Randomly (short) questions

MissKerrigan

Reaction score
1. Tint Color

How do I tint the color of the firebat to 'blue'?

(this seems impossible because the firebat is already 'red' of itself)

2. Model

How do I add models to effects?

(the yamato gun has also a blast when it strikes)

3. Range Actor

I gave the towers of my tower defense the 'siege_tank_protected_range' actor
How do I program it so that my allies only see this if THEY select the tower and not if the player ITSELF has selected it?

4. Behavior Icon

(hard one)

I created an aura that gives 10% damage on towers and is able to stack (tower defense)
If the aura tower affects a tower, the tower get's an icon '+10% damage'

The problem here is when 2 aura towers affects a tower, the tower get's 2 icons of '+10% damage'
Is there a way of create an icon with '+20% damage' if 2 aura towers affects a tower? and '+30% damage' if 3 aura's affect tower etc...

5. Map Preview

When logging in to battlen.net. and click 'join game' there is a list of games
Now if holding the mouse button over the games there is a map preview of the games, how create this map preview in the editor?

(I already checked it's not the option 'map info' loading screen, because this is the loading screen before the game starts)

6. 'Dancing Queen'

I don't actually know to discribe this the best, but the queen is 'acting' wrong when attack
The queen has the 'spines' it always shoots but she is not moving her nose in front when fire, she just lifts her claws and makes weird moves at the cooldown

Does anyone what I'm talking about here? :)

7. Timing Of Damage

I created a search effect of a nuclear bomb, and gave it a radius of 12
I used the 'Scout_Death' actor for this, and scaled the actor to 4/5
Here is my problem:

The effect must damage the units which are at the edge of the 'search' LATER
What's I'm trying to say is that when the bomb explode, first the units near the bomb must take damage, and later the units in edge of the bomb
It's a little bit unreal to see units explode in radius 8 of the bomb, when it just explodes

8. Sound Problem

I don't know why, but when 'dark templars' dies, for some reason you can hear their sound all over the map, even if not have focussed the camera on them

9. Stun Effect

I gave the immortal a 'stun' effect and the units are stunned, this works pretty fine but here is the issue:

While stunned, the units are still making their animation, is there a way to suspress this?

10. Hydralisk Attack

How do I stop the hydralisk from making this stupid moves when it's attacking?

(the hydralisks are not having a disco are they?)

11. Sound Problem

When medics are death, they screaming very loud, so I set the sound of them to 50%
For some reason, the sound is not lowering, does anybody knows why?

12. Jumping effect

Does anybody know how I can make a 'jump effect' for the roach?

(every 3 seconds they are moving, they must make a 'jump')

I can continue this for hours if I want, but I think this already seems a bit unorganized
You DON'T need to anwser all question if you don't want, just the one you know

I'm SORRY if I am flooding the forum by all this posts, but I assume I hear when you don't like it

MissKerrigan

X-maul

AKA: Demtrod
Reaction score
1. Tint Color

How do I tint the color of the firebat to 'blue'?

(this seems impossible because the firebat is already 'red' of itself)
For this you go into the actor for the unit and add a new event and change it to Unit Birth and set the Source Name to the unit the actor is linked to (Firebat in your case) than you change the ActionImpact (thats the defualt loaded one i gues) to "Set Tint Color" and change it to what you want :) If you did it right it should look something like that:
Code:
UnitBirth.YOURUNIT
    Set TintColor {SOME COLOR NUMBERS}

6. 'Dancing Queen'

I don't actually know to discribe this the best, but the queen is 'acting' wrong when attack
The queen has the 'spines' it always shoots but she is not moving her nose in front when fire, she just lifts her claws and makes weird moves at the cooldown

Does anyone what I'm talking about here? :)
Uhm is it a tower? And do you mean that it does not turn around when attacking?

7. Timing Of Damage

I created a search effect of a nuclear bomb, and gave it a radius of 12
I used the 'Scout_Death' actor for this, and scaled the actor to 4/5
Here is my problem:

The effect must damage the units which are at the edge of the 'search' LATER
What's I'm trying to say is that when the bomb explode, first the units near the bomb must take damage, and later the units in edge of the bomb
It's a little bit unreal to see units explode in radius 8 of the bomb, when it just explodes
hmm - well as far as I know you will have to have two search effects - as I am not the strongest with the data editor I would do it with a trigger where you first damage all enemy units within 4, and adding them to a unit group, and 0.5 sec later all units within 12 range (excluding the units within the unit group stored before).

10. Hydralisk Attack

How do I stop the hydralisk from making this stupid moves when it's attacking?

