AoS <<Realms of the Genesis : Reborn>>

waaaks!

Zinctified
Reaction score
Say hello to the new Realms of the Genesis Reborn. As I said before, the last version of RotG was not continued, because of the lost of RotG open source, now I'm making a new one, and this time, I will be careful about my maps.

Links
www.gg-game.com
Forums
www.jumpclan.tk

Download
RotG Reborn v2.07

Changelog
Changelog

Realms of the Genesis : Reborn

A unique AoS map inspired by AoS players. Control neutral structures, survive the icy terrain, and win. Still the same AoS but much newer and improved gameplay.​

Bounty System

-Bounty system will replace the old income system that gives you gold per second. With this system, you can earn gold easily by just damaging enemy units. Each damage of your hero will give you bounty by a random integer between 30 and 50, and that bounty can be traded to gold by just stepping in your base, or your enemy's base (lol). 10 bounty is equal to 1 gold.

Structure Capture System

-Not the same old Base capture system, this is a newer style on capturing a neutral structure. You need to use an engineer to capture a neutral structure. Engineer has 9 base damage, 300 hit point, the ability to capture a neutral unit, and costs 200 gold each.

Gameplay

-Disables
Disables are spell or item abilities that makes a target, stun, unable to move, hexed, etc. This is one of the reason why most players hate most AoS because of massive stun combos, even a spell with stun but without damage is annoying, so in RotG Reborn, there will be no more disable abilities or items, except for chance based abilities.

Q: How the heck can we kill a running hero?
A: Use slow

Q: WTF! all heroes can be countered by Scroll of Town Portal
A: Scroll of Town Portal channels for 6 seconds before teleporting, and also, there are spells in the map with mini stun (0.1 sec)

Q: How the heck can we kill this Wind Walking / Blinking Hero? Freaking hard!
A: Guess what, no area blink spells, I only have unit target blink, for invi units, use sentry wards

Screenshots

Remarks
-Need item suggestions
-Need Beta Testers
-Need hero story makers (Mine really sucks! yuck! :thdown: )

Hatebreeder

So many apples
Reaction score
Hehehe ^^
Good luck with your Reborn Project...
If you need Models, just give me a PM :)

dragonhord

Knowledge is true opinion. - Plato
Reaction score
I'll help w/ whatever you need... Assuming you need hero stories I will need some guidelines *What you want included in the story and what not* and I am willing to beta test...

darkRae

Ueki Fan (Ueki is watching you)
Reaction score
Add these Q/A to your first post :

Q: How the heck can we kill this AGI Hero? He attacks too fast!
A:

Q: How the heck can we kill this Wind Walking / Blinking Hero? Freaking hard!
A:

Note: I haven't played the map when I had those questions :p
Anyway, the map looks like DotA :x
Bounty system looks like this certain AoS I've played sometime before... forgot the name.

> when your hero grows, your bounty earned also grows.

GG to farmer Heroes :p
If there are no disables, I expect Silences.
Let's hope you have a Hooking spell this time :thup: /joke

waaaks!

Zinctified
Reaction score
@dragonhord
thanks...i really need it

@darkrae
questions and answers added

>Anyway, the map looks like DotA :x
looks like AoS

>Bounty system looks like this certain AoS I've played sometime before... forgot the name.
age of myths summer edition?

>GG to farmer Heroes
even though you are rich, you cant buy much items in the game, because the items suck, and im not changing it, imagine a boots of speed that costs 1000 gold, slippers of agi costs 500...lol

>If there are no disables, I expect Silences.
yep, there are 2 - 3 spells inside the map that can silence a hero

>Let's hope you have a Hooking spell this time
no, its like stealing meat hook from dota

darkRae

Reaction score
> no, its like stealing meat hook from dota

And from where do you think DotA stole Meat Hook from? ^^

> looks like AoS

Too bad I've never played the original Aeon of Strife before.

> even though you are rich, you cant buy much items in the game,

Well, GG death-timer.
You can buy yourself often then.

waaaks!

Zinctified
Reaction score
well u can buy your hero, but its not that worth it, because your hero is a farmer, and not a defender neither an offensive hero

darkRae

Reaction score
Okay, I've tried the map.
And it was.... somewhat lacking triggered spells.
Most of them are Spells from Melee games, on Melee Heroes, with Melee Hero Names!
Only the ultimates and some spells were triggered, I guess.

The Black Citadel was Invulnerable even though I've destroyed all towers! :eek:
The bounty system are supposed to give bounty when we deal damage right?
Well, when I deal damage using Incinerate, it didn't give me any.

