AoS Realms of the Genesis v3

Zack1996

Working on a Map
Reaction score
spider sense thing
Makes anything epic xD
I really like Spider Heroes :) They give me a chance to say "IN YOUR FACE" (Spider From AoM :D Its really fun when you kill with the Line Damage + Move thing)

waaaks!

Zinctified
Reaction score
Makes anything epic xD
I really like Spider Heroes :) They give me a chance to say "IN YOUR FACE" (Spider From AoM :D Its really fun when you kill with the Line Damage + Move thing)
Im thinking of something like, when a unit comes within this sightless web, then the unit will share vision with you (affects invisible units), also the web will be shared vision with the entering unit, of course the web can be attacked, but permanent and unlimited.

This hero will be more on stalking.

Zack1996

Working on a Map
Reaction score
This hero will be more on stalking.
Looking forward to this terribly interesting hero :)

So will the enemies have some effect to tell them "A spider is stalking you!" or something? Like some web effect.

I hope this hero has an ability that makes him/her/it able to "assasinate" stuff :D
I have a feeling that the Sea Witch is the most aggro caster so far. She is built to damage/disable.

waaaks!

Zinctified
Reaction score
Zack1996 said:
So will the enemies have some effect to tell them "A spider is stalking you!" or something? Like some web effect.
yes, because each time a unit steps inside an invisible web, the vision of that unit is shared to your hero, and also the invisible web will be visible to enemy units, the web is vulnerable, if the web dies, the sharing of vision will be removed
Zack1996 said:
I hope this hero has an ability that makes him/her/it able to "assasinate" stuff
I won't allow that, while I want this hero some kind of spider that waits for a bait to be caught and then attack the prey, for what you posted, its kinda something like a jumping spider, where it hunts and hunts all the way around
Zack1996 said:
I have a feeling that the Sea Witch is the most aggro caster so far. She is built to damage/disable.
BTW I changed Sea Witch to Weather Mage, and changed the model to sorceress

Zack1996

Working on a Map
Reaction score
So... Does the Spider have below average movement speed?

The Spider relies strongly on staying in its Web, it kinda reminds me of Deadeye's Grave Robber. Deadeye stays near corpses and the Spider guy stays near its Web 0_o

waaaks!

Zinctified
Reaction score
I really can't picture out the output for now, I need to think more about it/him/her
The Spider relies strongly on staying in its Web, it kinda reminds me of Deadeye's Grave Robber. Deadeye stays near corpses and the Spider guy stays near its Web 0_o
spider gets aggresive on its web
deadeye gets gayer on the corpse

waaaks!

Zinctified
Reaction score
waaaks! gawa tayo map mehn, no one is replying in the clan forums : /
im afraid the clan is dead, I even don't have communications with my clan mates (manee,fhel,lynx,blade,denmax,etc.), if you would like to help, then contribute in RotG v3, dahil ikakalat natin to sa pilipinas (because we will spread the map in the philippines)

waaaks!

Zinctified
Reaction score
~UPDATE~
looks like I can't wait for the spider guy then upload an updated map, since I changed lots inside the map and Weather Mage is enough for an update. So, here it is, another update, the update is for patch 1.24 only, so please update your warcraft 3 to play the map.

I changed the static ability of Storm, Static Link is cool, but not for 1 level only, so, I replaced it with Wind Walk (not making her invisible, but making her 0 collision to units) which I thought is a good replacement and fits well with storm since her range and most of her spells can only reach up to 400 range

Zack1996

Working on a Map
Reaction score
Wonderful! Another beta map :D
I'll try out the new hero and whatever other features you added and feedback :)

EDIT: HOLY! HER SPELLS ARE EPIC! She gives Spell Casters a whole new standard to follow! Wonderful job, waaaks!
I really like how she (for probably the first time in history) is a Spell Caster with no Instant Nuke, yet does a wonderful job 0_o
Trade Winds also surprised my greatly! I had thought "Maybe its another thing that looks like Aftershock" but I was wrong. It is an epicly cool Wave of Wind that looked 200% awesome 0_o
She also has awesome synergy, especially with her Windwalk. Use all her Tornado skills and rush into a team battle = WIN!

Even though I got pwned by AI due to being crazy (I rushed in xD) I realised that the Weather Mage is a really powerful hero :D I'll try and get a game going with her.

PS: Trade Wind looks ugly when the Imported Crushing Wave model played its Stand Animation from the start. Is it possible to slow the animation such that it would end without the animation looping? Otherwise, you could try increasing the speed of the wave.

waaaks!

Zinctified
Reaction score
ok I uploaded another fast updated map, fixing something I missed, Eye of the Storm is nerfed, before I made it more powerful than I expected, level 6 storm can totally kill Strouf and Ancient Guardian, now it doesn't knock back the Bosses, and intervals between each strike is now doubled (from 0.75 to 1.50)

Storm Gust now decreased move speed slow, as I tested the map, with 1 combo of all spells full level, you can totally own 5 heroes in 1 hell of a clash with heroes with disables.

Zack1996

Working on a Map
Reaction score
I tested the map, with 1 combo of all spells full level, you can totally own 5 heroes in 1 hell of a clash with heroes with disables.
I guessed that xD
Anyway, I finally tried out the spells of the Ancient Guardian. Water World has the same problem as Tradewinds (fixed, I know :D), but it looks nice when he uses Watery Minions right after :D

waaaks!