(the hydralisks are not having a disco are they?)
You would have to check under the actor events, there are some events already there, that start a looping animation on the model that is stopped when the units stops attacking. Try changing the animation.

11. Sound Problem

When medics are death, they screaming very loud, so I set the sound of them to 50%
For some reason, the sound is not lowering, does anybody knows why?
Please specify where you changed the sound :)

I can continue this for hours if I want, but I think this already seems a bit unorganized
You DON'T need to anwser all question if you don't want, just the one you know

I'm SORRY if I am flooding the forum by all this posts, but I assume I hear when you don't like it

MissKerrigan
It's not a problem (atleast not for me). It's a good thing that someone keeps this forum alive :) There's not many people on here, so you asking a lot of questions just keeps people coming (and maybe helping others at a later point).

Dave312

Censored for your safe viewing
Reaction score
1) I assume you mean that you want to change only the red part to blue rather than tinting the whole unit? You would need to export the diffuse texture for the Firebat and manually replace the red parts with blue using Photoshop or a similar program.

2) You need to create an actor for the model (base it on ModelAnimationStyleOneShot for models that just play one animation and are then removed, or ModelAnimationStyleContinuous for models that loop an animation). Then you need to use an actor event to create the model when desired. An event like this should do the trick in most cases:
Code:
Effect.[Your_Effect].Start
  Create

5) Go Map -> Map Info. Down the bottom there is two fields: Preview Image - Small and Preview Image - Large. Change them both to Custom Image and select the image you want to use.

9) You need to the following actor events to your unit:
Code:
Behaviour.[Your_Stun_Behaviour].On
  AnimSetPausedAll

Behaviour.[Your_Stun_Behaviour].Off
  AnimSetPausedAll 0

10) You can remove/change the attack animation of a unit by deleting/changing the following events on the units actor:
Code:
For the Hydralisks Melee attack:
WeaponStart.HydraliskMelee.AttackStart
  AnimPlay AttackCover Attack,Cover

For the Hydralisks Ranged attack:
WeaponStart.NeedleSpines.AttackStart
  AnimBracketStart Attack Attack

11)How were you setting the sound to 50%?

Siretu

Starcraft 2 Editor Moderator
Reaction score
1. Has already been answered in two different ways.

2. Follow Dave312's instructions and maybe do some additional reading here: http://www.thehelper.net/threads/da...abilities-look-good-with-actor-events.149859/

4. I can't think of a good way to do this. My advice is to forget about it. If I was making a map where that feature was VITAL to the map itself, I might find some way to do it but it would probably be incredibly messy, super confusing and it would probably only work for as many stacks as I add(So if I want to make it work for 5 stacking towers, I'd have to do more work than for 4 stacking towers)

12. I would give them a behavior with a periodic effect that applies another behavior. In the other behavior, go to the Behavior: Modification + field and open the Unit tab. Set the height to the height you want the maximum height they should reach in the jump and also modify height time start and stop.

Height time Start is the time it takes for the roach to reach the maximum height after it receives the behavior. Height time Stop is the time it takes for the roach to reach the ground after it reaches the maximum height. Set the duration of the behavior to the time the roach should be in the air. You might also want to give a movement boost in the Behavior: Modification + field.

Go to the roach unit and add the FIRST behavior(the one with the periodic effects) to the unit's Behavior: Behaviors field.

MissKerrigan

Reaction score
Alright Dave:

1. I already tried to open buttons with photoshop but photoshop can't open the 'button files' so I decided to leave this

2. thanks dave !

5. omg so easy !

9. thank you! I am very bad in actor-events

10. mmmm another actor-event, I will try it

11. I made a trigger that when the medics are dead a sound plays on 50% but it seems only to get louder

Siretu:

1. yes dave and x-maul explained

2. I know how to create this, just asking myself sometimes why it's not working

4. is there maybe a way that I set the behaviors on 'hidden' and create a button in the tower which shows it? I just have to trigger something that an event sees howmany behaviors are affected on the tower

12. uff never mind :)

X-Maul:

1. I already wrote that the firebats are red by itself so it's hard to mix another color in it

2. well as far I remember in league games, the queen has 2 attacks, I want the queen to show the 'air' attack when fire the needle spines and not show the talons attack when fire spines

7. I already thought about that but I don't know how to create a minimum range for a search effect. Besides if I make more search effects, some of the units within the field are taking more damage

10. I already thought it was something in the actor-event but the problem is, there are A LOT of actor-events, I never know which one it is

11. I told Dave that I created a trigger which makes the sound 50%

X-maul

Reaction score
I already thought it was something in the actor-event but the problem is, there are A LOT of actor-events, I never know which one it is
The actor events work a lot like a trigger does. You will just have too look through it and check the events :) (I havent got time to check it out myself, sorry)

Dave312

Censored for your safe viewing
Reaction score
The actor events work a lot like a trigger does. You will just have too look through it and check the events :) (I havent got time to check it out myself, sorry)
Fortunately I already posted the actor events she needs to delete :)

1. I already tried to open buttons with photoshop but photoshop can't open the 'button files' so I decided to leave this
You need to install an pluggin for photoshop which allows you to open/save DDS files. You can find one here.