Citizen Demands :
-- More Items
-- More Triggered Spells
-- Those two bugs fixed

Well, that's it so far :D

waaaks!

Zinctified
Reaction score
-Bounty system will replace the old income system that gives you gold per second. With this system, you can earn gold easily by just attacking enemy units. Each attack of your hero will give you bounty equal to the dealt damage, and that bounty can be traded to gold by just stepping in your base, or your enemy's base (lol). 50 bounty is equal to 1 gold, kinda low in early games, but when your hero grows, your bounty earned also grows.

I'll look into the black citadel bug

darkRae

Reaction score
> Each attack of your hero will give you bounty equal to the dealt damage

So it only gives Bounty from attacks?
Aw, that gives imbalance on AGIs who often attacks and INTs who often use spells to eliminate creeps.
On the other hand, it can be used as a penalty of using spells to quickly eliminate creeps.
Then again, that's one of most INTs' advantages against AGIs.

waaaks!

Zinctified
Reaction score
RotG Reborn v2.01 released

BTW, my plan is to create all melee heroes and melee spells before creating unique ones.

Kenoriga

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
Tried it.

The snow hurts my eyes.
I feel that the map is too big.
Creeps too weak?
...lots of people are gonna criticise on your items' names... Try to think up your own?
I used Priestess of the Moon(anyhow pressed a hotkey on the keyboard), the arrow feels a bit too much like Elune's Arrow in DotA.
Fountain healing range is a bit small...

Nice bounty system though!
Capturing neutral towers sounds new, lol was about to ask why wasn't the undead tower attacking me.

Feels too much like DotA to me; Normal mode and such. I reckon it would be better for you to create a sense of RotG element. :)

jonadrian619

-___-
Reaction score
Another DotA like map (Tides of Blood and Advent of the Zenith is better) but at least you got back into action to RoTG, well at least it's decent, cool:D.

OFFTOPIC: Man I wish I could finish my The Best Catch map b4 school so that I could make my special AoS.

waaaks!

Zinctified
Reaction score
>Creeps too weak?
its because, there are no imba items

>lots of people are gonna criticise on your items' names... Try to think up your own?
in the last RotG, people want some generic items to have a quick set of items inside their inventory, because in my first batch of items, all of them are unique, making players read each and every item they see

>I used Priestess of the Moon(anyhow pressed a hotkey on the keyboard), the arrow
>feels a bit too much like Elune's Arrow in DotA.
yes because lots of arrow models in wc3 is not as good as the hidden missile which elunes arrow used, and i used too...so that model is the best pick

>Fountain healing range is a bit small...
i forgot to modify it

>Feels too much like DotA to me; Normal mode and such. I reckon it would be better for
>you to create a sense of RotG element.
thats the problem, if i create a unique AoS (like my last Blind AoS that lots of people say its a bad idea) then the map will be like a new genre, not AoS, and the problem now is, lots of people think that all aos maps followed dota, well thats a big mistake, because dota followed AoS and i followed AoS, not dota

>Man I wish I could finish my The Best Catch map b4 school so that I could make my special AoS.
u have so many projects...lol

Kenoriga

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
} #15 waaaks! "lots of people think that all aos maps followed dota, well thats a big mistake, because dota followed AoS and i followed AoS, not dota"

Yeah true.
Highly probably many will think that you copied from DotA.
Since DotA is the norm, its hard to do an AoS that emerges out special... but possible.

waaaks!

Zinctified
Reaction score
anyways, i hope you guys will support this map, BTW im requesting a forum for this project in gg-game.com, that means there will be lots of beta testers

R@i_no_Wyrm

Reaction score
uh... nice size... good thing I've change my net so now it's unlimited.

Well, is this CoDE or where is the thread?
Give ya feedbacks after test it.

EDIT : ... first impression... very DotA-like. The placement, buildings, systems, etc etc...

Heroes... good enough. Need triggered spells to make it unique.
Bounty system... ur nice here.

Things to mention : I can go to the opposing side's tavern place to hide from the fountain and kill regenerating enemy heroes there.

What's gold for? All best items has been bought and all towers has been captured... You need some more things to make people enjoy playing...

Why don't make 'construct base' like in a game (forgot). The system is, take seize of a castle guarded by several creeps, then from inside you may construct your base as you want. You may upgrade the west tower only, you may repair towers and gates, you may open/close the gate, enable auto open/close, upgrade the rally flag inside so it can grants you better buffs, and others...

Hmm... no stun?... Perhaps split it into catching skills and attack disable skills?

