Real JASS function?

Matrixboy

Reaction score
I was wondering if there was some function that would be able to return what model a unit has, and also a function to change the model of a character in-game.

I wanted to throw a little teaser in my map and thought something like "Kawarimi" (from Naruto) would be a funny idea.

I have been working with JASS for only a few months now, so sorry for asking a newbish question T.T.

Thanks in advance!

Sincerely,
Matrixboy​

Matrixboy

Reaction score
There are no such natives in Jass.

Darn, so the only theoretical way to do this then would be to store all of the stats in a variable, keep the spells, and replace units? (Or something similar... I just jotted this down quickly).

Thanks for the help.

Chocobo

White-Flower
Reaction score
Darn, so the only theoretical way to do this then would be to store all of the stats in a variable, keep the spells, and replace units? (Or something similar... I just jotted this down quickly).

Thanks for the help.

Or you can learn C+ and C++ to inject your own blizzard.j inside the map with your own function and your own effect. But I never exploited Warcraft 3 program scripts, (not .j, but .exe and all the rest), so I do not know how you will do that.

Matrixboy

Reaction score
Or you can learn C+ and C++ to inject your own blizzard.j inside the map with your own function and your own effect. But I never exploited Warcraft 3 program scripts, (not .j, but .exe and all the rest), so I do not know how you will do that.

I was learning slight C++ before, however I didn't get very far into it.

I could actually do that? I didn't know that :\

Thanks! I may do that if I ever get back into learning C++.

phyrex1an

Staff Member and irregular helper
Reaction score
Seriously, this isn't something that you should suggest as a solution. First of all it will render the map unplayable on bnet and a player whould probably need an extra .exe just to load the map.

Chocobo

White-Flower
Reaction score
Seriously, this isn't something that you should suggest as a solution. First of all it will render the map unplayable on bnet and a player whould probably need an extra .exe just to load the map.

Hmm. Yes, it would be hard and it isn't really a solution. ;)

phyrex1an did a double kill on me. :p
So do I on myself. :confused:

Matrixboy said:
I have been working with JASS for only a few months now, so sorry for asking a newbish question T.T.

It isn't a noobish question.

Matrixboy

Reaction score
So, there would be no way to accomplish this, for the exception of a really long trigger, that saves all the stats/spells, saves that character to game cache, creates a new unit of the same type (as the target), and add stats to that?...

L

LucidWay

Well if you want to replace a unit's model the best way would be to make a new unit with the same stats and a different model. Then use like ReplaceUnitBJ(unit, newunitID, unitstatemethod) To switch out the old unit with the new one. Not sure how this handles hero's items etc.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.