World Rat snacks can solve world food price crisis

The Helper

Necromancy Power over 9000
Staff member
Reaction score
Eating rats is the best way for rich and poor people to solve the global crisis of rising food prices, an Indian official said Wednesday as he unveiled his plan to put rodents on menus.

Regular rat snacks would translate into fewer rodents eating precious grain stocks -- 50 percent of which are lost in the northeastern state of Bihar every year to the animals, said Vijay Prakash, secretary of the state's welfare department.

"This will help in mitigating the global food crisis. We are sure that it will work wonders," Prakash told AFP. "It will save half our grain, and will also reduce villagers' dependence on food stock."

Prakash's plan promotes consumption of rat meat in homes, street stalls, restaurants and even international five-star hotels.

Last edited:

esb

Because none of us are as cruel as all of us.
Reaction score
If it tastes good, and I eventually get over the fact that I'm eating a rat (or don't know), sure. Oh, also if it's healthy.

Jedimindtrixxx

┻━┻ ︵ ¯\(ツ)/¯ ︵ ┻━┻
Reaction score
fuck i am not eating disease infested rats that most likely ran up and down my shit 10 times. i wouldnt even touch a rat those things r fucken nasty
id rather die. but then again i will if i eat them

Wiseman_2

Missy wants blood!
Reaction score
To be honest I could eat anything as long as A) it tastes nice and B) it has a good texture*. And I'm something of a carnivore so it would just be another kind of meat to try :)

*And that is obviously SAFE to eat :p

sqrage

Mega Super Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
If people don't eat pigs because they are 'dirty' and eat the leftovers of other animals, I really don't think they'll be eating rats anytime soon. Especially if they 'figure out' that their religion told them not to.

Lobster

Old Fogey ofthe site
Reaction score
I thought people in china already ate rats.
(not trying to be racist, cause it sounds nasty and insulting, but that's what I thought)

esb

Reaction score
A lot of countries eat rats, cats, dogs, and many other animals.

Darthfett

Aerospace/Cybersecurity Software Engineer
Reaction score
If people don't eat pigs because they are 'dirty' and eat the leftovers of other animals, I really don't think they'll be eating rats anytime soon. Especially if they 'figure out' that their religion told them not to.

There are lots of people who eat 'dirty' animals, and lots who do not. Just because a religion says they can't doesn't mean that no one will.

I don't know how I'd be if this actually became something controversial. I'd probably ignore it. :p

sqrage

Mega Super Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
There are lots of people who eat 'dirty' animals, and lots who do not. Just because a religion says they can't doesn't mean that no one will.

Well ~20% of the world is Muslim, and they aren't allowed to eat pork. And I'd think at least 90% of that 20% adhere to that rule, based on what I've seen.

I wouldn't eat rats to help starving people because they are out of my monkeysphere. >:]

esb

Reaction score
Catholics aren't allowed to eat meat on Fridays. It was for a specific reasons and duration, which I forgot.

WastedSavior

A day without sunshine is like, well, night.
Reaction score
Catholics aren't allowed to eat meat on Fridays. It was for a specific reasons and duration, which I forgot.

Lent

If i wasn't American the situation would probably be different, but because i've grown up with such a spoiled diet the concept of eating a rodent would be objectionable at the very least. :eek:

Darthfett

Aerospace/Cybersecurity Software Engineer
Reaction score
Well ~20% of the world is Muslim, and they aren't allowed to eat pork. And I'd think at least 90% of that 20% adhere to that rule, based on what I've seen.

I wouldn't eat rats to help starving people because they are out of my monkeysphere. >:]

Which leaves ~80% of the world?

I think it would work better if starving people ate rats. :p

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.