for preloading queue purpose in the loading screen.

off-topic #2 : How to pick all units with ability Locust? (lets say there are more than 100 unit-types (sfx mainly) with Locust and you want to pick all of them in a short amount of lines)

BlackRose

Forum User
Reaction score
off-topic #2 : How to pick all units with ability Locust? (lets say there are more than 100 unit-types (sfx mainly) with Locust and you want to pick all of them in a short amount of lines)

Try adding a dummy skilled "Marker" to each dummy unit-type, and picking every unit within a group whose level skill of "Marker" is greater than 0 and then doing actions.

EDIT: I tried and units with locust aren't picked up by the Pick Ever Units thingy, maybe someone else knows? I removed and it worked, maybe you can remove locust and just set model to none.

How to make quests accept the sign "}"?

Why is Blizzard so weird?

Chocobo

White-Flower
Reaction score
>EDIT: I tried and units with locust aren't picked up by the Pick Ever Units thingy, maybe someone else knows? I removed and it worked, maybe you can remove locust and just set model to none.

not possible, they are special effects. I don't want to import 50 times the same model with modified angle / colour.

Locusted units can only be picked by Pick Every Units of TYPE.

>Try adding a dummy skilled "Marker" to each dummy unit-type, and picking every unit within a group whose level skill of "Marker" is greater than 0 and then doing actions.

not possible to do that (read before)

Sir Gordon

Decent User (I'm as good as you)
Reaction score
IT IS possible, just use strings in each description instead of row value. That way you can have the editor read the certain character.

takethat

Reaction score
if you meant locust the ability that can not be edit, not locust swarm,
then i can tell you, there is no way to use pick unit to define a unit with locust. locust can not be select by selection drag nor puting them into a unitgroup.

BlackRose

Forum User
Reaction score

You really mean 100? Anyways, what do you want to do with it? Fly them up? Move them left? Can't you just loop through the dummy units, each having a unit array value thingy.

Chocobo

White-Flower
Reaction score
>nor puting them into a unitgroup.
wrong. (read before)

>You really mean 100? Anyways, what do you want to do with it? Fly them up? Move them left? Can't you just loop through the dummy units, each having a unit array value thingy.

well I think I'll use a custom dummy function creation so I can put them in groups each time I create one (I think there is no easier way). in my map I have about 1000 custom objects with about 85 dummy sfx from imported models.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.