Spell Quicksand

Viikuna

No Marlo no game.
Reaction score
Well its the weird thing about spells. Sometimes spells are mostly about code, so it is almost enough if guy just posts their code only.

Sometimes spells are more about models and images and stuff. I wanted to do a spell like that, because Im mostly a coder guy, who only does code and stuff and not so much cool models and effects and thingies.

But the main thingy in spell making is the idea. You need to think something cool that happens when spell is casted and everything.

This spell is all about units drowning in the sand, which is kinda cool I think.

The model itself has pretty limited uses really. Of course you can do almost anything with this custom impaling model method, but this one cant really used to anything else but this spell.

Narks

Vastly intelligent whale-like being from the stars
Reaction score
Perhaps a tutorial on how to utilise custom impale models would be appreciated, rather then the custom impale model itself.

Viikuna

No Marlo no game.
Reaction score
That would be a modelling tutorial.

I know some modelling ( enough to make stuff like this ), but I dont really know all those modelling words and stuff like that to write a proper tutorial. ( + Im too lazy to write a one anyways. I once tried to write a tutorial about how to attach data to timers in Jass and it was really terrible tutorial and I try not to think about it no more )

Anyways and anyways. I think if you just read some basic modelling theory stuff and this thread, you can do your own custom impale model using spells.

edit. Or do you mean how to aply custom impale effect to unit? That is some simple dummy caster stuff that can be done with both Jass and GUI depending on which one you prefer.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.