AoS Realms of the Genesis v3

waaaks!

Zinctified
Reaction score

Realms of the Genesis v3
Follow Realms of the Genesis v3 at Twitter to be updated.

Hamachi Network:
Network Name: RotGv3
Password: realmsofthegenesis

-Models for Heroes, not Heroes for Models. ~RotG

From Realms of the Genesis v1 to Realms of the Genesis Reborn v2 up to Realms of the Genesis v3, the map was evolving from the original concept to a different concept and now back to the original concept which is more far better than the previous 2 maps I made. Now comes an epic evolving battle between the Beholder and the Defiled which struggles in an ancient sunken realm, it is said that a sacred treasure relies in this sunken empire which grants eternal happiness was broken in two pieces, one captured by the Beholder and the other half captured by the Defiled. Choose what force you reside, choose your hero and help your team defeat the opposing force to capture the other half of the sacred treasure.

Facilitate your lane, upgrade soldiers, capture bases, plan your strategy, enjoy ass-kickin' battles and make your way to the top, the all new Realms of the Genesis v3 is here, an AoS map created by Sinnergy (me) inspired from Realms of the Genesis v1, now optimized and rebalanced to fit what this map really means, Kick-ass.

Features
  • Lane Control System
    For each lane, there are two structures that can manage a specific lane, one for the melee units and the other for the range units.

Each structure has two upgrades for a unit type, the first upgrade is to improve the units, improving their damage, their hit points, and also changing their Model so players will know that the unit from that lane is upgraded.

• Global Upgrade System
    With this system, players will be granted control on the units upgrade for each team, any user can take control of the structure that provides the upgrade.

There will be four upgrades the structure provides, first for melee units, second for range units, third for magical units, and fourth for their hit points.

--Note for upgrades--
    Although any players from a team can control structures that provide upgrades, this system still have limitations, one of them is, only 1 player at a time clicking a structure can make the upgrade
    second, when clicking an upgrade, the time interval is zero, upgrading the upgrade instantly, but wait, this doesn't mean clicking the upgrade and leaving the structure will still upgrade, no it doesn't continue the upgrade, you need to wait until the upgrade finishes (saying "upgrade completed") then you can leave the structure safely

the upgrade system behaves like this because the system works like, select player 1 red upgrade structure, change upgrade structure owner to owner of selector, if upgrade structure is unselected, it returns back to player 1 red

I need a better system, to fix this problem

• Base Capture System
    Notice the 2 big pile of square thingy in the minimap, they are the two bases I'm referring to, they can be captured when killing the Ancient Giant Sunken Guardian spawned after when you stepped inside the circle of power with the Key of Ruins that can be captured by killing Strouf that spawns randomly either in the top of the map or the bottom of the map.

--Note on this system--
    when Strouf is killed the Key of Ruins will be spawned at the front of the main castle (Arcane Sanctum or Temple of Tides), this is intended so that no one can steal the key from your team when you successfully killed strouf

how about giving the key to the unit that killed strouf?
    if the unit dont have any inventory slot, then the key will be spawned on where the unit stands, giving the opposition the chance to steal the key from your team

• Attribute/Element System
    Ever wondered how can a fire bolt spell deal damage to a water elemental? How the hell can a small amount of fire defeat water? Is this right? well, worry no more, Attribute/Element System is here, the system adds attribute to each hero, abilities, and items, plan your strategies, pick the right hero, choose the right items, build crazy hero line ups to unbeatable combos.

Holy -> Dark -> Water -> Fire -> Plant -> Earth -> Holy

Holy attribute will deal 150% damage to Dark attribute, while Dark attribute only deals 50% damage to Holy attribute but deals 150% damage to Water...bla...bla...bla

It doesn't mean that you can totally own a fire hero when using a water element type hero, although its a big advantage, a really big advantage, but there is always a chance to turn the tables, it just depends on how safe can you play, and what strategy will you use.

Also when picking a hero with such element, it doesn't mean that all of its spells are based on the hero's element, examples are the Sinnergy hero (dark attribute with fire spells) or an earth like creature with plant spells, etc.

Each hero has an attribute or an element, making the hero's armor to its attribute type, BUT doesn't deal elemental damage, this is intended so that passive spells like a triggered critical strike will still react to the attack damage and not to the elemental damage dealt, an example showing the bug:
    lets say the triggered critical strike will react to earth damage because attack damage are converted to elemental damage, yes this will still trigger the critical strike, but what if the same hero with the same critical strike ability will cast a spell with 400 damage using the earth property, this means, it has a chance to trigger the critical strike spell using the 400 damage as the multiplier.

Screenshots
rotg3f.jpg

rotg3e.jpg

rotg3d.jpg

rotg3c.jpg

rotg3b.jpg

rotg3a.jpg

rotg3g.jpg

Fell free to ask questions, give feed backs and react violently on this thread, thanks.

Credits:
Vexorian
Anitarf
Rising_Dusk
Cohadar
Magentix
CRAZYRUSSIAN
Mr. Goblin
JetFangInferno
Litany

The Beta Testers:
Zack1996 (Wizard1996)
Others who tested the map online, or with another group of people, please PM me so that I can add you to the list

I am distributing some sort of spoiler maps to show the heroes, their stats and their abilities, I don't have any beta testers for the map, that's why I rely on the people who plays the spoiler maps for their critics and bug reports for the hero.

