Cinematic Ragnar's Journey

Battlemapsta

I am the Conduit of Change
Reaction score
Hello everybody. I'm here to introduce what is actually my first published work but also a pretty unique one in the fact that it's made out of boredom and randomness.

Ragnar's Journey

This map is a cinematic that recreates the beginning of the single player cinematic of the game Rune (Which is a really amazing Viking Norse killing game). It also is a trailer for that it presents different scenes together.

This took me about 2 days to make using several custom resources with credits given in the loading screen. The file size is really big I know but it's a cinematic so I don't find this much of an issue.

This map after completion also gave me a little idea. I would like people's opinions on weather I should recreate the single player of Rune based on this cinematic. I personally don't want to start early and stop later so it's best to know people's opinions on this.

The triggering in this is also all gui except for a repeated line of jass I used so it's not leakless but then again, I'm not exactly adept on the triggering front.

Enjoy and please post feedback.

Link: http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/maps-564/ragnars-journey-134231/

thewrongvine

The Evolved Panda Commandant
Reaction score
That was pretty epic! :thup:
Awesome how you had the sounds and voicing from the game. (did you record the talking, or was it from like the game)
The animations were nice too with the attacking and fighting like in reality instead of just hitting until death.
Story was nice, and interesting.

Some things to work on:
-Terrain was good, just decent, but could've been better to match the standards of the other better parts of the cinematic, :) Like make it more realistic with more doodads, and the arena place, I think that was a bad tileset for that place
-Not sure how to say this, just polish things up, like make sure the bodies are pushed down in height so that they actually lie on the floor instead of floating in the air, heh
-Valient is spelled Valiant, :p

Camera was fine, but you didn't really change it even once. It was just panning most of the time, that's okay, but you could move it around sometimes, to make it more intense and interesting. Like zoom in on one person, and closer to the face, occasionally when talking. Camera can also be used nicely to emphasize some parts like if you're doing an attack in slow-motion.

But anyways, it's really good, :) I like it. Are you going to continue it?

~Hai-Bye-Vine~

Battlemapsta

I am the Conduit of Change
Reaction score
Thx for the feedback, since I have time on my hands I might as well improvise upon it.

And I actually used an extractor program to get the sounds from my rune folder. (I still play the game a lot :D)

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.