Random Interesting YouTube video thread Archive - The OG!

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Helper

Necromancy Power over 9000
Staff member
Reaction score
Until the late nineteenth century, approximately one ship was mysteriously lost at sea each and every day. Back then, pirates, mythical krakens, or even Poseidon could be blamed for ships' disappearance. With the development of shipping and the introduction of new technologies, that number has decreased, but even up to twenty oh five, at least two ships per week continued to suffer sudden wrecks, taking many lives to the bottom of the ocean.

The Helper

Staff member
Reaction score
I imagined this survival shelter to live in peace far from the madness of the cities, here I will cultivate, hunt, fish and improve my hut. I used dead wood for the structure, earth and stones to build the fireplace and all the natural materials I found around me. The magic of this forest did the rest.

The Helper

Staff member
Reaction score
Rock & roll was under attack during the mid-’80s. As the music got more theatrical and provocative and MTV gave it a national platform, America’s youth screamed for more. It was obvious that pop music was experiencing a revolution it hadn’t seen since Elvis swiveled his hips on The Ed Sullivan Show. Enter Dee Snider and his band, Twisted Sister.

This is a great story. There was nobody better than Dee Snider of Twisted sister to represent Rock and Roll at this congressional hearing.

The Helper

Staff member
Reaction score
In the late 1970s, the heads at Winnebago teamed up with a small avaition company to create the weirdest and most extravagant recreation vehicle ever: The Helihome. A fully furnished flying home based on the body of a surplus Sikorsky helicopter. Years later, the story of the helihome continues to captivate and I wanted to find the true story behind these bizzare machines.

The Helper

Staff member
Reaction score
Looks like lots of people are calling out Brendan Schaub as a major no talent Douche!

The Helper

Staff member
Reaction score
Too bad Pawn Stars is all staged but this is a good one!

Bonus Clip
Rick is in a world of pure imagination when he goes to L.A. to see the largest complete collection of on-screen props from 1971's classic "Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory" in this clip from "La La Land".

Last edited:

The Helper

Staff member
Reaction score
Space Farming On A Mars Colony! NASA recently was able to grow a plant utilizing lunar solar, and even more recently China's space rover made a surprising water discovery at a Mars landing site... so let's dive into how farming could work on a Mars colony.

The Helper

Staff member
Reaction score
Steve Keen is a heterodox economist and author.

You can definitely learn a few things listening to this discussion!

The Helper

Staff member
Reaction score
I have heard this question asked many times over the years, so I have decided to make my very first Paleo Analysis video about this subject and dive into the reasons why crocodiles still exist today despite being around during the time when the meteor struck the earth and ended the age of dinosaurs.

The Helper

Staff member
Reaction score
Is faster-than-light (FTL) travel possible? In most discussions of this, we get hung up on the physics of particular ideas, such as wormholes or warp drives. But today, we take a more zoomed out approach that addresses all FTL propulsion - as well as FTL messaging. Because it turns out that they all allow for time travel. Join us today as we explore why this is so and the profound consequences that ensue.

The Helper

Staff member
Reaction score
In 1990 I did interviews with 180 baby boomers talking about their lives during the 1960s for my television series, Making Sense of the Sixties. This is a clip of poet and educator Bill Ehrhart from one of those interviews - a very articulate Vietnam veteran who joined the military with patriotism in his heart. He has written a book on his experiences - Vietnam-Perkasie: A Combat Marine Memoir

The Helper

Staff member
Reaction score
Mars wasn't always a cold and barren world ruled by raging dust storms covering the entire planet. Instead, it was warm, had lakes of liquid water, and was possibly habitable for a short period in its history. This dramatic transition of the Red Planet is generally attributed to the loss of its magnetic field. A planet's magnetic field is a fundamental ingredient that decides the course of events there. It's an entity that can cause the difference between life and death.

The Helper

Staff member
Reaction score
NASA has used 'gray tape' to solve a few problems in space, but the season 2 finale of 'For All Mankind' includes a scene with a pair of astronauts improvising a pressure suit from oxygen masks and duct tape. And it turns out that this isn't as ridiculous as you might imagine, a pressure suit doesn't need to provide atmospheric pressure, but mechanical pressure and the strength of material required is well within that provided by off the shelf tape.

The Helper

Staff member
Reaction score
Analysis of the question Did Sauron know about Gandalf.

The Helper

Staff member
Reaction score
Inside the Viking clash with Native Americans around 1000 AD. Leif Erikson reaches North America, and the Vikings who follow his expedition soon encounter locals, whom they later call “Skraeling.” In the land they know as Vinland, these Scandinavians meet the ancestors of the Dorset or Beothuk people. We sift through some of the myths surrounding these stories, examine the ruins at L’Anse Aux Meadows, and present the newest research on this history.

The Helper

Staff member
Reaction score
Cars vs Square Pit in the game BeamNG.Drive. In this video you will see how cars get into a square pit on the road. Which accident did you like best?

The Helper

Staff member
Reaction score
Dead in the center of Australia is a not so secret CIA base surrounded by desert what is the purpose? This video attempts to answer.

The Helper

Staff member
Reaction score
Ex Jewel Thief Larry Lawton explains five unwritten rules of a Police Traffic Stop. New drivers, those with a driver's permit or learner's permit pay attention. Larry's suggestions on what to do and what not to while driving may come in handy in an actual police traffic stop - even for potential DUI.

The Helper

Staff member
Reaction score
This is a recap of the 2020 movie The Banker, which tells a true entrepreneurial story. In the United States in the 1950s, a black man who suffered from discrimination worked hard in a world dominated by whites and built a business empire.

Status
Not open for further replies.
General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.