Votes: 1 14.3%
  • 4 Not to good

• 5 Maybe terraining isn't soulbad's thing

• Total voters
S

soulbad

Rate these terrain pics one being the best and five being the worstI just kind of want to know were i am at haven't really shown any or my works or any maps to the pub b4.
my.php

my.php

my.php

my.php

Jimpy

The Invisible Observer
Reaction score
I do a great job of terrain and have to stop myself from overdoing it because people complain the game isn't good enough for the terrain.. and I have used so many doodads that map was unplayable in the past...

With your city picture, fancy can be a nice thing, which it was, however the ground was not particularily realistic, no paths, it was much like a pattern with no order. The doodads in that picture were nice but close to being overbearing.. a lot of obelisks.

You posted 2 of the same picutre (lava/redwater falls) Nice again but not much variety in the seperate doodads, and use of small ammounts off doodads, I think only rocks, rock spires and waterfall.

Thrid picture, you overused the rock spires, maybe some fissures or other rock doodads place on the ground would have looked nice, Maybe some taller objects closer would have added some depth (important in cinematics or screenshots) Overall keep up the good work and add some order to city terrain! :)

emjlr3

Change can be a good thing
Reaction score
neat, seems a bit flat to me though....

S

soulbad

I realized i was overdoing with the rocks and spires main reason for that was that i was trying to keep all the doodads for the lava falls and for the other pic. Thanks for the advice keep em coming they really help me out.

Jimpy

The Invisible Observer
Reaction score
Using some paltues, raising and lower would have done uite a bit for it, also some ramps for smooth edges on some spots. Also the cave terrain/doodad peices that blizzard provides look quite nice when effectivly blended into the rest of the terrain.

General chit-chat
Help Users

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.