Quests-Just Like In The Game...

M

MarshalRevan

Well this is my first post here so I hope this is where it's supposed to be.

I am no trouble getting my Quests to actually work, the problem is that I can't get the big fancy writing to appear with New Quest like in the actual game. I want this to be a campaign map so the quests are quite important.

Secondly I knida don't understand the game cache very well.

Finaly I have looked through the Forum and the Helper site but they only give basic trigger quest and campaign tutorialage so if someone has a more advanced one I would be grateful. Oh and if any of this is impossible then please tell me...

Sim

Forum Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
> I can't get the big fancy writing to appear with New Quest like in the actual game.

And that is?

Rheias

New Helper (I got over 2000 posts)
Reaction score
First question: What?

Second: Game Cache can hold some information that can be accessed by strings. Not only that, but it can load different maps if it is a single player map.

Knocksious

Sweet, I got 2 little green bars!
Reaction score
First question:
Action > Quest - Display Quest Message

Second Question:
Me neither

exge

Reaction score
2nd question : game cache is like a hash table - if you have any other programming experience
allows you to lookup stuff by the name that its stored by usually a string
which makes it very fast and thats why its used in handle vars

M

MarshalRevan

Well I was kinda wanting something that wasn't just the white message-ill post what i can do later. If someone could give me one of the offical campaign maps then I could do it.

And well the game cache i'm sure i'll find a tutorial for it...

M

MarshalRevan

...Right that was noobish, I got the Quest problem fixed. Now how will I use the game cache to store a unit and then reload it in another map?

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.