AoS Realms of the Genesis v3

13lade619

is now a game developer :)
Reaction score
get photo editing software that can make animations (i recommend adobe photoshop cs3 or cs4, or adobe image ready)
in warcraft 3 - click print screen many times, lets say for every tick of 0.5 Milli second
then after taking some screenshots, go to warcraft 3 folder > screen shots, then open images on the software then try to rearrange them into something to make it animate and save it to GIF image

that's way inefficient and time consuming.
here's what i do:

take an avi with fraps (the trial works good, since you arent making a minute long GIF.)
use the free software 'MovieToAGIF' from here http://www.evanolds.com/index.html
then use Adobe to crop the screen size.

R@i_no_Wyrm

Reaction score
Code:
--Note for upgrades--
Although any players from a team can control structures that provide upgrades, this system still have limitations, one of them is, only 1 player at a time clicking a structure can make the upgrade
second, when clicking an upgrade, the time interval is zero, upgrading the upgrade instantly, but wait, this doesn't mean clicking the upgrade and leaving the structure will still upgrade, no it doesn't continue the upgrade, you need to wait until the upgrade finishes (saying "upgrade completed") then you can leave the structure safely

the upgrade system behaves like this because the system works like, select player 1 red upgrade structure, change upgrade structure owner to owner of selector, if upgrade structure is unselected, it returns back to player 1 red

I need a better system, to fix this problem

Try to keep the ownership to player 1 (red) but give one of those shop sharing (or shop purchase sharing) abilities... it'll make any training of other player visible to allied units. Then you can freely add items to be sold at the shop (and continue training units even if you leave). The weakness of this system is that you have to make many items though... and even more if you want to make a 'cancel upgrade' system...

Zack1996

Working on a Map
Reaction score
Really loved the Barbarian hero :D. I love leap and knockback spells XD
I realised that his ultimate has no mana cost, cool! Quite a powerful hero who can combo like crazy. Could probably own well early game.
Anyway, how could you get the skin and not an icon? I'll see what I can do to help :)
EDIT: Did a simple icon, adding borders and stuff
EDIT2: Okay, the basic icon is done, download the thing if you like it.
BTNBerserker.jpg

Attachments

• Berserker.zip
    8.4 KB · Views: 259

BlackRose

Forum User
Reaction score
I REMEMBER! I have RotG v1.9! It was really ...... simple sorta.... I liked the Panda (Storm) hero.

Zack1996

Working on a Map
Reaction score
RotG 1 was really great. I think its still downloadable somewhere.
Anyway, waaks is one of my most respected map-makers. He has made many maps that I truly admire.
+rep!
PS: I have the icon uploaded.Link.
Its just a horrible attempt at recolour.

waaaks!

Zinctified
Reaction score
Code:
--Note for upgrades--
Although any players from a team can control structures that provide upgrades, this system still have limitations, one of them is, only 1 player at a time clicking a structure can make the upgrade
second, when clicking an upgrade, the time interval is zero, upgrading the upgrade instantly, but wait, this doesn't mean clicking the upgrade and leaving the structure will still upgrade, no it doesn't continue the upgrade, you need to wait until the upgrade finishes (saying "upgrade completed") then you can leave the structure safely

the upgrade system behaves like this because the system works like, select player 1 red upgrade structure, change upgrade structure owner to owner of selector, if upgrade structure is unselected, it returns back to player 1 red

I need a better system, to fix this problem

Try to keep the ownership to player 1 (red) but give one of those shop sharing (or shop purchase sharing) abilities... it'll make any training of other player visible to allied units. Then you can freely add items to be sold at the shop (and continue training units even if you leave). The weakness of this system is that you have to make many items though... and even more if you want to make a 'cancel upgrade' system...
thanks for the suggestion, and welcome

Really loved the Barbarian hero :D. I love leap and knockback spells XD
I realised that his ultimate has no mana cost, cool! Quite a powerful hero who can combo like crazy. Could probably own well early game.
Anyway, how could you get the skin and not an icon? I'll see what I can do to help :)
EDIT: Did a simple icon, adding borders and stuff
EDIT2: Okay, the basic icon is done, download the thing if you like it.
View attachment 30532
thanks for the icon zack, oh yeah, btw, i did not create the barbarian skin, it was archian who made it, and im too bad at painting stuff

