Quite possibly the most arrogance I've ever seen contained in a single post

Sud

"[If life=Dota] I'd have quit long ago" -- Acehart
Reaction score
I just had to share this with you guys. It just made my eyes roll into my head.

Complaints over DotA

Enthusiast

Group: Global Moderator
Member No.: 5

It has come to my attention that there is an excessive amount of whining and complaining. With this annoucement, I want the whiners out there to understand a few things,

1. IceFrog spends countless hours debugging, optimizing, as well as making various changes so that YOU can enjoy a game. Making new versions for you is NOT his job.

2. You are using a free forum hosted on a server that costs $450 a month. Bot server not included. You didn't paid jack.

3. If you have a suggestion and we don't take note of it, don't use our resource to complain over something you don't deserve in the first place.

As harsh as it may sound

We do NOT owe you a frequently updated, free of charge, custom map
We do NOT owe you free forums
We do NOT owe you leaver free games

You have what you have because dota-allstars gave it to you, on NO ground can you demand anything from us. I do NOT want to hear any more of,

"IceFrog doesn't listen"
"I want more new heroes"
"OMG SO IMBA..."
"If he doesn't have time, give it to someone who does."

If I see anymore complaints, I must ask you to kindly to relieve your posting ability from this forum or I will do it for you.

The ungratefulness ends here.

The noob with a werewolf sig has spoken.

This makes me wish that there was a requirement that you read each post you make aloud before you post it. My take on this?

1. Why would anyone care how much time Icefrog put in the map when Icefrog/Guinsoo didn't care how much time Eul put into the map?

2. Free forums come with google ads at the top. Oh look, how strange! So does THEIR forum. Plus why would you try to hold a $450 a month server against your community when it's YOUR CHOICE to use a server that costs that much? Don't like the cost, get a proboards board, it's just as good as any forum you could ever want.

3. I don't owe him any more of my attention.

<3 the helper because he's cool and not arrogant

Last edited by a moderator:

1JadedJen

Send Lawyers, Guns and Money
Reaction score
Holy crap, my thought on this is, if it's such a pain in the a$$ to have people on your forums, why bother having a forum at all?

SD_Ryoko

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
Small note.

Since they GOT those google ads, they have been violating google adsense policy agreements.

They have 'Support DotA Allstars.com' above it, which is outlined as 'an incentive to click' voilation by google policies, and 'drives up the PPC cost for our customers.'

Yet they havn't been repremanded for it, like others on the google forum.

Sud

Reaction score
I almost think it's a huge case of e-narcissism. They want all the accolade and kudos of modifying someone else's map into something that got popular, but not the feedback and criticism that comes with it.

This is true Ryoko, I know another, smaller, forum that had its google ads yanked because they went from $3 a week to $3 a day because people actually started clicking the ads

1JadedJen

Reaction score
Hmmm, if we really wanted to be mean, Google could be notified of their abuse ....... ;)

1JadedJen

Reaction score
Yeah, you're right, but then, how would they know who it was who reported it? or even that it was reported? what if google themselves just happened to catch it?
But yes, in the end you are right, let them do their thing and they will self destruct eventually and our hands will be clean LOL

Sud

Reaction score
All we have to do to get Ryoko into fightin' mode is remind him that one of the little turds off their forum put him on their banlist!

DM Cross

You want to see a magic trick?
Reaction score
There is no point to argue with people this stupid.

Why?

Because no matter how much sense and logic you make against them, they're still going to think you're wrong, in their own little ways.

Idiots.

Sud

Reaction score
But Al, that's not just one of "them".

That's one of their frigging MODERATORS

as in, intelligence that low has the ability to BAN ACCOUNTS etc.

A scary scary thing.

DM Cross

Reaction score
Sud said:
But Al, that's not just one of "them".

That's one of their frigging MODERATORS

as in, intelligence that low has the ability to BAN ACCOUNTS etc.

A scary scary thing.

Stop calling me Al. It was only funny when someone said it the first time, that's not my name.

And this is why you don't go to forums run by people stupid enough to think they're perfect in every way and what they say is law, when really they're just groping for a chance to control SOMETHING and SOMEONE because they have no control over themselves.

The Lord and Master as spoken.

Sud

Reaction score
Hey hey, if you want to get REALLY technical I'd have to start calling you "Protector of mankind" because that's what Alexander means and that's a lot to type!

Unfortunately those forums are starting to get retarded amounts of power. You'll notice that people are starting to enforce the TDA banlist - in PUBLIC games. You know that with people like that representing that particular organization, there is going to be a VERY high % of abuse entries (actually just read down the banlist one day when you're bored and have some time, you'll see entries like "BOOYAH TOLD U I CAN BAN" or something similar to that end).

DM Cross

Reaction score
Sud said:
Hey hey, if you want to get REALLY technical I'd have to start calling you "Protector of mankind" because that's what Alexander means and that's a lot to type!

Alexander, at least MY name, is the first name of Alexander Stinda, a character from a book who's also a Vampire and has absolutely no intention of protecting much of anyone.

Sud said:
Unfortunately those forums are starting to get retarded amounts of power. You'll notice that people are starting to enforce the TDA banlist - in PUBLIC games. You know that with people like that representing that particular organization, there is going to be a VERY high % of abuse entries (actually just read down the banlist one day when you're bored and have some time, you'll see entries like "BOOYAH TOLD U I CAN BAN" or something similar to that end).

Don't play DotA then. :)

Sud

Reaction score
Alexander, at least MY name, is the first name of Alexander Stinda, a character from a book who's also a Vampire and has absolutely no intention of protecting much of anyone.

A touch of irony, makes for a good name.

Don't play DotA then.

Haha you already know I don't from previous threads :p

But people do have the tendancy to use them in other maps. Hell, I've seen people enforce TDA bans in 1v1 obs games before

DM Cross

Reaction score
Sud said:
A touch of irony, makes for a good name.

Alexander's been a favorite name of mine since I was a kid. I wish my real name was Alexander. It just sounds all "whoa, ALEXANDER" ish.

Sud said:
But people do have the tendancy to use them in other maps. Hell, I've seen people enforce TDA bans in 1v1 obs games before

Don't play with idiots like this. The map's going to leak out and be up for DL somewhere, find it. Play it yourself without TDA bans and stupid peices of shit excuses for people who are going to die old and lonely due to the fact that stupid people can't find anyone stupid enough to love them.

Vicious mood today.

Malice-

Endlessly Known
Reaction score
You know ryoko, they BUY their skins from a website that I have actualy come across before. It is a website that sells vB skins, I've seen all the dota skins there. God I wish I knew it by heart. SO if they did sell it to you, and keep the money for it, they would technically be breaking the law.

Sud

Reaction score
I bet they gave you warn % points too along with it, didn't they?

DM Cross

Reaction score
SD_Ryoko said:
Yeah I just posted if any of those guys that make those sigs would be interested in making a skin for the tutorial site.

And of course, I got repremanded. Funny huh?

Behold, your standard:

P R I C K
R R I C C
I I I I I
C C I R R
K C I R P

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.