US News Ralph Nader to run for president

The Helper

Necromancy Power over 9000
Staff member
Reaction score
Ralph Nader has announced plans to run again for the US presidency.

The anti-establishment consumer advocate made the announcement in a televised interview on Sunday.

Mr Nader was accused by many Democrats of handing the presidency to George W Bush in the November 2000 elections. He ran again unsuccessfully in 2004.

------------------
Complete downer for the Democrats. Lucky for the Republicans Ron Paul is not going independent. I don't know how much impact Nader will have on Obama though as I firmly believe he will win the nomination barring any dirty tricks by the Clinton side. If Obama is the Democratic Nominee Nader is going to have almost null effect but he will provide an extreme outlet.

Last edited:

esb

Because none of us are as cruel as all of us.
Reaction score
Can't he do the same he did with Bush? It's like a sure win.

The Helper

Staff member
Reaction score
Probably not if Obama is the candidate. He would hurt Hilary like that though, imho.

Ghan

Administrator - Servers are fun
Staff member
Reaction score
> Ron Paul is not going independent.

He isn't?
Darn. I was hoping he would. Ron Paul is far superior to all of those others out there. Of course, that's not hard, in my opinion....

Anyway.
Nader can't be expecting to do a whole lot.
I wonder if people begin to expect his candidacy and don't really care when he runs anymore. :p

The Helper

Staff member
Reaction score
> Ron Paul is not going independent.

He isn't?
Darn. I was hoping he would. Ron Paul is far superior to all of those others out there. Of course, that's not hard, in my opinion....

He does not want to lose his place in the House of Representatives. I don't blame him because there at least he has a voice that is being recorded. He will probably not formally endorse Mc Cain but most of his supporters will go ahead and vote the straight republican ticket just because it is easier - or not vote at all out of disgust.

He will be one of the best funded Texas House Repulican Candidates out there. He will not have a problem getting back into the House of Representatives but he could forget about ever going back there if he went independent and ever hope to have support of the Republican Party. Ron Paul is a Republican basically but real old school super conservative really libertarian and will never get the mainstream because he is too set on some real big issues that I do not think can be worked out in his lifetime.

Seb!

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
Nader, IMO, is probably one of the biggest killers in the world. He, by himself, has literally murdered thousands, maybe hundreds of thousands.

Two elections ago , he got like 2.5 percent of the vote.. Al Gore's vote. By doing this, HE put Bush into office. The conservatives went on to ruin the surplus, Europe, health care etc. ... But this is nothing new. Its Ralph Nader's fault just as much as theirs!

The Helper

Staff member
Reaction score
He wasn't the total reason behind that. Florida election fraud was a nice backup plan :D

Seb!

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
LOL yes but 2.5 more towards Gore would have made the whole Florida thing unnecessary. Is it possible that Nader is a republican incognito?

The Helper

Staff member
Reaction score
I don't know enough about the democratic party to comment any further on this subject.

seph ir oth

Mod'n Dat News Jon
Reaction score
His supporters "want to spread his message", whatever that is.

Oh well, I'm a McCain man xD

...not sayin I'm Republican, just that I agree on more topics with McCain than either Obama or Clinton.

Varine

And as the moon rises, we shall prepare for war
Reaction score
Yes, let's all get Ron Paul in office so that we no longer pay taxes and we can watch our economy drown, and then we can watch as the Middle East gets even more fucked up... great idea.

Isn't a bit late for him to announce this now?

Miz

Administrator
Reaction score
Independent FTW!

Although I dislike Nadar, he is an environmentalist like me. I really just don't like how he acts though.

New_U.S.

ITS OVER 9000!
Reaction score
I started laughing when he did that on Meet the Press this morning. He's just taking Democratic votes. Normally this would make me pissed, but I really don't believe Republicans have much of a chance. I'm guessing Obama will win the Democratic nomination, then President. Way to much momentum for him now.

hi_im_bob

......and you are?
Reaction score
Nader, IMO, is probably one of the biggest killers in the world. He, by himself, has literally murdered thousands, maybe hundreds of thousands.

Two elections ago , he got like 2.5 percent of the vote.. Al Gore's vote. By doing this, HE put Bush into office. The conservatives went on to ruin the surplus, Europe, health care etc. ... But this is nothing new. Its Ralph Nader's fault just as much as theirs!
Oh yah im sure that if nader was not on the ballot then everyone would have voted for gore, definitely. And no dont worry the republicans didnt go on to ruin the surpluss, Europe, and healthcare. Surpluss and healthcare where all ready done for 10 years ago and Europe screwed themselves over.

General chit-chat
Help Users

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.