Reading and Writing Resolutions?

DM Cross

You want to see a magic trick?
Reaction score
It's getting to be the end of the year where many of us make our New Year's Resolutions. I know last year, I made the resolution to read more and for the first, let's say, 6 months? I did do more reading, sometimes as much as one book a week... I'm not going to lie and say I'm still reading that much, but overall; I did more reading this past year than I have in, say, the past 5 years?

How about you guys? Any writer's who wanna make Resolutions about writing more? Anyone going to make the resolution to read more?

Let's hear it.

thewrongvine

The Evolved Panda Commandant
Reaction score
Yes.
But I don't have time anymore unfortunately.
No time to just sit down, relax, and think about writing.
But yeah, I'll make a resolution about writing more. Fat chance though.

~Hai-Bye-Vine~

DM Cross

Reaction score
Yeah, I feel your pain. I don't get much writing in because I work til about 5 everyday and on days where I'm not spending time with Danny Cross, I'm typically so tired, I can't really get much done.

But if you love something, you gotta JUST DO IT!

Like Nike.

thewrongvine

Reaction score
Haha, true. I guess in a sense I still do write. Just not stories like I used to. Now I do scripts for filming, so that counts, right? ^^

~Hai-Bye-Vine~

Dyslexia://

Reaction score
Eh. I'm new to the whole 'Write-Edit-DisplayOnWeb' deal. I have loads of crap here, but I'm not sure if it's quite up to standards in this forum.
Then again...

thewrongvine

Reaction score
Post, :)
We're here to help. And just enjoy it.

LoL With Us! 2 more and we have a whole 5?

~Hai-Bye-Vine~

DM Cross

Reaction score
There really are no "standards" here. I think the great thing about posting here is that you don't have to be some sort of expert on literature to be accepted. We [at least, in the past, not sure about whatever generation took over during my absence] have always been fair to new writer's, attempting to show them new techniques before being a batch of elitist jerks.

Well, there are some elitist jerks when Ninva comes around :rolleyes: But most of us are cool :)

ElderKingpin

Post in the anime section, or die.
Reaction score
I usually force myself to sit down and make myself read a good book and i usually go through the trouble of carrying around an extra book so whenever i get the chance i can read them.

Uahmm I read through the Percy jackson series including the lost hero and im probably going to start the ranger's apprentice later. Ill also follow with Riordan progress with the next one

Bloodcount

Starcraft II Moderator
Reaction score
This year, I ended up being second in a writing competition that had contestants from 5 cities in my country. Since then, I made a short story, but nothing more.

I don't really have the time to write anything... between school, and social life I have just a coupple of spare hours I usually spend on playing starcraft 2.

Writing is serious business, when you want to have as an end product something enjoyable. An hour or so a day, just won't cut it...

So, come to think about it, before actually reading this thread, no, I didn't plan to write more... infact my list of things to do in 2011 was quite short, because in 2010 I did everything and more what I was hoping to do...

Then again, I do <3 writing and reading, so, yes, deffinetly, writing more is one of the things as of now.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.