No meat hook, make another variant of it!
Funny skill suggestion from a friend : Reversal
Adds 100 hp and 50 mana regen, but then all hp regen and heal will decrease your hp and mana. Reversely, if you're attacked or damaged it will heal you. Buff like immolation costs 10 mana for activation, after mana below 10 it will auto deactivated.

It's still very common... add some more stuffs please.

waaaks!

Zinctified
Reaction score
keep it slow please, the map is still growing, or help me create these "unique" things...i cant even think of an ulti that is unique

i still can make the heroes, what i need is item ideas, so please help me
i want to replace the recipe system with another, but i dont know

darkRae

Reaction score
Well, for starters, since there are no / few abilities that can be used to catch fleeing Heroes, just make them into items, like :

Net
Throws a net to an enemy, disabling movement for a few seconds.

Scroll of Haste | Potion of Haste
Enters maximum speed (522) for a few seconds.

Poisoned Dagger
Poisons an enemy, slowing movement speed for a few seconds.

Note that those abilities were not meant to be Charged items.
Just take those abilities as base, and try to create an item from them.

Example:
Net -> Ensnare -> Web
Spider Silk Brooch (melee item)
Gives attributes, or anything, and the ability to cast Web (based of Ensnare)

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    The bots will show up as users online in the forum software but they do not show up in my stats tracking. I am sure there are bots in the stats but the way alot of the bots treat the site do not show up on the stats
  • Varine Varine:
    I want to build a filtration system for my 3d printer, and that shit is so much more complicated than I thought it would be
  • Varine Varine:
    Apparently ABS emits styrene particulates which can be like .2 micrometers, which idk if the VOC detectors I have can even catch that
  • Varine Varine:
    Anyway I need to get some of those sensors and two air pressure sensors installed before an after the filters, which I need to figure out how to calculate the necessary pressure for and I have yet to find anything that tells me how to actually do that, just the cfm ratings
  • Varine Varine:
    And then I have to set up an arduino board to read those sensors, which I also don't know very much about but I have a whole bunch of crash course things for that
  • Varine Varine:
    These sensors are also a lot more than I thought they would be. Like 5 to 10 each, idk why but I assumed they would be like 2 dollars
  • Varine Varine:
    Another issue I'm learning is that a lot of the air quality sensors don't work at very high ambient temperatures. I'm planning on heating this enclosure to like 60C or so, and that's the upper limit of their functionality
  • Varine Varine:
    Although I don't know if I need to actually actively heat it or just let the plate and hotend bring the ambient temp to whatever it will, but even then I need to figure out an exfiltration for hot air. I think I kind of know what to do but it's still fucking confusing
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Maybe you could find some of that information from AC tech - like how they detect freon and such
  • Varine Varine:
    That's mostly what I've been looking at
  • Varine Varine:
    I don't think I'm dealing with quite the same pressures though, at the very least its a significantly smaller system. For the time being I'm just going to put together a quick scrubby box though and hope it works good enough to not make my house toxic
  • Varine Varine:
    I mean I don't use this enough to pose any significant danger I don't think, but I would still rather not be throwing styrene all over the air
  • The Helper The Helper:
    New dessert added to recipes Southern Pecan Praline Cake https://www.thehelper.net/threads/recipe-southern-pecan-praline-cake.193555/
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Another bot invasion 493 members online most of them bots that do not show up on stats
  • Varine Varine:
    I'm looking at a solid 378 guests, but 3 members. Of which two are me and VSNES. The third is unlisted, which makes me think its a ghost.
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Some members choose invisibility mode
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I bitch about Xenforo sometimes but it really is full featured you just have to really know what you are doing to get the most out of it.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    It is just not easy to fix styles and customize but it definitely can be done
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I do know this - xenforo dropped the ball by not keeping the vbulletin reputation comments as a feature. The loss of the Reputation comments data when we switched to Xenforo really was the death knell for the site when it came to all the users that left. I know I missed it so much and I got way less interested in the site when that feature was gone and I run the site.
  • Blackveiled Blackveiled:
    People love rep, lol
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    The recipe today is Sloppy Joe Casserole - one of my faves LOL https://www.thehelper.net/threads/sloppy-joe-casserole-with-manwich.193585/
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Decided to put up a healthier type recipe to mix it up - Honey Garlic Shrimp Stir-Fry https://www.thehelper.net/threads/recipe-honey-garlic-shrimp-stir-fry.193595/
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Here is another comfort food favorite - Million Dollar Casserole - https://www.thehelper.net/threads/recipe-million-dollar-casserole.193614/

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.