Zinctified
Reaction score
I haven't fixed Water World yet, for Mirage Heroine, I felt like I need to remake her inverse dagger and ulti. For Storm, she is not that balanced yet, mostly on cooldowns and mana issues, for Barbarian, I felt like doing some remake, more on replicating the original abilities by the Barbarian in Diablo ]|[

Zack1996

Working on a Map
Reaction score
If there are plans to remake Barbarian, Ground Stomp should probably be the one to be remade/tweaked. Its kinda plain a skill and not really as awesome as the other skills in the game.

Also, his Battle Shout thing is quite powerful. You can practically perma-buff your creeps with 25% increased damage. I think there should be a slight mana cost, instead of none at all.

PS: I think there should probably something that indicates that a rune would spawn there, something simple. I practically had no idea where the runes spawned until I came across one in one corner of the forest.

waaaks!

Zinctified
Reaction score
~UPDATED~
done a lots of remakes, including some parts of the terrain, some barbarian abilities, some mirage heroine abilities, Revalation turned to Doom Sage and remade 3 abilities for him, rune spots, bases, boss stats, also returned the -rh command (which I think needing some multiplayer test) and more that I can't recall.

Anyways, there's still an issue with the AI which is not really an issue, because the AI is for testing purposes only, but there's really an issue in terrain pathing, especially in the middle lane of the defiled's side.

Zack1996

Working on a Map
Reaction score
Locust Swarm has a bug... Somehow, it doesn't work properly after I die, the Locusts perish instantly :S Is that supposed to happen?

Nice update though! The Barbarian's skills are cooler now :) The Doom Sage is also really cool! Especially his 1v1/Chasing capability!

Haven't tried the Mirage heroine. Will feedback soon.

EDIT: Tested Mirage Heroine. Was really fun xD I really like her Ultimate, it makes the enemy super confused :)
Inverse Dagger is nice too, it makes mass illusion attacking really fun :D

waaaks!

Zinctified
Reaction score
for the locust swarm, I'll look into it, there's a need for investigation for Doom Sage
as I was remaking Mirage Heroine, I was thinking about her main role in the game, so, there's only 1 thing that pops in my mind, and that is the master of confusion and illusion, but for now, I felt like Shift has no use at all, she has no use at Shift at level 1, I need to find a way to maintain the concept and add usability with Shift.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    The bots will show up as users online in the forum software but they do not show up in my stats tracking. I am sure there are bots in the stats but the way alot of the bots treat the site do not show up on the stats
  • Varine Varine:
    I want to build a filtration system for my 3d printer, and that shit is so much more complicated than I thought it would be
  • Varine Varine:
    Apparently ABS emits styrene particulates which can be like .2 micrometers, which idk if the VOC detectors I have can even catch that
  • Varine Varine:
    Anyway I need to get some of those sensors and two air pressure sensors installed before an after the filters, which I need to figure out how to calculate the necessary pressure for and I have yet to find anything that tells me how to actually do that, just the cfm ratings
  • Varine Varine:
    And then I have to set up an arduino board to read those sensors, which I also don't know very much about but I have a whole bunch of crash course things for that
  • Varine Varine:
    These sensors are also a lot more than I thought they would be. Like 5 to 10 each, idk why but I assumed they would be like 2 dollars
  • Varine Varine:
    Another issue I'm learning is that a lot of the air quality sensors don't work at very high ambient temperatures. I'm planning on heating this enclosure to like 60C or so, and that's the upper limit of their functionality
  • Varine Varine:
    Although I don't know if I need to actually actively heat it or just let the plate and hotend bring the ambient temp to whatever it will, but even then I need to figure out an exfiltration for hot air. I think I kind of know what to do but it's still fucking confusing
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Maybe you could find some of that information from AC tech - like how they detect freon and such
  • Varine Varine:
    That's mostly what I've been looking at
  • Varine Varine:
    I don't think I'm dealing with quite the same pressures though, at the very least its a significantly smaller system. For the time being I'm just going to put together a quick scrubby box though and hope it works good enough to not make my house toxic
  • Varine Varine:
    I mean I don't use this enough to pose any significant danger I don't think, but I would still rather not be throwing styrene all over the air
  • The Helper The Helper:
    New dessert added to recipes Southern Pecan Praline Cake https://www.thehelper.net/threads/recipe-southern-pecan-praline-cake.193555/
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Another bot invasion 493 members online most of them bots that do not show up on stats
  • Varine Varine:
    I'm looking at a solid 378 guests, but 3 members. Of which two are me and VSNES. The third is unlisted, which makes me think its a ghost.
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Some members choose invisibility mode
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I bitch about Xenforo sometimes but it really is full featured you just have to really know what you are doing to get the most out of it.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    It is just not easy to fix styles and customize but it definitely can be done
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I do know this - xenforo dropped the ball by not keeping the vbulletin reputation comments as a feature. The loss of the Reputation comments data when we switched to Xenforo really was the death knell for the site when it came to all the users that left. I know I missed it so much and I got way less interested in the site when that feature was gone and I run the site.
  • Blackveiled Blackveiled:
    People love rep, lol
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    The recipe today is Sloppy Joe Casserole - one of my faves LOL https://www.thehelper.net/threads/sloppy-joe-casserole-with-manwich.193585/
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Decided to put up a healthier type recipe to mix it up - Honey Garlic Shrimp Stir-Fry https://www.thehelper.net/threads/recipe-honey-garlic-shrimp-stir-fry.193595/
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Here is another comfort food favorite - Million Dollar Casserole - https://www.thehelper.net/threads/recipe-million-dollar-casserole.193614/

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.