W.I.P

The Map can only be played on Warcraft 3: The Frozen Throne PATCH 1.24

Attachments

• RotG v3.0 Beta.w3x
    757 KB · Views: 401
  • Realms of the Gensis v3.0.003.w3x
    1.1 MB · Views: 373

BlackRose

Forum User
Reaction score
Hey! I played this once... single-player..... I liked the spells..... but wasn't it called WotG? Or something? Will it have AI?

jonadrian619

-___-
Reaction score
astig...nc1

For now it's the lenten season. When this week's over I'll go back and give you spell ideas.:D Hope that would be fine!

-- Umaku iku yō ni -|- jonadrian619 --​

MagnaGuard

Reaction score
Maybe a little grammar, "The beholders has killed . . ." to "The beholders have killed"
and "Waaaks! has unlocked North ancient base" to "Waaaks! has unlocked the . . .

Zack1996

Working on a Map
Reaction score
Looks awesome. Glad you're back to map making :D, what happened to GaS?
Anyway, I will test it and give feedback :)

waaaks!

Zinctified
Reaction score
Hey! I played this once... single-player..... I liked the spells..... but wasn't it called WotG? Or something? Will it have AI?
hmm...i havent made any map called WotG, and i dont know if ill be making AI for the map, 'cause im too bad on making AI, especially on AoS maps
astig...nc1

For now it's the lenten season. When this week's over I'll go back and give you spell ideas.:D Hope that would be fine!

-- Umaku iku yō ni -|- jonadrian619 --​
yes it would be great. thanks tol

Maybe a little grammar, "The beholders has killed . . ." to "The beholders have killed"
and "Waaaks! has unlocked North ancient base" to "Waaaks! has unlocked the . . .
thank you, im too bad at grammar, ill fix that

Looks awesome. Glad you're back to map making :D, what happened to GaS?
Anyway, I will test it and give feedback :)
God and Souls, i really dont like the map much as I do now, thats why I stopped it, and also, GaS takes a lot of time to create 1 hero, it has a lot of process to finish just 1

ok, so that you can keep track on RotG v3, ill upload the map for every hero finished, so that you can start testing the hero if it is balanced enough, also to find rare bugs

thanks

wraithseeker

Tired.
Reaction score
You know, terrain could have been better, take a look at my feature test Spirit of vengeance at the Island zone but take note it is just testing and expect bugs or lame stuffs to happen.

When do you plan on using my item system? Tell me what you need to be added and I will add it.

You know that corpse of that sea leviation looks bad right? It's a low quality model and since it was extended so big, tada more less quality.

The rest seems good.

How did you make the words for your project, make some for me too! :)

waaaks!

Zinctified
Reaction score
You know, terrain could have been better, take a look at my feature test Spirit of vengeance at the Island zone but take note it is just testing and expect bugs or lame stuffs to happen.
what island zone? ill look into it
When do you plan on using my item system? Tell me what you need to be added and I will add it.
the item system is great, but it uses 1 ability slot, and i have full ability slot for each hero, thats why i cant use it, i also thought the item system was like, if this hero has this item, i can configure the item bonus via triggering, making it more flexible, and more ideas come, or is it?

You know that corpse of that sea leviation looks bad right? It's a low quality model and since it was extended so big, tada more less quality.
ok ill try to fix that

How did you make the words for your project, make some for me too!
what do u mean by that?

wraithseeker

Tired.
Reaction score
The Island part of the map

It can be manipulated to become a item :)

I meant that the words for your map header was great, maybe you could make one for me too.

wraithseeker

Tired.
Reaction score
Do you have MSN of some sort? Use Spoiler tags for the screenshots, some people don't like scrolling forever and ever.

You should give a story about the game or a background story as it makes the game more interesting me for at least since we don't like random games.

waaaks!

Zinctified
Reaction score
im too bad at grammar, too bad at vocabulary, and too bad at english
im not that good in story making

Zack1996

Working on a Map
Reaction score
Just a question, why are there melee game heroes that you can't use? Its kinda weird :S
Also, I don't mind writing a story for it, just tell me the basic plot.

waaaks!

Zinctified
Reaction score
i didnt removed them, its just a spoiler map though, ill remove it after finalizing hero Kratos the Barbarian

i think its not that important to create a story for the map, since you only need to finish the game by defeating the opposing team

waaaks!

Zinctified
Reaction score
get photo editing software that can make animations (i recommend adobe photoshop cs3 or cs4, or adobe image ready)
in warcraft 3 - click print screen many times, lets say for every tick of 0.5 Milli second
then after taking some screenshots, go to warcraft 3 folder > screen shots, then open images on the software then try to rearrange them into something to make it animate and save it to GIF image

barbarian2.gif

wraithseeker

Tired.
Reaction score
The barbarian looks good but why so many knockback spells? You could add some sort of a berserking spells like whirlwind which takes unit spinning with the caster :)

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.