I REMEMBER! I have RotG v1.9! It was really ...... simple sorta.... I liked the Panda (Storm) hero.
v1.9 kinda old, it was like v1.34, yeah, storm was one of my favored hero in the game

currently creating a melee agi hero right now, and also changing some mechanics in the game

EDIT:
Zack1996 added in the credit list, dont worry guys, anyone who helped me will be credited
rotg 1 can still be downloaded at epicwar.com just search rotg 1.34, i sometimes play the game and i see i suck in mapping rotg 1

@zack1996
the icon is not that bad, im currently using it, thanks

i really cant find a solution to change the upgrade system, i tried to make R@i_no_wyrm's suggestions, but still doesnt work, ive done lots of testing for the system and none of them works, maybe i will not change the upgrade system until i can find a better solution for the system

EDIT 2:
added sand box at main page for heroes that im currently working at, this just shows you the concept of the hero

Zack1996

Working on a Map
Reaction score
Oh yeah, you can avoid importing the DISBTN if you just name the BTN to something like 'ReplaceableTextures\CommandButtons\Berserker\BTNChaosGrom.blp'. I dunno why I post this here but w/e.

Anyway, I could help with simple recolours to icons and maybe skins (haven't done skins yet, learning it).

As to the upgrades system, you could try something like this: When you purchase an item from the shop (just purchase it), the shop will get an item. Then a bar will appear that shows the upgrade progress. When the upgrade is completed, the next item in the inventory will move to the first etc. and the thing will continue :S

waaaks!

Zinctified
Reaction score
thanks for the suggestion, theres no problem creating the actions, im just confused on what event and conditions will i use

waaaks!

Zinctified
Reaction score
thats the only condition i havent used, lol
ill try it again after creating Mirare the Mirage Heroine

Zack1996

Working on a Map
Reaction score
Wow, you sure work fast.
Anyway, the new hero is good :) You need to have quite some skill to use her but she is really powerful if used correctly.
She's quite confusing but a really good hero. Keep it up :D
Image Rally seems extremely powerful...

waaaks!

Zinctified
Reaction score
~UPDATE~
Added Deadeye imported directly from Rising_Dusk at wc3c.net, and added some abilities that best fits him

i really loved the work of Rising_Dusk when it comes to hero making, he sure has talent on balancing heroes especially on AoS maps, he is a great map maker, with 2 aos maps Desert of Exile and Advent of the Zennith where i get my inspiration from

jonadrian619

-___-
Reaction score
:thup:I never knew you added Deadeye, that skeleton has decent spells and I liked it. Good job!

I'm ready to share my Hero ideas when you are, just don't forget to give me some notes or requirements/criteria for ur heros.

wraithseeker

Tired.
Reaction score
That skeleton archer is made by a famous modeller but takes too much size though..

I like the spells but importing spells seems really awkward.

Dusk sure does make good maps with his devoted time.

waaaks!

Zinctified
Reaction score
maybe ill change the deadeye model to the default skeleton archer, deadeye is intended for melee maps, because they know that the skeleton archer model is overused as a summoned unit and i havent used the skeleton archer in my map (or did i?)

for the hero ideas, ill take hero ideas, there are no requirements, but there are restrictions, no melee look alike spells (storm bolt with different missile effect), and no unique abilities from other maps, this means, i will not accept spell ideas that is already used by some maps out there, except for submitted spells

1 default ability
4 level 4 abilities
1 ultimate (can be learned at levels, 7, 13, 19)

for now, ill be making initial items for the map while im collecting hero ideas

Zack1996

Working on a Map
Reaction score
Use the Flaming Archer (Hidden Model). It probably looks better :)
Anyway, is it fine if the spell is a passive that triggers on attack? Is it ok if its based off a melee game spell? If so, I'll do one idea for you :D

waaaks!

Zinctified
Reaction score
yeah flaming archer is good, but it doesnt fit the hero, like deadeye has no fire spells, yep a passive triggered on attack is fine, for the melee game spell, i dont think i would accept that because melee spells are too common, and overused by mappers

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.