11. I made a trigger that when the medics are dead a sound plays on 50% but it seems only to get louder
Could you please post the trigger.

MissKerrigan

Reaction score
no I can't post the trigger because I don't know how this is done, but I can show it:

event: unit dies
condition: unit type of unit is 'medic'
action: play 'medic_death' at position of 'triggering unit' at 50% volume for 'killing player'

X-maul

Reaction score
For copying your trigger you select you trigger with [Ctrl]+[A] and then you right click it and click "Copy as text"
Then you post it in a thread in here within either a [ code] [ /code] tag or a [ wc3] [ /wc3] tag.

Oh, and for your problem; you will have to also remove the sound from the actor. Just go to the actor and go to sounds and remove the death sound.

MissKerrigan

Reaction score
I am familiar with wc3, ofcourse!! the normal sound has to be deleted how can I be so stupid

where exactly can I remove this sound in the actor? this menu seems bigger than I thought

X-maul

Reaction score
Go to the actor and go to "Combat: Death Effects +" and set the sound to (None) for the death events.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Varine Varine:
    I ordered like five blocks for 15 dollars. They're just little aluminum blocks with holes drilled into them
  • Varine Varine:
    They are pretty much disposable. I have shitty nozzles though, and I don't think these were designed for how hot I've run them
  • Varine Varine:
    I tried to extract it but the thing is pretty stuck. Idk what else I can use this for
  • Varine Varine:
    I'll throw it into my scrap stuff box, I'm sure can be used for something
  • Varine Varine:
    I have spare parts for like, everything BUT that block lol. Oh well, I'll print this shit next week I guess. Hopefully it fits
  • Varine Varine:
    I see that, despite your insistence to the contrary, we are becoming a recipe website
  • Varine Varine:
    Which is unique I guess.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Actually I was just playing with having some kind of mention of the food forum and recipes on the main page to test and see if it would engage some of those people to post something. It is just weird to get so much traffic and no engagement
  • The Helper The Helper:
    So what it really is me trying to implement some kind of better site navigation not change the whole theme of the site
  • Varine Varine:
    How can you tell the difference between real traffic and indexing or AI generation bots?
  • The Helper The Helper:
    The bots will show up as users online in the forum software but they do not show up in my stats tracking. I am sure there are bots in the stats but the way alot of the bots treat the site do not show up on the stats
  • Varine Varine:
    I want to build a filtration system for my 3d printer, and that shit is so much more complicated than I thought it would be
  • Varine Varine:
    Apparently ABS emits styrene particulates which can be like .2 micrometers, which idk if the VOC detectors I have can even catch that
  • Varine Varine:
    Anyway I need to get some of those sensors and two air pressure sensors installed before an after the filters, which I need to figure out how to calculate the necessary pressure for and I have yet to find anything that tells me how to actually do that, just the cfm ratings
  • Varine Varine:
    And then I have to set up an arduino board to read those sensors, which I also don't know very much about but I have a whole bunch of crash course things for that
  • Varine Varine:
    These sensors are also a lot more than I thought they would be. Like 5 to 10 each, idk why but I assumed they would be like 2 dollars
  • Varine Varine:
    Another issue I'm learning is that a lot of the air quality sensors don't work at very high ambient temperatures. I'm planning on heating this enclosure to like 60C or so, and that's the upper limit of their functionality
  • Varine Varine:
    Although I don't know if I need to actually actively heat it or just let the plate and hotend bring the ambient temp to whatever it will, but even then I need to figure out an exfiltration for hot air. I think I kind of know what to do but it's still fucking confusing
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Maybe you could find some of that information from AC tech - like how they detect freon and such
  • Varine Varine:
    That's mostly what I've been looking at
  • Varine Varine:
    I don't think I'm dealing with quite the same pressures though, at the very least its a significantly smaller system. For the time being I'm just going to put together a quick scrubby box though and hope it works good enough to not make my house toxic
  • Varine Varine:
    I mean I don't use this enough to pose any significant danger I don't think, but I would still rather not be throwing styrene all over the air

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.